PDA

View Full Version : The Witching Moon

Veronica Wilde
June 23rd, 2009, 12:05 AM
THE WITCHING MOON

is out at Liquid Silver Books (http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=linda018&cart_id=8417755.53428&product_name=The+Witching+Moon&return_page=&user-id=&password=&exchange=&exact_match=exact)!

http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com/images/homepage_img/pages/thewitchingmoon.jpg

Dessa Blackwell is a beautiful witch who can speak with the dead. Nick Hijuela is a hot young rock star who can’t keep the girls out of his dressing room. When she joins his tour as a makeup artist, the only thing they have in common is a fierce animal attraction... Or so they think.

Their sexual connection is mind-blowing. But past the fans and backstage parties, Nick is haunted by an ominous secret—and the very bitter ghost of a dead groupie who seems determined to separate them at any price. Dessa knows it’s risky to lose her heart to a man pursued by the most beautiful women in the world. But what she doesn’t know is that another witch is watching both of them ... and when Nick’s secret connection to her past is revealed, the danger for both of them is greater than she can imagine.

"an unbelievable story that will keep you guessing from page to page...."
5/Reviewer Top Pick by Night Owl Romance (http://www.nightowlromance.com/nightowlromance/reviews/Review.asp?ReviewId=3589)

Veronica Wilde
June 23rd, 2009, 12:07 AM
The concert was over. She could tell by the absence of music and the backstage surge of hanger-ons and groupies. But as she picked up her traincase, a roadie stuck his head in the room. “Nick needs makeup for an interview,” he said. “He wants you in his dressing room now.”
She swallowed. “Okay. Be right there.”
Cordelia giggled wildly. “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.”
“Just wait for me here,” she muttered. “And do not go anywhere with that pervert Billy, Cordelia, I mean it!” She lugged her traincase of makeup toward Nick’s dressing room.
She knocked on the door, heard no answer, and went in.
The dark dressing room was lit only by a row of blue bulbs over the mirror. At first it seemed to be empty. Then the roar of the water filled her ears and in the faint glow she saw him. He was standing in the open shower stall door, pushing his long wet hair out of his eyes. His stage eyeliner had smeared, giving him a savage look.
He was naked and wet and he was waiting for her.
In the blue-lit clouds of steam, Nick looked even sexier naked than he had on stage. His broad shoulders tapered down to snake-slim hips, rivulets of water winding down the sculpted skin of his chest to disappear in the dark curls beneath his belly. Between his sinewy thighs rose a thick, hard eight-inch cock that curved up against his taut stomach muscles.
He suggestively ran the palm of his hand down his stomach and stared at her with burning eyes.
Wordlessly she dropped her traincase and went to him. He pushed her against the shower wall, kissing her forcefully. As the water pulsated down on them both, his tongue slipped between her lips like a serpent, roaming the soft cavern of her mouth with fierce hunger. Too shocked to respond at first, she pulled his slippery body toward her with trembling hands.
She was breathless with shock, and almost dizzy with sexual need. It had been over a year since she’d had sex. Now here was the sexiest rock star she’d ever seen grinding his naked hips against her, his hands roaming wildly over her body. His cock pushed insistently against her belly, demanding attention. In some faraway part of her mind, she knew that her jeans and shirt were getting soaked and that he was pulling them off and tossing them across the dressing room to land in sodden piles. But she was overwhelmed by the dripping, naked splendor of Nick crushing his body against her.
The shower steam rose higher in the blue light, giving her the feeling of starring in an X-rated dream. As his stiff cock prodded her naked skin, she reached for the shower gel and squirted it in her hands. Then she reached for his long erection and began to soap up his cock, stroking his shaft and squeezing his head until he moaned in her ear.
“Stop or you’re going to make me come.” He stepped away from her administering hands and cupped her firm breasts together, bringing her stiff pink nipples to his mouth and kissing each before sucking them together so fiercely she cried out from the mix of pain and pleasure. As the pulsating water hit the curve of her spine, she was conscious only of his wet black hair against her breasts, cool and matted.
He slipped around behind her, still holding her tits. She felt something wet and heavy trickle onto her back; for a moment, she thought he had lost control. Then as he massaged it into her skin, she realized it was only the shower gel. He stroked the aquatic-scented gel up and down her back, rubbing her neck down to her spine. Then his hands slipped around to her front again, massaging the gel into her tits until her nipples ached against his hands...

Dani
June 23rd, 2009, 06:39 PM
Excellent and hot excerpt Veronica! And the book cover is great too.

CharmedGirl
June 23rd, 2009, 06:41 PM
Beautiful cover Veronica. They're the same couple that were on the front of Moira Rogers new book - Sanctuary Lost.

I love the excerpt as well.

Veronica Wilde
June 24th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks!

Yes, I was really pleased with the cover. I love the combination of moon and snow.