PDA

View Full Version : Pub Closings And Other Annoyances

Elizabeth Black
May 18th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Sadly, my short sweet story "The Storm" was never released because my publisher, Forbidden Publications, closed on my release day. I was quite miffed, to put it mildly. I had put in a lot of promo time the month prior to my release date, and all of that went to naught. Ticked off doesn't even begin to describe how I felt when the pub closed down without any warning whatsoever. :po: :mad::realmad::flamingmad:

I have had three pubs in a row up and die on me. First was Twilight Fantasies, the very first e-pub that ever accepted a book from me. The pub didn't even make it to my release date. BashingHead

The networking group Midnight Seductions came to be in part because of the closing of Twilight Fantasies, and I joined MS at its inception. I'm very happy to be part of that group, so some good came out of my first pub going belly up so quickly.

Then there was Dark Eden, and I don't even remember what story I pubbed there anymore. That one went belly up not long after Twilight Fantasies. :hissyfit:

And then, finally, Forbidden crashed and burned without warning. On my release date. angryrazz.gif

Thankfully I've had good luck so far with Whiskey Creek Press Torrid. WCPT has published my short stories "Sweet Spot" and "The Face In The Mirror" in the Monster Mash Halloween anthology. I won a first place Preditors and Editors award for Best Short Horror story for "Sweet Spot". WCPT is also publishing my first erotic romance novel, "The Haunting Of The Sandpiper Inn" in June. I have my cover art and it's beautiful. So far so good with WCPT.

Circlet Press and Xcite have also been good to me. I've published short erotic stories with both pubs, and I like them very much. Xcite is in the U. K., so I get the international praise that I long for so much. I used to pub with eXcessica, but I left that press and subbed my book to WCPT instead. Originally entitled "Summer Heat", the new version pubbed by WCPT will be called "Tales of Lust And Longing", and it comes out in September.

I just wanted to razz a little bit on how e-pubs seemed to drop like flies for me for awhile there. I'm sticking with the pubs I have now and if I want to try a new pub, it will be an established one, not a new one. applause.gif