PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 1...

Karenne
March 21st, 2007, 04:43 PM
I stood in the shadows and watched the dead man.

The night was bitterly cold, and rain fell in a heavy, constant stream. Water sluiced down the vampire’s long causeway of a nose, leaping to the square thrust of his jaw before joining the mad rush down the front of his yellow raincoat. The puddle around his bare feet had reached his ankles and was slowly beginning to creep up his hairy legs.

Like most of the newly risen, he was little more than flesh stretched tautly over bone. But his skin possessed a rosy glow that suggested he’d eaten well and often. Even if his pale eyes were sunken. Haunted.

Which in itself wasn’t really surprising. Thanks to the willingness of both Hollywood and literature to romanticize vampirism, far too many humans seemed to think that by becoming a vampire they’d instantly gain all the power, sex ,and wealth they could ever want. It wasn’t until after the change that they began to realize that being undead wasn’t the fun time often depicted. That wealth, sex and popularity might come, but only if they survived the horrendous first few years when a vampire was all instinct and blood need. And of course, if they did survive, they then learned that endless loneliness--never feeling the full warmth of the sun again, never being able to savor the taste of food, and being feared or ostracized by a good percentage of the population--was also part of the equation.

Yeah, there were laws in place to stop discrimination against vampires and other nonhumans, but the laws were only a recent development. And while there might now be vampire groupies, they were also a recent phenomenon and only a small portion of the population. Hatred and fear of vamps had been around for centuries, and I had no doubt it would take centuries for it to abate. If it ever did.
And the bloody rampages of vamps like the one ahead weren’t helping any.

A total of twelve people had disappeared over the last month, and we were pretty sure this vamp was responsible for nine of them. But there were enough differences in method of killing between this vamp’s nine and the remaining three to suggest we had a second psycho on the loose. For a start, nine had met their death as a result of a vamp feeding frenzy. The other three had been meticulously sliced open neck to knee with a knife and their innards carefully removed--not something the newly turned were generally capable of. When presented with the opportunity for a feed, they fed. There was nothing neat or meticulous about it.

Then there were the multiple, barely healed scars marring the backs of the three anomalous women, the missing pinky on their left hands, and the odd, almost satisfied smiles that seemed frozen on their dead lips. Women who were the victims of a vamp’s frenzy didn’t die with that sort of smile, as the souls of the dead nine could probably attest if they were still hanging about.

And I seriously hoped that they weren’t. I’d seen more than enough souls rising in recent times--I certainly didn’t want to make a habit of it.

But dealing with two psychos on top of coping with the usual guardian patrols had the Directorate stretched to the limit, and that meant everyone had been pulling extra shifts. Which explained why Rhoan and I were out hunting rogue suckers on this bitch of a night after working all day trying to find some leads on what Jack--our boss, and the vamp who ran the whole guardian division at the Directorate of Other Races--charmingly called The Cleaver.

I yawned and leaned a shoulder against the concrete wall lining one side of the small alleyway I was hiding in. The wall, which was part of the massive factory complex that dominated a good part of the old West Footscray area, protected me from the worst of the wind, but it didn’t do a whole lot against the goddamn rain.

If the vamp felt any discomfort about standing in a pothole in the middle of a storm-drenched night, he certainly wasn’t showing it. But then, the dead rarely cared about such things.
I might have vampire blood running through my veins, but I wasn’t dead and I hated it.

Winter in Melbourne was never a joy, but this year we’d had so much rain I was beginning to forget what sunshine looked like. Most wolves were immune to the cold, but I was a half-breed and obviously lacked that particular gene. My feet were icy and I was beginning to lose feeling in several toes. And this despite the fact I was wearing two pairs of thick woolen socks underneath my rubber-heeled shoes. Which were not waterproof, no matter what the makers claimed.

I should have worn stilettos. My feet would have been no worse off, and I would have felt more at home. And hey, if he happened to spot me, I could have pretended to be nothing more than a bedraggled, desperate hooker. But Jack kept insisting that high heels and my job just didn’t go together.

Personally, I think he was a little afraid of my shoes. Not so much because of the color--which, admittedly, was often outrageous--but because of the nifty wooden heels. Wood and vamps were never an easy mix.

I flicked up the collar of my leather jacket and tried to ignore the fat drops of water dribbling down my spine. What I really needed--more than decent looking shoes--was a hot bath, a seriously large cup of coffee, and a thick steak sandwich. Preferably with onions and ketchup. God, my mouth was salivating just thinking about it. Of course, given we were in the middle of this ghost town of factories, none of those things were likely to appear in my immediate future.

I thrust wet hair out of my eyes, and wished, for the umpteenth time, that he would just get on with it. Whatever it was.

