PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Secrets Chat with C. Fern Cook from 9:00 pm-10:00 pm - June 18, 2009

Karenne
June 18th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Keeping Secrets Chat with C. Fern Cook from 9:00 pm-10:00 pm!

cferncook
June 20th, 2009, 01:15 PM
It has occurred to me that I need to apologize to anyone who had taken the time to log on the chat for the 18th. I am not in charge of lot of things, especially a state trooper who is filling out a traffic report.
By the time I got home I was already a half hour late and didn't think anyone would have stuck around by then.
Again, please forgive me for your wasted time and have a great summer.
C. Fern Cook

cferncook
June 21st, 2009, 09:40 PM
some of the points I was going to discuss in chat were about how the main character was keeping his new life a secret, for instance:
We continue on our path of lies to cover up the last one.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas:contacts" /><st1:GivenName w:st="on">Dan</st1:GivenName> closes his eyes and clinches his teeth to keep from screaming. <?xml:namespace prefix = st2 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st2:PersonName w:st="on"><st1:title w:st="on">Dr.</st1:title> <st1:Sn w:st="on">Jackson</st1:Sn></st2:PersonName> dabs the remaining antiseptic with a sterile piece of gauze. “Did you catch the dog that did this?” <st1:GivenName w:st="on">Jessie</st1:GivenName> holds the wastebasket out for the doc to drop the spent gauze into.
“I killed it.” <st1:GivenName w:st="on">Dan</st1:GivenName> screams out from the sting of the antiseptic.
“Good.” <st2:PersonName w:st="on"><st1:title w:st="on">Dr.</st1:title> <st1:Sn w:st="on">Jackson</st1:Sn></st2:PersonName> waits for the antiseptic to dry a little before he lays on a clean piece of gauze on top of the wound. Opening a sterile packet of sutures, he continues, “Bring in the head of the animal so we can check it for rabies.”
“Can’t, I cremated the animal.” Lying to cover his tracks, <st1:GivenName w:st="on">Dan</st1:GivenName> knows he couldn’t bring in the head of a human without being arrested for murder. No one would believe his story.