PDA

View Full Version : Bound to shadows?

arielle
May 9th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Is bound to shadows going to be the last book in the riley series?

do you feel like it's time for closure?

CharmedGirl
May 10th, 2009, 06:21 PM
It's not going to be the last book. There is another one after Bound to Shadows. It has been temporarily titled Captured by Vengeance.

arielle
May 10th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I love this series, don't get me wrong, but i just feel like the books needs closure soon. do you know what i mean?

CharmedGirl
May 11th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Captured by Vengeance is to be the last book of the Riley series.

Dani
May 12th, 2009, 07:22 PM
There are lots of series that could be winding down now, but this one isn't one of them for me. There is so much more that Keri could write about Riley. I do like the fact that Keri making the choice to end the series before things started getting out of hand and stupid like other authors have gotten with theirs (I won't mention names either to be fair). Don't get me wrong, I love this series and don't want to see it end, but sometimes that needs to happen.

She has said that she might do a set of books about Risa (Dia's daughter) and that we might see Riley and the others in them a little, but we shall see. First I want to read more of the Myth and Magic series.

arielle
May 13th, 2009, 12:50 AM
I too, think there is plenty that keri could write about. However, I feel it is time for closure. Maybe it's my impatience, i sure hope not though.

Hmm, It would be nice if Keri started a series for Risa. Although I'd rather she continue Trae and Destinys story :]

KeriArthur
May 13th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Risa's series has been contracted, and the first book has been started, so it's definitely going ahead. It's going more into the demon and reaper side of things rather than vamps and weres, though.

The myth and magic series is continuing, too. The second book is Mercy Burns and it features mercy, Trae's sister. Trae and Destiny appear in it at the end. I think the third book will be about a gargoyle, and a dragon character that appears in Mercy's book.<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CUser%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->

sabby07
May 13th, 2009, 06:38 PM
There are lots of series that could be winding down now, but this one isn't one of them for me. There is so much more that Keri could write about Riley. I do like the fact that Keri making the choice to end the series before things started getting out of hand and stupid like other authors have gotten with theirs (I won't mention names either to be fair). Don't get me wrong, I love this series and don't want to see it end, but sometimes that needs to happen.
Well said!!! I totally agree!!!
She has said that she might do a set of books about Risa (Dia's daughter) and that we might see Riley and the others in them a little, but we shall see. First I want to read more of the Myth and Magic series.

Thank you Keri!!!! I can't wait to read Risa's series!

Dani
May 14th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Risa's series has been contracted, and the first book has been started, so it's definitely going ahead. It's going more into the demon and reaper side of things rather than vamps and weres, though.

The myth and magic series is continuing, too. The second book is Mercy Burns and it features mercy, Trae's sister. Trae and Destiny appear in it at the end. I think the third book will be about a gargoyle, and a dragon character that appears in Mercy's book.<META name=ProgId content=Word.Document><META name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 10"><META name=Originator content="Microsoft Word 10"><LINK rel=File-List href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CUser%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><STYLE> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE>
WooHoo! Congrats on Risa's series being contracted! :huepfen017:

I can't wait to read Mercy's story. Oooh, a gargoyle and a dragon story, that will be awesome. I don't know of too many authors that write about gargoyles (in fact I can only think of one right now).

Thanks for the purple comment Sabby (made it easier for me to read. LOL!). :)

lavagrl
May 14th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I agree that the emotional stuff with Riley has been taken pretty far, and we all want to know who she's going to end up with, and that Keri wrapping it up before it goes too long and drags too much is a good thing. However, there's so much more she could do with this reality and these characters she's created. I know a big part of romance is the emotional journey, but I'd like to see some short stories after the wrapup of the series where Riley has to deal with a case then goes home to her guy (or guys), just to see the happily ever after part.

I really do like this reality, so I for one can't wait until the sort of spin off with Risa comes out.

When will that be?

:leo:

KeriArthur
May 15th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I really do like this reality, so I for one can't wait until the sort of spin off with Risa comes out.
When will that be?

I have no idea as yet. The first book doesn't have to be handed in until 2010, so it'll be either late 2010, or 2011

Riley'sTrueSoulmate
May 19th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Woohoo!!! Totally awesome to hear about the fact there is a starting developement on Risa's series! LOL, anything Keri writes is a must read for me! :notworthy:

mizshaye
July 13th, 2009, 09:52 AM
i loved this series i dont care how many more books there are as long as quinn is in them.... i cant seem to put the books down because i want to know what Riley and Quinn chat about next, i just love how they converse (i think thats the word i want). You did i get job keri.

CharityLynn
December 1st, 2009, 10:46 PM
Did anyone else find tears streaming down their face at the end of Bound to Shadows? Sigh not I'm all upset and emotional..thanks Keri...lol I love authors who can make me cry. I am so going to miss that stallion...

Dani
December 1st, 2009, 11:49 PM
Yes, I was very emotional. I'm glad that Risa helped her see what was waiting for her. Also glad she doesn't have Kye to worry about anymore. I just didn't like him personality wise, but the way Keri described his looks... Well, I was drooling. LOL!

CharmedGirl
December 2nd, 2009, 12:10 AM
I loved the part with Risa at the end. Even though I was crying.

Riley'sTrueSoulmate
December 2nd, 2009, 04:38 AM
Me too! :tear::censored::hissyfit::hide::(

hollie
December 2nd, 2009, 07:13 AM
I haven't had chance to read it yet ~ i havent been reading much of anything lately.

lavagrl
December 2nd, 2009, 04:47 PM
You should get to it, Hollie. It was definitely one of Keri's better ones. But then again, I'm biased because I actually liked Kye and I have a thing for sad endings.

Dani
December 2nd, 2009, 11:33 PM
I haven't had chance to read it yet ~ i havent been reading much of anything lately.
Girlie, I sent that to you right after it came out! You need to get hoppin' and read it. It's AWESOME!

hollie
December 3rd, 2009, 12:48 PM
You should get to it, Hollie. It was definitely one of Keri's better ones. But then again, I'm biased because I actually liked Kye and I have a thing for sad endings.

oh i'm not good with sad endings do i want to read it if its sad? can't i just get someone to tell me what happens?

Girlie, I sent that to you right after it came out! You need to get hoppin' and read it. It's AWESOME!

i know i know but those headaches i was getting made reading impossible i'm slowly getting back into it but i'm still only reading slowly.

DavidsGirl841444
December 3rd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Yes get to reading cause i so want to talk about it sad yes but the ending loved none the less the last couple of pages

lavagrl
December 4th, 2009, 06:17 PM
oh i'm not good with sad endings do i want to read it if its sad? can't i just get someone to tell me what happens?

Don't look at me. :sofa: I know nothing and I'm telling nothing.

DavidsGirl841444
December 5th, 2009, 02:55 PM
MY gods it was great loved every second and you have to read. loved quinn through out

Dani
December 5th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Don't look at me. :sofa: I know nothing and I'm telling nothing.
That's the thing to say to her. She just needs to read it for herself.

I wubs you hon and you know it, but I'm not letting anyone tell you. So start reading! Laugh it Up fuzball

CharmedGirl
December 6th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I'm with Dani, Hollie. You need to start reading it. Bound to Shadows was fantastic.

Dani
December 6th, 2009, 11:21 PM
I'm with Dani, Hollie. You need to start reading it. Bound to Shadows was fantastic.
See Hollie, even Bec agrees with me! :tt2:

Thank you Bec! :notworthy:

DavidsGirl841444
December 8th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I am in agreement with you all want to talk