PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to The Sweetest Romance Authors Forum

Miss Mae
August 5th, 2009, 05:46 PM
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5149/sweetest.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/sweetest.jpg/)

Hello, and welcome, to The Sweetest Romance Authors Forum! Bring a cup of coffee, stay a while, and chat. DrinkingCoffeeahhh

DanielleThorne
November 9th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Interesting news from NY as they turn to epublishing:

From Publisher's Lunch:
Harlequin announced the launch of Carina Press, a digital-only publishing house that will sell directly to consumers and "operate independently of their traditional publishing businesses." Angela James is joining the new operation as executive editor. Their call for submissions include both new works as well as "books that have been previously released in print form, but for which the author has either retained digital rights or had digital rights revert to them." With an expected summer 2010 launch, Carina plans to issue new titles weekly.

Harlequin ceo Donna Hayes says, "We expect to discover new authors and unique voices that may not be able to find homes in traditional publishing houses. It definitely gives us greater flexibility in the type of editorial we can accept from authors and offer to readers. As well, we hope to reach a new group of readers with niche editorial."

Miss Mae
November 9th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Now how about THAT????

DanielleThorne
November 9th, 2009, 11:13 PM
That's what I'm saying. VERY interesting turn of events. Hm.

DanielleThorne
November 16th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Congrats to Teri Wilson for placing as an Eppie Finalist for her sweet paranormal, DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR? Way to go!

Gwyn Lacy
January 7th, 2010, 02:02 AM
I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I haven't written a sweet romance--but sure have read a lot of them--and truly a fan. What does quote, multi and quick do? gwynlacy@gmail.com

DanielleThorne
January 7th, 2010, 01:17 PM
"What does quote, multi and quick do?"

The forum boards take a little practicing to get used to using. I'm still not sure what all the features do. Welcome to the Sweeties.

Miss Mae
January 7th, 2010, 01:21 PM

The forum boards take a little practicing to get used to using. I'm still not sure what all the features do. Welcome to the Sweeties.

Gwyn, this is an example of "quote". For instance, if you see a post several posts ahead of you that you particularly want to answer, you click "quote". That way everyone knows which person you're addressing.

The "quick" is when you want to make a quick reply. I haven't done the "multi" yet, so can't answer that. :)

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 10:11 AM
It's me! It's me, It's Laurie T! Am I at the right place? Took a while for slow dial up to get me here.

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Laurie, we're in the thread below! LOL

HywelaLyn
January 14th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Hi Miss Mae, Danielle, Laurean, Gwyn Lacy and anyone I may have missed (with apologies). Have a great day - from the sn owy UK!

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Hi Miss Mae, Danielle, Laurean, Gwyn Lacy and anyone I may have missed (with apologies). Have a great day - from the sn owy UK!

Hi Lyn!

We're chatting in the forum below (where it says, "January 2010 chats). Hope you'll be able to stop by! :)

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Hi Lyn!

We're chatting in the forum below (where it says, "January 2010 chats). Hope you'll be able to stop by! :)

Oops. Actually, I think that says "Monthly chats"...LOL

Gwyn Lacy
January 14th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Hi Lyn!

Laurie, we're in the thread below! LOL
Dear Miss Mae,
I am Gwyn Lacy--I feel like a fish out of water at The Sweetest Romance Authors --but I so want to belong! I have two novella's (The Prophecy "trilogy") one anthology and another novella in edits with DCL Publications. The novellas were basically fairy tales which got a little too hot. My short in Only in Spirit, "Valentino's Ghost" is a love story that is close to sweet except the heroine is escaping a horrible man and some readers might find the escape too violent. I'm currently working on a romantic thriller-also not a sweet--but I love sweet romances--and I just found your group. My website is www.gwynlacy.com (http://www.gwynlacy.com) and my blog http://gwynlacy.blogspot.com. Can I still hang around? If anyone has time (I have some questions on my blog about writing). Let me know. Peace my dear friend! I am trying to get back into the forum-fill-in the information page *sigh*. Can't find it--yet. Thanks again, Looks like a good turn out for the chat--sweet romances rock!

Gwyn Lacy
January 14th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Congrats to Teri Wilson for placing as an Eppie Finalist for her sweet paranormal, DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR? Way to go!
Wow! I second that congratulations to Teri Wilson for placing as an Eppie finalist! Something I aspire to! Great news!