Following him might be part of my job as a guardian, but that didn’t mean I had to be happy about it. I’d never had much choice about joining the guardian ranks, thanks to the experimental drugs several lunatics had forced into my system, and the psychic talents that were developing as a result. It was either stay with the Directorate as a guardian, so my growing abilities could be monitored and harnessed, or be shipped off to the military with the other unfortunates who had received similar doses of ARC1-23. I might not have wanted to be a guardian, but I sure as hell didn’t want to be sent to the military. Give me the devil I know any day.

I shifted weight from one foot to the other again. What was this piece of dead meat waiting for? He couldn’t have sensed me--I was far enough away that he wouldn’t hear the beat of my heart or the rush of blood through my veins. He hadn’t looked over his shoulder, so he couldn’t have spotted me with the infrared of his vampire vision, and bloodsuckers generally didn’t have a very keen olfactory sense.

So why stand in a puddle in the middle of this abandoned factory complex looking like a little lost soul?

Part of me itched to shoot the bastard and just get the whole ordeal over with. But we needed to follow this baby vamp home to discover if he had any nasty surprises hidden in his nest. Like other victims, or perhaps even his maker.

Because it was unusual for one of the newly turned to survive nine rogue kills without getting himself caught or killed. Not without help, anyway.

The vampire suddenly stepped out of the puddle and began walking down the slight incline, his bare feet slapping noisily against the broken road. The shadows and the night hovered all around him, but he didn’t bother cloaking his form. Given the whiteness of his hairy legs and the brightness of his yellow raincoat, that was strange. Though we were in the middle of nowhere. Maybe he figured he was safe.

I stepped out of the alleyway. The wind hit full force, pushing me sideways for several steps before I regained my balance. I padded across the road and stopped in the shadows again. The rain beat a tattoo against my back and the water seeping through my coat became a river, making me feel colder than I’d ever dreamed possible. Forget the coffee and the sandwich. What I wanted more than anything right now was to get warm.

I pressed the small com-link button that had been inserted into my ear lobe just over four months ago. It doubled as a two-way communicator and a tracker, and Jack had not only insisted that I keep it, but that all guardians were to have them from now on. He wanted to be able to find his people at all times, even when not on duty.

Which smacked of ‘big-brother’ syndrome to me, even if I could understand his reasoning. Guardians didn’t grow on trees. Finding vamps with just the right mix of killing instinct and moral sensibilities was difficult, which was why guardian numbers at the Directorate still hadn’t fully recovered from the eleven we’d lost ten months ago.

One of those eleven had been a friend of mine, and on my worst nights, I still dreamed of her death--even though the only thing I’d ever witnessed was the bloody patch of sand that had contained her DNA. Like most of the other guardians who had gone missing, her remains had never been found.

Of course, the tracking measures had not only come too late for those eleven, but for one other--Gautier. Not that he was dead, however much I might wish otherwise. Four months ago he’d been the Directorate’s top guardian. Now he was rogue and on top of the Directorate’s hit list. So far he’d escaped every search, every trap. Meaning he was still out there, waiting and watching and plotting his revenge.

On me.

Goose bumps traveled down my spine and, just for a second, I’d swear his dead scent teased my nostrils. Whether it was real or just imagination I couldn’t say, because the gusting wind snatched it away.

Even it wasn’t real, it was reminder that I had to be extra careful. Gautier had never really functioned on the same sane field as the rest of us. Worse still, he liked playing with his prey. Liked watching the pain and fear grow before he killed.

He might now consider me his mouse but he’d yet to try any of his games on me. But something told me that all that would change tonight.

I grimaced and did my best to ignore the insight. Clairvoyance might have been okay if it had come in a truly useable form--like clear glimpses of future scenes and happenings--but no, that was apparently asking too much of fate. Instead, I just got these weird feelings of upcoming doom that were frustratingly vague on any sort of concrete detail. And training something like that was nigh on impossible--not that that stopped Jack from getting his people to at least try.

Whether the elusiveness would change as the talent became more settled was anyone’s guess. Personally, I just wished it would go back to being latent. I knew Gautier was out there, somewhere. Knew he was coming after me. I didn’t need some half-assed talent sending me spooky little half-warnings every other day.

Still, even though I knew Gautier probably wasn’t out here tonight, I couldn’t help looking around and checking all the shadows as I said, “Brother dearest, I hate this fucking job.”

Rhoan’s soft laughter ran into my ear. Just hearing it made me feel better. Safer. “Nights like this are a bitch, aren’t they?”

“Understatement of the year.” I quickly peeked around the corner and saw the vampire turning left. I padded after him, keeping to the wall and well away from the puddles. Though given the state of my feet, it really wouldn’t have mattered. “And I feel obligated to point out that I didn’t sign up for night work.”

Rhoan chuckled softly. “And I feel obliged to point out that you weren’t actually signed up, but forcibly drafted. Therefore, you can bitch all you want but it isn’t going to make a damned bit of difference.”

