PDA

View Full Version : A Nightclub Singer Falls in Love With the Enemy...

Shelley Munro
May 19th, 2009, 04:18 PM
My latest release, Currents Run Deep is out at Ellora's Cave. It's a Romeo and Juliet type tale with Roman and Asia, the hero and heroine, coming from enemy tribes.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/shelleymunro/Covers/currentsrundeep200x300.jpg

A sexy face in the crowd…<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Shifter Asia Bolino can’t believe the gorgeous cutie is Roman Anderson. They belong to enemy tribes, but she’d love to run her fingers over his…assets. Roman doesn’t recognize her, and in a moment of weakness, Asia agrees to a late-night date, a little forbidden pleasure.<O:p</O:p

Someone attacks Roman while he waits for Asia. Aware of his shifter status, Asia takes him back to her apartment. The problem is when he regains consciousness, he thinks they’re married. He parades around her apartment wearing nothing but a smile, and Asia is weak. She succumbs to his charm and skilful loving. Hip-deep in lies, she’s aware the sensual bubble might burst at any moment. That might mean bloodshed, and she can’t allow that to happen. Worse, Roman doesn’t seem to recall he’s a shifter.
<ST1:p
Asia struggles with guilt while melting at Roman’s touch. Nothing can come of their relationship, and now it seems someone knows the truth and they’re both in danger.
<O:pAvailable now at Ellora's Cave (http://www.jasminejade.com/pm-7225-127-currents-run-deep.aspx) </O:p

<O:pShelley</O:p

hollie
May 19th, 2009, 04:35 PM
oh wow Shelley that sounds really good

Shelley Munro
May 21st, 2009, 05:34 AM
Thanks, Hollie. I'll post an excerpt for you in the next few days.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2009, 03:33 AM
“You going to shower with me?”

<ST1:pAsia felt herself blink. Oh man, he tempted her, but it wasn’t right to take advantage of a man in this condition. “You need to sleep. If I shower with you we’ll get sidetracked.”

Roman’s dark gaze moved slowly down her body and back up to her face. A sexy smile bloomed on his battered face. “That is true,” he acknowledged. “Maybe you’re right. It’ll be quicker if I shower on my own.” He slipped the ripped and bloody suit jacket off and let it drop to the floor.

When he started to undo his shirt, Asia decided it was time to flee. “I’ll grab you a clean towel.” She shot from her bedroom as if a pack of Resident Orcas were after her. Her breathing had turned choppy and her palms were moist. She felt as if she’d swum across the Tasman Sea from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Australia</st1:country-region> to Ne<st1:country-region w:st="on">w Zealand</st1:country-region> in record time. Asia wiped the dampness from her palms and took a deep breath. This couldn’t continue. She was an adult, for goodness sake! With trembling hands, she tugged open the cupboard and seized several towels.

The pipes clanked, indicating Roman had found the shower and turned on the water. Just the image of his naked body made her break into a cold sweat. Asia scowled. All she could think of was sex. The rush of pleasure at the moment of orgasm. Doing it with Roman. Her steps slowed. She heard the shower door open and close and imagined his naked body. Muscled. Tanned. Very touchable.

Oh boy.<O:p</O:p
Asia fanned her flushed face. Sucking in a deep breath, she headed for the bathroom and temptation. “He’s injured,” she whispered.

“You shouldn’t be thinking about him like this.” Besides, he’s a sworn enemy of our tribe.<O:p</O:p
<ST1:pAsia stepped into the bathroom, her gaze shooting to the shower. Despite the fragrant steam filling the room, she could see his body without difficulty. And it was just as spectacular as she imagined.<O:p</O:p

The water shut off and the shower door opened. Asia thrust the towels at Roman, trying hard not to stare. It was all of two seconds before her resolve weakened and she sneaked a peek. Powerful shoulders gave way to a tight, trim waist and slim hips. Muscles. Oh yeah…muscles! Tight, toned and sexy. Asia craved a touch. The only trouble was that strangers had just pummeled him like a punching bag. She shouldn’t have sex on the brain. This crush she had on Roman Anderson was bad news. A quick roll in the sack and a few hasty kisses were one thing, but this insidious craving for more had to stop before someone got hurt. Before she got hurt.

A relationship between members of opposing tribes was out of the question. Her family would never speak to her again, and Asia freely admitted that would hurt. Despite their faults, she loved her family members and couldn’t imagine going through the rest of her life never seeing them. In isolation. A male wasn’t worth that kind of sacrifice, not even an orca who made her hot and needy.

“You’re going to feel sore tomorrow,” she muttered after catching his dark gaze on her face. Damn, that was masculine interest she saw in his eyes. This had to stop.

Now. Be strong!<O:p</O:p

“Maybe,” he conceded, glancing down at his colored and bruised ribs in a disinterested manner. “I’m tired. Just want to sleep.” He leaned closer to buzz a kiss across her lips before dropping the towel on the floor and sauntering back to the bedroom.
<ST1:pAsia gaped at his bare ass and at the wet buttercup yellow towel on the bathroom floor. She didn’t know which disturbed her most—the expanse of naked temptation or the fact he expected her to pick up after him.

CharmedGirl
June 8th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Great excerpt Shelley.

Shelley Munro
June 10th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed it, Bec.

Shelley

Dani
June 10th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Great Cover and excellent excerpt Shelley!

Shelley Munro
June 15th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Thanks, Dani!

Shelley