Miss Mae
January 15th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Dear Miss Mae,
I am Gwyn Lacy--I feel like a fish out of water at The Sweetest Romance Authors --but I so want to belong! I have two novella's (The Prophecy "trilogy") one anthology and another novella in edits with DCL Publications. The novellas were basically fairy tales which got a little too hot. My short in Only in Spirit, "Valentino's Ghost" is a love story that is close to sweet except the heroine is escaping a horrible man and some readers might find the escape too violent. I'm currently working on a romantic thriller-also not a sweet--but I love sweet romances--and I just found your group. My website is www.gwynlacy.com (http://www.gwynlacy.com) and my blog http://gwynlacy.blogspot.com. Can I still hang around? If anyone has time (I have some questions on my blog about writing). Let me know. Peace my dear friend! I am trying to get back into the forum-fill-in the information page *sigh*. Can't find it--yet. Thanks again, Looks like a good turn out for the chat--sweet romances rock!

We love readers of sweet romance, Gwen. :) Congrats on being published! :)

Laurean
January 15th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Hey Gwyn, I'm Laurean Brooks, a sweet romance author. If you will email me, I will suggest an authors' loop that will fit perfectly with the stories you write.

BTW I checked out your blog. Very pretty! Loved the book cover. landtbeth@yahoo.com

My blog: Laurean's Lore, http://laureanslore.blogspot.com

Miss Mae
January 17th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I don't know where you are, but in Georgia, it's cloudy, cool, drippy, and rainy. Very much sleepy-time weather, so it's making it extra hard for me to concentrate on my writing! LOL

DanielleThorne
January 17th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I don't write on Sundays but I do go through my emails. It's drippy and wet in my part of Georgia, too. My head is in Haiti today--can't stop thinking about what those people are going through.

Miss Mae
January 17th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I don't write on Sundays but I do go through my emails. It's drippy and wet in my part of Georgia, too. My head is in Haiti today--can't stop thinking about what those people are going through.

I know. I was just reading about that. Those poor people, they've been in my prayers.

Miss Mae
January 18th, 2010, 11:36 AM
The Sweetest Romance Authors are now on Twitter! Why don't you follow us? Just click here. (http://twitter.com/AuthorsofSweetR) :)

DanielleThorne
January 19th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Wishing everyone a great Tuesday. Check out the Sweeties here at CTR or our exclusive Sweet Romance yahoo group for authors and readers of Sweet Romance. According to Miss Mae, we are even on Twitter. How cool is that?

Finally some warm sunshine here in GA. It goes wonderful with the sweet reads I have on my bedside table, and the writing and editing I am doing on my next release.

Cheers!

Miss Mae
January 22nd, 2010, 10:24 AM
Really rough weather north of us. Tornadoes! In January! Gives me the shivers to think of how spring is going to be.

Though we only had one growl of thunder at 9 p.m., folks in the counties above us faced a wild night. They showed the videos on the eleven o'clock news. Snapped off trees, damaged houses and cars, hail looking like snow. Last I heard, no one was injured.

Hope everyone on the forum is safe wherever you live!

DanielleThorne
January 22nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
Be safe, Miss Mae. :) Keep that emergency kit close-by. (And a good book, too, of course).

CharmedGirl
January 23rd, 2010, 01:57 AM

Gwyn, this is an example of "quote". For instance, if you see a post several posts ahead of you that you particularly want to answer, you click "quote". That way everyone knows which person you're addressing.

The "quick" is when you want to make a quick reply. I haven't done the "multi" yet, so can't answer that. :)

Above is a multiple post.

Multi is where you select multiple posts from members and can post about each one in one post instead of several of them. Does that make sense?

Miss Mae
January 25th, 2010, 06:47 PM
I think I understand now. Thanks, CG! :)

Miss Mae
January 26th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Our first newsletter issue of 2010 is ready! If you'd like to become a subscriber and find out what the "Sweeties" are doing, why not join our list? It's free! :)

Check out the address on the side bar of our blog. (http://thesweetestromanceauthors.blogspot.com)

Miss Mae
January 28th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Come over and chat with The Sweetest Romance Authors at their chat room. Guest will be wolf enthusiast, and best-selling author, Loree Lough. Come prepared to ask questions, learn more about Loree's more than 74 books (one optioned for a TV movie), and enter the scavenger hunt to win the prize of # 1 "Sweetie"!

The fun starts at 8 p.m. EST. See you there!

http://sweetestromancechat.<wbr>blogspot.com/ (http://sweetestromancechat.blogspot.com/)

Miss Mae
May 3rd, 2010, 01:06 PM
How is everyone surviving? I dreaded all that glob of rain as it ever so slowly inched eastward. I heard from my sister, who lives close to Nashville, that the rain was "awful" and from all the photos of the flooding, I can see it was!