Wasn’t that the truth. “Where are you?”

“West side, near the old biscuit factory.”

Which was practically opposite my position. Between the two of us, we had him penned. Hopefully that meant we wouldn’t lose him.

I stopped as I neared the corner and carefully peered around. The wind slapped against my face, and the rain on my skin seemed to turn to ice. The vamp had stopped near the far end of the building and was looking around. I ducked back as he looked my way, barely daring to breathe even though common sense suggested there was no way he could have seen me. Not only did I have vampire genes, but I had many of their skills, as well. Like the ability to cloak under the shadow of night, the infrared vision, and their faster-than-a-blink speed.

The creak of a door sounded. I risked another look. A metal door stood ajar and the vamp was nowhere in sight.

An invitation or a trap?

DavidsGirl841444
April 4th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Whoa story was amazing had me up and down yelling at the characters for stupidity and for fear. Never knowing where this all was heading. And suprises at every twist I mean Quinn don't go. Yes bad him but forgive and forget right? Oh well thats my opinion. I mean she shouldn't settle anything during anger a good vacation is what the doctor ordered.

WAY TO GO KERI ARTHUR!!! Another best seller if I ever read one. Can't wait to eat up the next one.

Illyria
June 2nd, 2007, 12:24 PM
Love this like all the other ones.. but only complaint i have is that Quinn left. :swoon:

Come back, Quinn. :hellobaby:

Karenne
June 2nd, 2007, 01:40 PM
Yeah after this book...I wanted to know more about Quinn also!

I loved how the book started..just plopped you right in and the action kept going and going. It was hard to put the book down...even to go to sleep!:notworthy:

Illyria
June 3rd, 2007, 02:10 PM
Yeah after this book...I wanted to know more about Quinn also!

I loved how the book started..just plopped you right in and the action kept going and going. It was hard to put the book down...even to go to sleep!:notworthy:

Yeah it was very hard to put the book down. But was sad once I was done because now I have to wait some more months till book five is released. :swoon:

DavidsGirl841444
June 6th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Amen to that the waiting is what kills me.

christinac
June 11th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I know! Waiting to here about Quinn is killing me but this book was amazing! I read the part at the end of the book about Embraced by Darkness and omg i can't wait for it to come out.:)

Dani
June 13th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I really wish that we could know more about Quinn because he's so complex and mysterious. I hope that in book 6 there will be a better opportunity for him to open up to Riley (and us) more about himself. If he hadn't of been so complicated and opened up to (not to mention trust and quit trying to control) her in the first place maybe Riley wouldn't have told him it was over. On the other hand we wouldn't have a great story line if that were to have happened.

Karenne
June 13th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Well, I don't know. Keri packs a lot of punch in her books. great story line, good character development, and still leave you wanting for more.

I bet she could do it. I am sure she is going to....later on..:winkiss:

DavidsGirl841444
June 13th, 2007, 07:08 PM
I really wish that we could know more about Quinn because he's so complex and mysterious. I hope that in book 6 there will be a better opportunity for him to open up to Riley (and us) more about himself. If he hadn't of been so complicated and opened up to (not to mention trust and quit trying to control) her in the first place maybe Riley wouldn't have told him it was over. On the other hand we wouldn't have a great story line if that were to have happened.

Irishwolf you and I are on the same wavelength. I mean we should know more about our favorite vamp. Yes story lines are perfect.

Illyria
June 14th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Irishwolf you and I are on the same wavelength. I mean we should know more about our favorite vamp. Yes story lines are perfect.

Ditto! I for one can't wait to find out more on our favorite Vampire. :lol:

christinac
June 14th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Ditto! I for one can't wait to find out more on our favorite Vampire. :lol:

I would love to know more about Quinn!
But I think Keri has something big lined up for all of us!!!:)

Karenne
June 14th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Me too! I think she is trying to give us a steady but incomplete diet of each of the men (beats head on desk)

But we did learn a alot about Quinn and why he became a vampire. That was interesting!:cowboy:

christinac
June 14th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Me too! I think she is trying to give us a steady but incomplete diet of each of the men (beats head on desk)

But we did learn a alot about Quinn and why he became a vampire. That was interesting!:cowboy:

Oh yeah.

