PDA

View Full Version : Any Angie Fox fans out there?

Blind Mag
June 5th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I just finished Angie's second book, "The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers", and I just love her writing style. It's kind of like a combination of Katie Mcalister's pseudonym Katie Maxwell's (Eyeliner of the Gods) style with Buffy the Vampire slayer, (combining Buffy and Willow, of course).
I suggest it for everyone's "To Read" list, and also would love to hear any suggestions, of similar authors, (my own "To Read" list is depleting :tear:).
The first book is about a preschool teacher with a serious case of icy undies, Lizzie Brown. She reunites with her biological grandmother, who is a biker witch that reminds me so much of Anne Ramsey it's scary. While readying herself for her birthday party her grandmother locks her in the bathroom as a low-level demon pops up on her toilet, and she begins her transition into a demon slayer.
The second takes place almost immediately after the first, where Lizzied, deciding she's not content with her demon slayer training, or lack thereof, starts to write the manual on demon slaying, for the future slayers. Meanwhile, a nasty succubus, seduces her fairy god father, starts to snack on her man, and tries to raise hell in Sin City.

Dani
June 6th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I love this author! I got to meet her at RT when it was in Orlando at the end of April. I'm just getting to read the second book now though. I've had so many good books on my TBR list it's not even funny. I have a feeling that I'll be finished with it in a day or two (unless I get interrupted... Which will most likely happen).

I know that I mentioned Keri Arthur's books at Sherrilyn's signing, but have you ever read MaryJanice Davidson's books. Her Undead series is hilarious and her Fred the Mermaid trilogy is as well (for being a mermaid, Fred's not vary sweet, she's down right ornery). If you like snarky, you should like these. Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Novels are awesome. It's about a telepathic barmaid named Sookie that can't keep everyone's thoughts out of her head. She meets a vampire and can't hear anything from him and the stories take off from there. There are werewolves, other kinds of weres and a whole lot more in the stories. The books are written from Sookie's POV, so you know what she knows. The show on HBO called True Blood is loosely based on her books (and I say loosely because they've taken the basics of the books and tweaked it a lot).

CharmedGirl
June 6th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I haven't read her books. But if Dani says she a good author then I'll definitely read them.

Dani
June 6th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I haven't read her books. But if Dani says she a good author then I'll definitely read them.
They're right up your alley Bec! Let's put it this way, talking dog, biker witch grandma and a griffon shifter protecter! What more do you need?

CharmedGirl
June 6th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I like books about witches and shifters. I'll have to go to Borders and see if I can get my hands on one of Angie's books.

Dani
June 6th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Like Ricky said, The Accidental Demon Slayer is first, so make sure to get that one. The cover's red with a woman in black standing with a sword in her hand and a cute Jack Russell in the bottom corner.

CharmedGirl
June 7th, 2009, 05:08 AM
I went to Borders today and they didn't have any of Angie Fox's books on the shelf. The staff said they could order it in but I said No. I'll probably just order them online.

Blind Mag
June 7th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I love this author! I got to meet her at RT when it was in Orlando at the end of April. I'm just getting to read the second book now though. I've had so many good books on my TBR list it's not even funny. I have a feeling that I'll be finished with it in a day or two (unless I get interrupted... Which will most likely happen).

I know that I mentioned Keri Arthur's books at Sherrilyn's signing, but have you ever read MaryJanice Davidson's books. Her Undead series is hilarious and her Fred the Mermaid trilogy is as well (for being a mermaid, Fred's not vary sweet, she's down right ornery). If you like snarky, you should like these. Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire Novels are awesome. It's about a telepathic barmaid named Sookie that can't keep everyone's thoughts out of her head. She meets a vampire and can't hear anything from him and the stories take off from there. There are werewolves, other kinds of weres and a whole lot more in the stories. The books are written from Sookie's POV, so you know what she knows. The show on HBO called True Blood is loosely based on her books (and I say loosely because they've taken the basics of the books and tweaked it a lot).

Thanks, I'm familiar with Harris, but I will definitely check out Arthur and Davidson. The mermaid story sounds hilarious.

Thankees,

Ricky

CharmedGirl
June 7th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Keri Arthur's books are awesome.