PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed

Timothy
June 25th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I am writting a fantasy novel currently. The whole thing is plotted to be 6 books long. It contains mages, and a whole storyline about take over, and what not. What are some things you guys love to read in these types of novels?

Dani
June 25th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I like most of the typical things that are written in fantasy books and they are mages, witches, wizards (basically anyone that wields magic), dragons and other mythical creatures, magical travel, quests and things like that. Of course it has to have a really good plot with twists and turns along the way.

Kim Smith
June 26th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Well said. I agree on all of that.

Angel Martinez
June 27th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Hi Kim! What I need in a fantasy novel is a really well-developed mythos. Does the writer know how their world and its magic works? Is there something unique and new about the whole system? I need strong, quirky characters and lots of complications.

Dayana Knight
June 27th, 2009, 03:45 PM
The things I believe are most important in Fantasy or Paranormal stories is believability and strong realistic worldbuilding.

Just my two cents:)

Shelley Munro
June 28th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I agree with what everyone else has said. I also like the plot to be different from what is already out there - not the same old, same old.

Shelley

Kim Smith
June 28th, 2009, 09:15 PM
And isnt it a hard thing to do! I mean, how new can you make mythology or fantasy?