(here's a aspirin for your headache)

Dani
June 14th, 2007, 08:09 PM

Yeah, we did, but it's still not enough though. :mumbles: I still want more though and not just about Quinn either (did I just say that...slap me please...LOL) because Kade's another mystery (and another hottie I might add!). All we know about him is that he's military. *sighs*

Keri, you sure do know how to keep us guessing! Rock on!:punk:

christinac
June 15th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Yeah, we did, but it's still not enough though. :mumbles: I still want more though and not just about Quinn either (did I just say that...slap me please...LOL) because Kade's another mystery (and another hottie I might add!). All we know about him is that he's military. *sighs*

Keri, you sure do know how to keep us guessing! Rock on!:punk:

Yeah! Quinn's got a big place in my heart, :tt1:
But I would love to know about Kade! :tt2:

Illyria
June 15th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Its funny how we get distracted by all these other sexy men, Keri teases us with, :lol:

She just lures us in with all these sexy men and of course our favorite vampire, Quinn and we are hooked, :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
June 15th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Its funny how we get distracted by all these other sexy men, Keri teases us with, :lol:

She just lures us in with all these sexy men and of course our favorite vampire, Quinn and we are hooked, :lol:

Well not really minding being distracted by all the sexy men I mean they are hot. So Keri distract away. Of course fav is Quinn, and Kade is a mystery but he seems more playful kind of guy.:)

christinac
June 15th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Well not really minding being distracted by all the sexy men I mean they are hot. So Keri distract away. Of course fav is Quinn, and Kade is a mystery but he seems more playful kind of guy.:)

Oh yes, Keri tease away I love to make of fantasies!
*Big grin and take a big gulp of coffee*

Dani
June 16th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Oh yes, Keri tease away I love to make of fantasies!
*Big grin and take a big gulp of coffee*
You and me both girlie!

*Looks at Keri* Bring on all the hot men!!! We're ready!

DavidsGirl841444
June 17th, 2007, 09:22 AM
More then ready!!!

christinac
June 18th, 2007, 07:51 AM
I read Keri's blog and she said she just wrote the scene where Quinn came back!!!:balloon:
I think I am floating away.

DavidsGirl841444
June 18th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Don't float to far you might just float away and not come back for the nest book.

christinac
June 18th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Don't float to far you might just float away and not come back for the nest book.

Oh I'll be here don't you worry! :)
How about ya'll how are ya'll holding up?
:teacher:

Dani
June 19th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Oh I'll be here don't you worry! :)
How about ya'll how are ya'll holding up?
Just barely holding up here, but trying real hard! I can't wait much longer.:support: I need coffee...lots and lots of coffee.

christinac
June 19th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Just barely holding up here, but trying real hard! I can't wait much longer.:support: I need coffee...lots and lots of coffee.

(Running to the other side of the room, grabs coffee.
Comes back to IrishWolf, gives it to her)
Take a deep breath we are all here. We will give you all the
support you need, honey.
Deep breaths!

Illyria
June 19th, 2007, 03:58 PM
YAY, KERI!!! :notworthy:

Karenne
June 19th, 2007, 04:02 PM
oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I am heading to the blog now!

DavidsGirl841444
June 19th, 2007, 07:13 PM
I see we are all on pins waiting huh? Cool I love you guys. Your all the best.

redruby
June 19th, 2007, 07:31 PM
i haven't read dangerous games yet but omigod if quinn is not in it it would be a disappointment, but hey this is about riley not him. can't wait to read the next book. kind of mad right now. it seems as if i am crazy in love with quinn and he's not even real.

Dani
June 20th, 2007, 12:30 AM
(Running to the other side of the room, grabs coffee.
Comes back to IrishWolf, gives it to her)
Take a deep breath we are all here. We will give you all the
support you need, honey.
Deep breaths!
Thanks for the coffee and the support. I think we all need it! :lol:

I see we are all on pins waiting huh? Cool I love you guys. Your all the best.
Oh yeah. Who isn't on pins and needles? We love you too cause you understand us and our need for Quinn (just like your need...:lol: ).

i haven't read dangerous games yet but omigod if quinn is not in it it would be a disappointment, but hey this is about riley not him. can't wait to read the next book. kind of mad right now. it seems as if i am crazy in love with quinn and he's not even real.
Read it soon, Redruby. It's awsome and Quinn is in it. It's book 5 that he's not in. Book 5 belongs to Kellen. Quinn will be back in book 6 though! Don't be mad. We're all crazy in love with Quinn! Or have you not noticed? :roflmao:

Karenne
June 20th, 2007, 12:39 AM
snort...or we are all just crazy!:whistling:

DavidsGirl841444
June 20th, 2007, 01:59 PM
*Nodding head in agreement with Karenne all crazy, ....for Quinn.*
RedRuby, Irishwolf is right You'll like the book, well love it.

Dani
June 20th, 2007, 05:53 PM
snort...or we are all just crazy!:whistling:
You're so bad! We know we're crazy, but we're trying to get her to stay not run away! :roflmao:

Karenne
June 21st, 2007, 12:23 AM
oh oh..you are right (thinks the mantra to myself 'reel them in. Then show your true colors')

Dani
June 21st, 2007, 06:07 PM
'reel them in. Then show your true colors'? Very interesting Karenne! Now we sound psyhcotic!:lol: Oh well. *sings 'They're coming to take me away ha ha, they're coming to take me away ho ho, he he, ha ha, to the funny farm where life is happy and they're coming to take me away ha ha!'*

BTW, I'm still laughing over the pineapple rings from the other thread! :roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
June 21st, 2007, 08:34 PM
I love ou Irishwof you are a unique individual you do know that right?
Yor great.

