PDA

View Full Version : Blurb & Excerpt for Touch of the Demon

Christina Phillips
May 7th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Hello! Here's the blurb and excerpt from my erotic short story, Touch of the Demon

Dark angel Rafe travels back in time to destroy the woman who is fated to bring untold chaos to the cosmos. Instead, he finds Celeste, a child of the Earth Goddess, who is sworn to protect the one Rafe seeks. He mistakes her for his quarry but an irresistible attraction prevents him from taking her soul. And although Celeste holds the one weapon capable of banishing Rafe from Earth forever, she's unable to deny the overwhelming desire to possess this creature from hell. They come together in a frenzy of passion, each believing they are changing destiny by their actions. But when the Earth Goddess appears they discover her plans are more far reaching than either had imagined.

Touch of the Demon - A Scarlet Rosette - Available Now from The Wilder Roses (http://www.thewildrosepress.com/wilderroses/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=675)

If you want a sexy read, filled with demons, goddesses, and forbidden love, then pick up a copy of Touch of the Demon and let it take you away. I give this short story 4 cherries.

Tiger Lily, Whipped Cream (http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/2009/03/touch-of-demon-by-christina-phillips.html)

Excerpt:
<O:p</O:p
“I’ll beg you for nothing.” It was a lie. If Celeste thought begging could get her anywhere, then she would already be on her knees before him. She kept that knowledge locked deep in her heart.
Rafe took a step toward her and her heart hammered in her breast. He was taller than any human she had known over the years. But then, he wasn’t human. Beneath the long leather coat he wore against the night’s chill air, his broad shoulders all but blotted out the rest of the world.
She sucked in a suddenly panicked breath, and his evocative scent of other worldly essences, meshed with hot, heavy male enveloped her. Against every principle she stood for, her nipples strained against the fabric of her bodice, peaking with desire and disgust and pure, animal heat.
A mocking smile twisted his full sensual lips. “I could make you beg, human.” His finger traced the outline of her face and she shuddered, hating the way she reacted and yet unable to help herself. “I might even listen to your pleas.” His smoky whisper shimmered along her senses, searing with words unsaid.

"You don't know how to listen." But she turned her head slightly, so his palm grazed against her jaw. He drew in a sharp breath and satisfaction sliced through her. He wasn't immune to her, any more than she was to him.

It meant nothing. Could lead nowhere but hell. And yet, she still couldn't draw back.

"Why don't you try me?" His thigh pressed against hers, hot and unyielding. She refused to retreat, instead returning the pressure and hot darts of lust pierced deep within her womb.

"I wouldn't lower myself." She flattened her hand against his chest to push him away. His heart beat beneath her fingers and, instead of repelling him, she pressed against the cool linen of his shirt as the heat of his body warmed the fabric.

His fingers caressed her face then speared through her hair. She gasped in shock as her head jerked back.

"You don't have to beg." His voice was hoarse, his dark eyes glowing with lust. Instead of terrifying her, the vision inflamed. "You only need to ask."