PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to summer!!

ChristieSilvers
June 29th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Gosh, is it really the end of June already? How is everyone? I hope you're all having a wonderful summer.

I've been super busy lately. Anyone who follows my blog, or my Facebook profile, probably already knows that. :biggrin:

The hubby asked me to re-marry him. So we're planning a vow renewal ceremony.

The kids are out of school for the summer. They were suppose to go back on August 6th, but now it won't be until September 8th. Ack! Another month of screaming children! :hide:

I have a give-away coming up in July on my website, will be doing a contest on another author's website at the end of July, then we're going on vacation on July 30th.

Let me see, what else? Oh, all three of my Alex & Fiona books are now in e-book format for only $5 each. Bouncy Icon Smilie

Oh, and did I mention that the hubby had a vasectomy? LOL! We have his "check" on July 24th to make sure all is clear before our vacation fun the next week. ;) :biggrin:

Hmmm, I guess that's about it. Just lots of everyday stuff. :)

So how is everyone doing?

Kim Smith
June 29th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Congrats on the vow renewal! How fab for you!

ChristieSilvers
June 29th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Thank you very much, Kim! We're very excited about it. We're planning it for April 9, 2011... our 17th anniversary. Since we married at the age of 17, that one will mark us being married for half our lives. Seems like the appropriate anniversary for re-declaring our everlasting love for one another. :-)

Dani
June 29th, 2009, 05:44 PM
That's so awesome Christie! My parents renewed their vows in the church 5 years after they got married and my mom would love to do it again next year on her 30th anniversary. We shall see though.

I remember you saying something once about him getting it done. I hope it sticks so you can have lots of fun without the pain 9 months later. LOL!

My son and I just got back from Fort Lauderdale. We were there for a couple of weeks house/pet sitting for a friend. We went to the beach, the aquarium in Miami and the Movico there that looks like it belongs in Egypt. My son, being a fan of anything Egypt, absolutely loved it. We saw Transformers 2 there and it was totally awesome! We may go to Disney a couple of days with our passes, but I plan on a quiet summer since he got almost everything he wanted while we were gone.

ChristieSilvers
June 29th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks Dani! I posted some pictures of things/ideas that we like for the ceremony and reception in the photo gallery (http://www.christiesilvers.com/apps/photos/) of my website, if anyone wants to take a peek.

Nope, there will be no pain in 9 months. LOL! That's what got all this started in the first place: a potential "oops" scare back in February. LOL! We started calling for a doctor in March. Went straight away for a consultation. Got scheduled for April, but was moved to May 1st. The procedure went really well, and now we just wait until his 12 weeks are up so we can make sure it worked. Woohoo! Come on July 24th!!

Wow, sounds like you've been having a lot of fun already this summer. What a great way to get a vacation. I bet your son is just thrilled with all he's gotten to do already. When does he go back to school?

Dani
July 3rd, 2009, 11:34 PM
He goes back August 24 this year. We moved him back to my mom's school at the end of this past school year because he was having a hard time at the school he was at (and when a teacher loses a kids work and there's only 10 kids in the class there's a problem and that's just one thing). He started doing better once we changed him back. They're changing the way they have certain classes set up, so one of his teachers (at mom's school) is going to make sure that she's with him in all his classes so he's comfortable.

I put some pictures from my vacation up on my Facebook page (I have a few more to add) and I might put them up here too. It was fun. It stormed really bad a couple of days, but we still had a great time.