Dani
June 21st, 2007, 09:25 PM
I love ou Irishwof you are a unique individual you do know that right?
Yor great.
Thank you, I try! What can I say? I luvs you too! You just keep em coming and I'll do the same. We are all unique and that's what makes us, well us. Besides, you do know that this is my stress reliever right? I get so much enjoyment from this forum and I can laugh my tail off too!

christinac
June 22nd, 2007, 08:17 AM
Thank you, I try! What can I say? I luvs you too! You just keep em coming and I'll do the same. We are all unique and that's what makes us, well us. Besides, you do know that this is my stress reliever right? I get so much enjoyment from this forum and I can laugh my tail off too!

I'm glad we can do that for you IrishWolf
:lol:

DavidsGirl841444
June 22nd, 2007, 08:21 AM
We can all laugh are tail off. If we had some but that would be fun to have a tail. Cool.

christinac
June 22nd, 2007, 08:24 AM
We can all laugh are tail off. If we had some but that would be fun to have a tail. Cool.

:lol:You are good DavidsGirl841444

Dani
June 22nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
Yeah, it would be fun to have a tail. Now, if you really want a tail just go to a costume shop and buy one. It's really that simple and can be used in all sorts of fantasies...LOL :wideeyed: Oh, did I just say that...LMAO!

Illyria
June 22nd, 2007, 10:43 PM
OMG!! :lol:

Karenne
June 23rd, 2007, 01:54 AM
:roflmao: I just spit out my coffee !

Dani
June 23rd, 2007, 02:13 AM
I’m glad I could elicit that kind of response to my answer, but just to let you know I have never done that...yet! :whistling: I just used my imagination and what a friend of mine told me once, that’s all. I’m innocent though it doesn’t seem like it. :roflmao: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Illyria
June 23rd, 2007, 10:57 AM
that's it. no more drinking coffee or anything else for that matter while visiting and reading posts here :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
June 23rd, 2007, 10:59 AM
Right on Illyria. And Irishwolf whoa never thought of that good idea. HEHEHEHE!

Illyria
June 23rd, 2007, 01:06 PM
:roflmao: yeah, i have to be more careful from now.

Dani
June 23rd, 2007, 01:27 PM
Illyria, at least you didn't spit your coffee out like Karenne did. :lol: Now that had to be a mess. I'll do my best not to put such shocking things on the threads so you guys won't spill (or spit out...hahahaha) your coffee.

Illyria
June 23rd, 2007, 01:53 PM
:lol: okay, but you never know what this board, lol

Karenne
June 23rd, 2007, 05:16 PM
Hey!!! What is this..pick on Karenne day? Sheesh..I am not feelin the lub here!

Illyria
June 23rd, 2007, 05:59 PM
aww!! we still :notworthy: and :wub: Karenne!!

Dani
June 23rd, 2007, 06:50 PM
Hey!!! What is this..pick on Karenne day? Sheesh..I am not feelin the lub here!
Awwwwwwwwwww...I still luvs you Karenne! But spitting out your coffee from reading my post, well that just won't do (I'm quite honored that you liked it so much to do so)...LMAO! At least I make everyone laugh.

You do realize that you're the almighty one here...Don't ya? :notworthy: We bow down to your greatness. :notworthy:

Karenne
June 23rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
snicker...I am still NOT sharing my book!

But now I feel better!:yes:

Illyria
June 23rd, 2007, 09:54 PM
:lol: Crazy Karenne! thinking we are after your book :swoon: but we still :wub: ya!

Dani
June 23rd, 2007, 11:19 PM
snicker...I am still NOT sharing my book!

But now I feel better!:yes:
Oh, pluheese! Like I really want your book. You said no once and that was cool. I wasn't suckin up to ya for that or anything else. :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
June 24th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Of course not she says as she distracts you and make off witht the book.
Hehehehehehe. Kidding, so kidding. Irishwolf would never do that. We really are fine with waiting.

Dani
June 24th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Yep, Davidsgirl, you're right. That's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth! I never mind waiting.

DavidsGirl841444
June 25th, 2007, 10:27 PM
You know I never saw that movie where the lline comes from.

Dani
June 25th, 2007, 10:48 PM
I think it's been used in movies before, but it's mainly used in the court room. It's an oath you take before you testify. They ask you, 'Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, so help you God?', that's where I got it from. Or at least that's what I've always thought.

DavidsGirl841444
June 25th, 2007, 10:50 PM
I always thought it came from the movie A Few Good Men: You know with tom cruise and Jack nicholson

Dani
June 25th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Let's just think about the statment you made for a moment. A Few Good Men was mainly about a military court case. Like I said it was used in the court room, so you probably did hear it in the movie. :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
June 26th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Right as always Irish wolfmy bad.

