PDA

View Full Version : It doesn't pour but you get a tsunami

sjwilling
May 17th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Alas more good news, my main computer died this am. The one I use for most of my writing, and all my graphics and web page work.

I'm beginning to wonder if some deity or other has it in for me.

:eek:

S.J.

Kim Smith
May 17th, 2009, 12:26 PM
oh em gee. bless your heart! i would just curl up and die!

hollie
May 17th, 2009, 04:12 PM
oh no poor SJ (and Tree) i was lost when i had to format my harddrive and I'd saved everything ( or thought I had) I'm with Kim I would just die if i lost my laptop

sjwilling
June 29th, 2009, 07:19 PM
oh no poor SJ (and Tree) i was lost when i had to format my harddrive and I'd saved everything ( or thought I had) I'm with Kim I would just die if i lost my laptop

laptop sorta works, but I get the feeling it's not very happy.

Oh well, fingers crossed.

S.J.

Dani
June 29th, 2009, 08:11 PM
I can understand why.

Eva Lefoy
July 3rd, 2009, 12:26 AM
A flash drive to the rescue!

I tell ya, you'll never go back once you put your brain in your pants pocket. It's a wonderful feeling!

(My Win98 unit crashed and took my data with it, so I have learned the hard way. Sigh.)

sjwilling
July 4th, 2009, 01:08 AM
fortunately I had my files on the flash drive but what I can't get hold of is my music files, my ebook reader files and a bunch of other stuff like that which would take too much space on a stick to save.

Of course I could rip them all from cd's and stuff and get them on my laptop but it would take ages, I've got over a thousand songs there at least.

:(

Still, I'm hoping I'll eventually be able to get it fixed and that it's not the hard drive that went down.

*fingers crossed*

S.J.