PDA

View Full Version : ugh, Monday. Come in and say Hello!

DanielleThorne
August 17th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Hi everybody. Did everyone have a good weekend? I see we have some new reviews up! Two new members joined us over at our yahoo group, The Sweetest Romance. Anyone read a good book this weekend? Lurkers? Anyone? I am on Chapter 12 of Said the Spider to the Fly. I also bought Nora Roberts new one, Black Hills. Both are really good so far.

Miss Mae
August 17th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Good morning, Danielle, and it's a hot, sticky day in Georgia! Ugh!

I'm not currently reading as I have a WIP (slowly proceeding along). Yesterday, my daughter came over and we watched Hotel for Dogs with Emma Roberts. It was cute. Has anyone else seen it?

Yes, I'm excited about our growth at The Sweetest Romance. One review site told me her reviewers were starved for our kind of books and whenever they come in, they're snapped up instantly, and are preferred over the explicit, hotter reads. Isn't that awesome? :)

hollie
August 17th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Good Afternoon everyone I've had a nice weekend my oldest boy turned 12 yesterday and i'm reading a really good book for interview - but i'm not telling you what it is so :tt2:

I haven't got the new Nora Roberts book yet but i will mention to my mum that you said it was good then she can buy it and i can borrow it from her.

Miss Mae
August 17th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Good morning, Hollie, or afternoon to you there in the UK. Your son is 12? Oh, I remember that age for my daughter...kinda a weepy time as they're on the threshold of being a teen-ager! LOL

hollie
August 17th, 2009, 11:19 AM
yeah my daughter is nearly 15 and he isn't nearly as grown up as she was at the same age boys seem to develope slower than girls so i think i'm glad my youngest 2 are both boys as well

DanielleThorne
August 17th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I downloaded the Nora Roberts book so I won't be able to share it with anyone due to copyright of course. It is enjoyable though.

hollie
August 17th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I downloaded the Nora Roberts book so I won't be able to share it with anyone due to copyright of course. It is enjoyable though.

we are saving up for my mum to get an ebook reader i have the sony and she wants on of them untill then she is sticking to real books (i wont share my sony i would never see it again lol) so i can borrow her books

DanielleThorne
August 17th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Do you like the Sony?? It seems the Sony and the Kindle are the 2 big front runners. I am anxious to invest but still waiting and making do with my little iphone.

hollie
August 17th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I love the sony I have the 505 which doesn't have the light but in all honesty you don't need it it has a matt screen so it really is like reading a book. I've had mine a year and they only time i need a book light is when we are camping and i would need one for a book then as well.

as i understand it you can only kindle books for the kindle so it limits your choice but the sony reads PDF and WORD (and others i don't use) so i use it to read review books and anything i buy from epublishers you can get books through online book stores and the sony store but you don't have to most of mine come from the CTR store I seem to be spending way to much time in there. lol

DanielleThorne
August 17th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Wow. I know the ladies at Dear Author love their Sonys, too. That sounds great. I'm glad you explained it because I thought you could only get ebooks from the Sony store-and that was holding me back. I'm not sure the Kindle would be wise for me as it'd be too easy to just download and spend, spend, spend.

hollie
August 17th, 2009, 11:55 AM
that would be a problem for me as well lol
with the sony you have to plug it in to a PC and load the books so there is no automatic downloading. it also takes optional 2 memory cards and will hold music with an ear phone socket and photo's that are black and white but really clear. oh and the battery life is really long i only charge mine about once a week i just plug it in over night.

DanielleThorne
August 17th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Wow--you only charge once a week? That's amazing.

hollie
August 18th, 2009, 09:42 AM
yeah it's amazing i can take it away for a long weekend and not have to worry about it running