Dani
June 26th, 2007, 02:22 PM
:tt2: I'm not always right, but I know that movie well!

DavidsGirl841444
June 26th, 2007, 07:03 PM
you do watch it alot?

Dani
June 26th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I watch it every so often. I haven't watched it in a year or two now, but most of the court room scenes stick out in my head. Like Jack saying something along the lines of, "The truth? You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" That was when I liked Tom Cruise...Before he went "nuts." LOL I still like his older movies and a few of his newer ones, but not many. Legend is my favorite movie that he was in!

DavidsGirl841444
June 26th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Oh my you like legen I loved that movie I mean he was so cute as the young guy and Tim curry kicked butt as the Devil I mean I liked her outfit when she went evil nice and tight.

Dani
June 26th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Yep, It's one of my favorite movies. I loved Tim Curry in that movie. He rocked! Mia Sara played a good part too and I did like her dress. It was very low cut and beautiful, but I'd always wondered what it would look like if she had more in the breast department (not trying to be perverted, but she was very flat chested) and that dress could look a lot sexier with more bust in it.

DavidsGirl841444
June 26th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Oh I thought I was the only one that thought she could use more breast, well me and my brother. But yeah!

Karenne
June 27th, 2007, 12:33 AM
I am sticking with the fact that we are super fun group. I feel sorry for all of the people out there that haven't found us!:cowboy:

Dani
June 27th, 2007, 10:53 AM
I agree Karenne! Yes, it's sad that no one else has found us yet. Maybe soon we'll see an increase in numbers. Sorry that we got off on a tangent with other movies and books. We really need to get back to the books and to start that I have a question.

What did you think of Jin? Did you think he was hot, weird or what?

I thought he sounded hot. I had doubts about him being totally human for the way he fought those vamps and stayed on his feet. He was just a little too kinky on a first date for my taste too, but when you're in Riley's world I guess that's not an issue.

DavidsGirl841444
June 27th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Of course most guys in the Riley universe are hot,hotter then normal men. Yes and most she meets arn't at all human so why should he be any diferent right. Even in Riley
s world I mean there have to be limits to something maybe not everything but something. And yeah he was a bit eccentric as I say.

DavidsGirl841444
June 27th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah sorry going off topic Karenne.

christinac
June 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I agree Karenne! Yes, it's sad that no one else has found us yet. Maybe soon we'll see an increase in numbers. Sorry that we got off on a tangent with other movies and books. We really need to get back to the books and to start that I have a question.

What did you think of Jin? Did you think he was hot, weird or what?

I thought he sounded hot. I had doubts about him being totally human for the way he fought those vamps and stayed on his feet. He was just a little too kinky on a first date for my taste too, but when you're in Riley's world I guess that's not an issue.

Yeah I thought he was hot but kind of wierd!

DavidsGirl841444
June 27th, 2007, 09:24 PM
yeah not only ones.

Karenne
June 28th, 2007, 06:18 AM
snort...I was soooo NOT saying anything about getting off topic. I just get these little sappy moments and I feel like sharing!:turned:

PS..Jin..hot but I don't know...he is evil ...you wait and see..that is my guess

DavidsGirl841444
June 28th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Is your guess like very intuitive.

Karenne
June 28th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Just a feeling...I could be wrong...but he just either seems to perfect to be true...or he is up to something and is trying to hard.

Make sense? :confused:

DavidsGirl841444
June 28th, 2007, 06:49 AM
total either he really is a great guy or the act is hiding another agenda

Dani
June 28th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Are we talking about the same Jin here? The one that got what was coming to him?

Karenne
June 28th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Yep!:swoon:

Dani
June 28th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Okay, it was just the way you said it that made me wonder because we all know what happened to him in the end. But I guess for those that haven't read the book we might as well not talk about it yet should we?

christinac
June 29th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Okay, it was just the way you said it that made me wonder because we all know what happened to him in the end. But I guess for those that haven't read the book we might as well not talk about it yet should we?

Yeah I guess not!
It'll be ok though!

DavidsGirl841444
June 29th, 2007, 11:01 AM
No! Ohhhhh my mind went black back there sorry about that. Late at ngith it goes totally in the clouds before I get to sleeping.

Dani
June 29th, 2007, 05:36 PM
It's cool Davidsgirl! We all do that sometimes. I know I do when I'm over tired.

DavidsGirl841444
July 1st, 2007, 10:54 AM
Honey thats me all the time but I am lazy I admit myself which is a bad thing.