It finally made Georgia landfall late last night, but it wasn't bad here at all. We only received 1 1/2 inches of rain and NO bad storms (yeah!!!). It was outta here by the time we woke up this morning. I don't mind it at all when it's like that! :)

DanielleThorne
May 3rd, 2010, 02:15 PM
Just got hit today--boomers and lots of rain today. My garden is happy to see some wet weather. Let's just hope we don't get any of what Nashville got!

Gail Pallotta
May 3rd, 2010, 05:37 PM
Hi Miss Mae,
I have a relative who lives in Tennessee. She says was lucky she didn't lose power, but she did lose internet service, and several roads around her were closed, so she couldn't get about. Also, many businesses were closed, because the employees couldn't get to work. But, I've been fine here. I heard some thunder, but I'm dry as a bone.

Miss Mae
May 4th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Hi Gail,

I know, it's just been terrible! They're still showing the flooding on television. I'm so thankful nothing like that happened around here!

On another note, hubby and I got back from a morning bicycle ride. We took the bikes to a park where the trail is evenly paved and makes for a smooth ride. Amazing to see folks already there at 10 o'clock in the morning. There was too much foot traffic for us to ride uninterrupted! LOL

Miss Mae
May 5th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Good Wednesday morning, Coffee Time!

Hope all is enjoying sipping that aromatic fresh brew! :)

Just wanted to give a shout out about my 2009 winner of the P&E Readers' Poll for YA category, When the Bough Breaks, is NOW ON SALE through May!

That's right! A sale!

Take an extra 15% off the price now through the rest of this month on this wonderfully romantic story that is --er, a bit unusual-- from your regular Young Adult books!

This offer is only good when purchased straight from the publisher's site, Whimsical Publications (http://whimsicalpublications.com/miss_mae/When_The_Bough_Breaks.html). Be sure to watch the video on this page. I guarantee you'll love it! :)

Miss Mae
May 10th, 2010, 10:26 AM
The cooler weather is delightful, it feels more like fall than the beginning of summer! But yesterday, when trying to go for a bike ride in the park, I had to park it and climb into the truck cab! LOL That wind was just too chilly blowing into my cute little ears! LOL

DanielleThorne
May 10th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Wasn't yesterday awesome? I got some great chocolate and flowers, we went to church, then we took a beautiful drive through Callaway Gardens and stopped for a couple geocaches. Good times! Now this is SPRING! (Of course, we're in GA so won't last long.)

Miss Mae
May 10th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I know the cool won't last, but even now I have the heat running! Crazy, huh? LOL

Gail Pallotta
May 10th, 2010, 03:37 PM
:stretching1:Hi Miss Mae,
What fun, a bike ride! Good for you. I used to ride my bike all the time as a kid, and occasionally in my adult life, but haven't done it in years. I swim at the county pool though. Sometimes the water's a little chilly, but I love it. Those walkers will just have to watch out for you and hubby. We need to keep up the excercise.

Lucky47
June 10th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I can see my TRL is going to keep growing.:).
Got here a little late but made it.
Carol L.:smilingsun:

Janice Seagraves
June 22nd, 2010, 04:36 PM
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I can see my TRL is going to keep growing.:).
Got here a little late but made it.
Carol L.:smilingsun:

Hi Carol, I just had to check this place/post out and saw your name.

Janice~

Miss Mae
June 22nd, 2010, 04:39 PM
Hi Janice and Carol,

Welcome to the "Sweeties" forum. We're glad you found us! :)

Janice Seagraves
June 22nd, 2010, 05:02 PM
Hi Janice and Carol,

Well, hello.

Janice~

Lucky47
June 22nd, 2010, 06:45 PM
Hi Carol, I just had to check this place/post out and saw your name.

Janice~

Hi Janice, Good seeing you here.smilie_colors1.gif Great place.
Carol L.

Lucky47
June 22nd, 2010, 06:48 PM
Hi Janice and Carol,

Hi Miss Mae,
Glad to be here. Great place and thanks for the welcome.:orange:
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com

Miss Mae
June 22nd, 2010, 06:58 PM
You are very welcome. :) If you have any questions, just holla!:clap:

DanielleThorne
June 22nd, 2010, 07:21 PM
Hello, and welcome, to The Sweetest Romance Authors Forum! Bring a cup of coffee, stay a while, and chat. DrinkingCoffeeahhh

Hi Ladies,

So glad you found us here at CTR. Welcome, welcome!

daniellethorne

Janice Seagraves
June 23rd, 2010, 06:26 PM
Hi Ladies,

So glad you found us here at CTR. Welcome, welcome!

daniellethorne

So you guys write sweet romance or is that just the name for your forum?

