PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Places to Visit on the Web?

Shelley Munro
July 8th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I'm curious, so thought I'd do an informal survey...

Apart from Coffee Time, which sites do you visit on a regular basis?
Which sites do you visit two or three times a week?
And finally, why do you like these sites?

Shelley

Dani
July 8th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I'm curious, so thought I'd do an informal survey...

Apart from Coffee Time, which sites do you visit on a regular basis?
Which sites do you visit two or three times a week?
And finally, why do you like these sites?

Shelley
Umm, let's see...

I go to Marisa Chenery's trivia challenge page (http://my.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=78621), the internet movie database site (www.imbd.com), Facebook, Goodreads, Shelfari and sometimes authors websites and/or blogs.

I visit the trivia challenge, Facebook, Shelfari and Goodreads a few times a week. It depends on what's happening in my house that day as to where I go.

They are fun places to visit. I like the trivia because it gets me thinking. Facebook is where I keep up with my family and some friends as well as some authors. Shelfari is where I keep a virtual bookshelf of what books I have and Goodreads is basically the same, but new to me. I've found that there are more books that I can add there that I own in ebook and can't normally add to my shelf at Shelfari.

I have to say though that 90% of my time is spent here at CTR, on my email and on one of the messengers (Yahoo & MSN) chatting to friends when I'm online.

Kim Smith
July 9th, 2009, 07:38 AM
eek! Are you sure you wanna know? *teasing* okay, here goes! I visit Authors by design everyday as I am a member of a crit group there, then blogger because I have several blogs there, then here at CTR. Then Facebook, and Twitter because heck that's where i get all the news!!

I also visit every week, about thirty yahoo groups, gather, journalscape, livejournal, myspace, redroom, and squidoo. I also love to do stumble upon for great photography. I visit every blog for other writers that I can every day, and I also go to blogtalk radio nearly everyday.

Hope that helps!

Shelley Munro
July 13th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Dani - I like Coffee Time too because it's so friendly, although I only get over here a couple of times a week. Recently, I've slowed down a bit because I'm having problems with my neck. Working on the computer seems to make it worse.

I visit quite a few agent/editor blogs plus ones that deal with marketing and promo. I also like to visit review sites - that part isn't professional interest but more a need to add books to my to-read list. I'm terrible!

Shelley

Shelley Munro
July 13th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Kim - wow! That sounds like a lot. I'm trying to stay away from Twitter, but everyone raves about it. What is it about Twitter that you enjoy so much?

Shelley

Dani
July 14th, 2009, 12:27 PM
A lot of people may be raving about Twitter, but Sherrilyn Kenyon had a couple of her Twitter accounts hacked (along with other things) and she couldn't get back into them. So, I'm not too keen on getting into it after hearing that.

Kim Smith
July 14th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I think it is the length thing. I like having to say something in a tiny amount of words. Plus I spend more time looking at other people's stuff than posting really.

Shelley Munro
July 14th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Dani - Sherrilyn Kenyon has the worst luck with hackers. I remember when she had her website hacked a few years ago.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
July 14th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I think it is the length thing. I like having to say something in a tiny amount of words. Plus I spend more time looking at other people's stuff than posting really.

See, Kim. I think that's where I'd run into trouble. Twitter would seduce me and I'd end up spending hardly any time writing!

Shelley