Dani
July 1st, 2007, 12:16 PM
You and me both sweetie! I think there are other people out there too that are lazy, but don't want to admit it to themselves or anyone else. :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
July 1st, 2007, 05:26 PM
So True And All

christinac
July 2nd, 2007, 08:32 AM
So True And All

Yep, I admit I'm lazy most of the time.
:tt2:

DavidsGirl841444
July 2nd, 2007, 10:08 PM
Whoa we are a bunch of lazy butts well not all the time but some times which is good sometimes. Having fun and messing around with our books and with each other on these threads.

Dani
July 3rd, 2007, 10:22 PM
You bet. Sometimes you have to be lazy or everything just gets dull.

DavidsGirl841444
July 5th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Yes enjoy the lazyness that life gives you, when you do nothing at all. I bet even Riley and Quinn relax and do nothing sometimes, well the book would state other wise but still.

Dani
July 5th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Yep, so true. So true.

Karenne
July 5th, 2007, 08:51 PM
(pops in panting) Okay I am here...I am so hot!!!! Great news, it is now down to 105 ...WOOHOO

:swoon:

Dani
July 6th, 2007, 02:50 PM
:wideeyed: OMG! And I thought it was hot here in FL with the humidity, but still. 105...I'd be :sweatdrop: my bum off. Are you out in Arizona, Texas, Nevada or what (those are the only places that I know get that hot)? Sounds like you need the rain that we're getting lately (finally) to cool things off.

DavidsGirl841444
July 6th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Yeah getting a bit tired of the rain down here. But at lesat it helps wth drought they say it is. But oh well.

Karenne
July 6th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Actually...scary enough...I am in Northern California. No Lie!

This is really weird weather....I am thinking of buying umbrellas for my tomato plants (looks out the window)

I actually had to bring in the bunny rabbit because it was too hot for her. Poor bunny!

But it is better today..only 98!:GEEK:

Dani
July 6th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Wow! That's weird. I'd peg Southern CA to get hot like that, but not Northern CA. We've had days that have gotten hot, but not in the 100's that I know of. It's been in the high 90's here most days, so we can't put our bunny out. It's still little (only been away from its mommy for about 3 weeks) and the heat would kill it. We have to get a bigger pen to put it in so it can stay at the house (Yes, we pamper our pets).

Karenne
July 7th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Trust me..it is weird. VERY weird for my area.

And I understand what you mean about pampering our pets. Our bunny (my daughters) has 3 cages. One for Spring/summer, one for winter, and one for emergency travel and in door days. Silly bunny.:GEEK:

DavidsGirl841444
July 7th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I never had a bunny I had ferrets they were cool. But smelly. I would have perferred a bunny very cuter.

Dani
July 7th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I love ferrets. We owned one for about 2 weeks, but my son wanted to "hug" it too much and it was a baby, so we took it back to the place we got it from. I have to agree though, they are very smelly. I prefer my cats, our dog and the bunny, they don't smell.

Now look, here we go getting off topic again. Oh well, it's what we do best so far. :lol:

Karenne
July 8th, 2007, 06:34 PM
ewwww ferrets...I think they move like a snake..they freak me out.

PS..they do smell

But I love you anyway:flowers:

DavidsGirl841444
July 8th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Oh well to each there own and yeah well snakes freak me out so yeah.

Dani
July 8th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Okay, so I'm the freak here. I like snakes. They don't bother me, but that's because I've grown up around them all my life. My cousins used to have them and we used to catch the ones around our house. I know...EWWW!

christinac
July 9th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Okay, so I'm the freak here. I like snakes. They don't bother me, but that's because I've grown up around them all my life. My cousins used to have them and we used to catch the ones around our house. I know...EWWW!

Don't worry you're not the only one that likes snakes. They don't bother me either it's spiders that I can't stand! (eww, scary) I run in a heart beat if I think one's on me.

DavidsGirl841444
July 9th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Spiders are freaky kind of thing with to many legs. And all the eyes.

Karenne
July 9th, 2007, 12:15 PM
But I still love you Dani!

Hey..there is probably something about me that would freak you out. That is why it is great to be an individual! :turned:

Dani
July 9th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Don't worry you're not the only one that likes snakes. They don't bother me either it's spiders that I can't stand! (eww, scary) I run in a heart beat if I think one's on me.
Oh, I hate spiders...EWWWWWWWWW! I can handle them if they are under the size of a nickel, but they're still ewwwww. I can't stand roaches either! *shivers* EWWWWWWWW! EWWWWWWW! Yuck!

But I still love you Dani!
Awwwww, I feel special now. I love you too!

christinac
July 10th, 2007, 07:49 AM
You guys are the best!
:notworthy: :notworthy:
I enjoy spending time here!
It's like being in a whole other world!
:tt2:

DavidsGirl841444
July 10th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Ahh a group love session how quaint, and cute,what a hoot.

christinac
July 11th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Ahh a group love session how quaint, and cute,what a hoot.

Yep, we all need to fell the love sometime.

DavidsGirl841444
July 12th, 2007, 12:01 PM
In Keri's book you need it more often then not all the time if your a wolf and that would be some good loving.

