PDA

View Full Version : Lessoned Still Learning...I missed my own chat.

milaramos
March 30th, 2007, 02:29 AM
I missed my own chat last week. :censored:

I still feel pretty bad. I was so psyched out. Literally nervous about it too! Eagerly waiting for the chat to happen and then when I enter, I realized that I wasn't even on time. At first the tears fell and I felt so defeated. For more reasons than possible. Its universally true that I beat up on myself. I have that perfectionistic trait that is a bit of a pita. I sat there for a while and was so angry at myself that I couldn't even see straight.

But the moderator then, Mary, was a treat and helped me get through it. Though I have to admit, it would have been better if i was there on time, for those that were there, it made up some.

Though its hard to make up a mishap as that, the authors I shared it with did understand. It happens, but it is still something that is hard to say sorry for.

So to all those future authors/writers out there. Word of advice from someone who missed her own chat. Set a timer in any way possible so you dont miss it. :unsure:

I believe the saying is true. First impressions are quite valuable and sometimes you dont get a second chance. Dont miss your chat! And if you have to its better to be early than completley late.

Karenne
March 30th, 2007, 10:24 AM
oh honey! Things like that happen. You poor baby. At least you did show and Mary is great so 'way to go Mary'

We still love you:wub:

Kissa Starling
March 31st, 2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks for sharing. You may have helped many avoid this mistake- including me!

jennzilla
April 7th, 2007, 03:40 AM
It happens Mila. You misread the time is all. (hugs)