Janice~

DanielleThorne
June 23rd, 2010, 07:04 PM
So you guys write sweet romance or is that just the name for your forum?

Janice~

Both! :winkiss: We are sweet romance authors who write in all types of sub-genres--adventure, historical, contemporary, suspense, western...and we pride ourselves on keeping it clean!

Janice Seagraves
June 23rd, 2010, 07:28 PM
Both! :winkiss: We are sweet romance authors who write in all types of sub-genres--adventure, historical, contemporary, suspense, western...and we pride ourselves on keeping it clean!

Oh I see. You won't hold it against me that I write erotic romance will you?

Janice~

Miss Mae
June 23rd, 2010, 07:29 PM
Absolutely! Our romances are tender, light, warm, and the plots exciting and dynamic!

We have a chat tomorrow in our chatroom, where we'll also have a scavenger hunt. The winner will receive the #1 Sweetie award! Our guest will be the publisher of Desert Breeze Publishing.

Would you like to join us? It starts at 8 p.m. EST. It's always fun! And you can learn more about us. :)

http://sweetestromancechat.blogspot.com/ (http://sweetestromancechat.blogspot.com)

Janice Seagraves
June 23rd, 2010, 07:31 PM
Absolutely! Our romances are tender, light, warm, and the plots exciting and dynamic!

We have a chat tomorrow in our chatroom, where we'll also have a scavenger hunt. The winner will receive the #1 Sweetie award! Our guest will be the publisher of Desert Breeze Publishing.

Would you like to join us? It starts at 8 p.m. EST. It's always fun! And you can learn more about us. :)

http://sweetestromancechat.blogspot.com/ (http://sweetestromancechat.blogspot.com)

How do you do a scavenger hunt?

Janice~

DanielleThorne
June 23rd, 2010, 07:34 PM
How do you do a scavenger hunt?

Janice~

I will defer to Miss Mae here, but we welcome all readers but only sweet romance can be discussed and posted on our forum. You may want to check out some of the other heat level groups on CTR if you want to post info abt your work.

Miss Mae
June 23rd, 2010, 07:34 PM
As for you being an erotic writer, the world is filled with different tastes. Some folks don't like chocolate (can't understand that myself, but...) If you'd like to get to know us, you're welcome! :)

With the scavenger hunt...well, a "sweet" question is asked before the chat ends. The answer will have 3 words, and one word is hidden in a person's blog. The first link will be given. That blog gives the secret word, links to the second, and so on. You arrange the 3 words in the proper order, and if you're the first to respond, you're the winner!

Miss Mae
June 23rd, 2010, 07:36 PM
I will defer to Miss Mae here, but we welcome all readers but only sweet romance can be discussed and posted on our forum. You may want to check out some of the other heat level groups on CTR if you want to post info abt your work.

Yes, as far as promoting work here, this is our own "sweet" forum, especially to showcase our work. But, as stated, you're certainly more than welcome to get to know us! :)

Janice Seagraves
June 23rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
As for you being an erotic writer, the world is filled with different tastes. Some folks don't like chocolate (can't understand that myself, but...) If you'd like to get to know us, you're welcome! :)

With the scavenger hunt...well, a "sweet" question is asked before the chat ends. The answer will have 3 words, and one word is hidden in a person's blog. The first link will be given. That blog gives the secret word, links to the second, and so on. You arrange the 3 words in the proper order, and if you're the first to respond, you're the winner!

Hey, cool, that sounds like fun.

Janice~

Miss Mae
June 23rd, 2010, 07:39 PM
Hey, cool, that sounds like fun.

Janice~

We think so too, and lots of folks have said they really enjoy it. :)

Janice Seagraves
June 23rd, 2010, 07:44 PM
Yes, as far as promoting work here, this is our own "sweet" forum, especially to showcase our work. But, as stated, you're certainly more than welcome to get to know us! :)

Naw, I was just teasing. ;)

Janice~

Miss Mae
July 12th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Stop by my author corner (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?p=130270#post130270) for Monday news! :)

Gail Pallotta
July 12th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Hi Carol,
Thanks for stopping by to chat with The Sweetest Romance authors.
I have out a Christian romance, Love Turns the Tide. If you'd like to read about it check out http://www.gailpallotta.com