Karenne
July 12th, 2007, 12:05 PM
then we must all be wolves at heart because we are in need (and get here) good luvin':devil:

Dani
July 13th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Yep, and right now I'm on the hunt for some good lovin'. Just need the right man. Oh, Quinn darling... :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
July 15th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Please believe me I have a guy but even I need more luvin then he gives me sometimes. If I was like the books I would too. I need a few good men hehehe. Kidding I love him but wouldn't mind having wld crazy luvin like in there though.

Dani
July 16th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Don't we all sometimes! I feel ya girlie.

christinac
July 17th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Don't we all sometimes! I feel ya girlie.

Amen, sisters!!

Illyria
July 17th, 2007, 07:44 AM
DITTO!!

phoenyxstarr
July 17th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Mmmm, I have to say, there are days when I could go for some wild & crazy luvins too. Then there are days like today & I am content to go without touch all day, except for the kiddos.

Dani
July 17th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Very true Phoenyxstarr. I get that way sometimes, but since it's been forever I need a lot at the moment. Hehehehe!

DavidsGirl841444
July 18th, 2007, 12:45 PM
A girkl who knows what she wants thats who I want to be more like. You and Riley.

Dani
July 18th, 2007, 05:30 PM
You wanna be like me? Wow, I'm honored. I have never felt so loved. :wub:

DavidsGirl841444
July 18th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Always be loved here girly.

Karenne
July 19th, 2007, 11:34 PM
We allllllllllll want to be like you Dani! :shuriken:

Dani
July 20th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Are you sure honey?? :roflmao:

mskendra
July 20th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Can you imagine if our guys were like the men we read about *swoon*. Think we'd still read? *giggle giggle SNORT*

Ohhhhh *lightbulb moment* that's why the call it fiction.

Ps how do I get the smiley's to work on quick reply.. they would be perfect for this post LOL

Dani
July 20th, 2007, 01:00 AM
:roflmao: That was great Kendra. I think we have a new resident smart a** :smartass: in the house.

If you click on post reply in the left hand corner you can post a reply and get the smilies to work. :biggrin:

mskendra
July 20th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Thank you! Now I have some new toys to play with. :lol:
I love these things.. :taz: Taz is my favorite.

:smartass: I like being one of those!

DavidsGirl841444
July 20th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Aww you cute mskendra I love the taz by the way.

Dani
July 20th, 2007, 12:54 PM
You're welcome! I love :taz: too! He's always been my fave Looney Toon! I also think that the real Tazzy Devils are cute as buttons, but kind of scary (with the way they could tear you up) and not to mention loud. :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
July 20th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I thought tazzy's are extinct. And yeah they are scary. Well cartoons are cute but I like tweety and bugs. myself. If I had guys like the ones in the books I don't think I would read as much becasue I would be out there doing what was on them.

mskendra
July 20th, 2007, 07:46 PM
"doing what was on them" :roflmao:

That's perfect!

DavidsGirl841444
July 20th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Come on girly girl you know you would too, so would Illyria, Irishwolf, even our dear karenne

Dani
July 22nd, 2007, 12:14 AM
:whoohoo: No doubt there baby girl, no doubt at all! I'd be right there with ya all the way. :roflmao:

Karenne
July 22nd, 2007, 01:46 AM
Come on girly girl you know you would too, so would Illyria, Irishwolf, even our dear karenne

I admit nothing:whistling:

Dani
July 22nd, 2007, 01:48 AM
Uh huh, sure you do Karenne. You know dang good and well that you would, so you might as well admit it. :roflmao:

Karenne
July 22nd, 2007, 01:55 AM
No

Nope

Nada::)

Dani
July 22nd, 2007, 02:04 AM
CHICKEN!!! :roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
July 23rd, 2007, 10:12 AM
Quit teasing if she wants to be modest thats her. Don't worry Karenne your secret safe with us. Hehehehehehe!

Karenne
July 23rd, 2007, 11:43 AM
I am so feeling the luv here today...snort:tooth:

DavidsGirl841444
July 24th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I hope so cause we can have a group hug if need be.

mskendra
July 24th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Group hugs yep we got them.... but Puppie piles!!!

Yummy....I like those much better!! :lol:
Uh Oh... I did it again. In books I mean in books.

Dani
July 24th, 2007, 11:30 PM
You know I wubs you Karenne, but I gotta be annoying sometime. :lol:

Karenne
July 24th, 2007, 11:56 PM
I love it! And I wubs you too!:wub:

DavidsGirl841444
July 25th, 2007, 09:22 AM
What exacly is a puppy pile, cause I haven't a clue. And we all know your annoying wolfy but it's you.=P

Dani
July 25th, 2007, 07:01 PM
As only I could be!! *laughing sinisterly* Hahahahahaha!!!!! :devil: