About Beverley Oakley
- Beverley Eikli wrote her first romance novel when she was seventeen. Drowning the heroine on the last page (p550!) was, she soon discovered, not in the spirit of the genre so her romance-writing career ground to a halt.
A new world of romance and adventure opened up to her in a thatched cottage in the Okavango Delta, in Botswana, with a handsome Norwegian bush pilot, then, later, in the back of Cessna 404s during low-level survey sorties over the French Guyanese jungle and Greenland’s ice cap. Cocooned for eight hours at a time with a lonely pilot was, she discovered, a great apprenticeship for a romance author.
Beverley writes erotic Regency romance and enjoys adding a twist to the tale.
- Gisborne, Victoria, Australia
- Taking my Rhodesian Ridgeback for a walk, creating amazing cakes and building mud brick mansions.
- Creative writing teacher at Victoria University.
- Monica McInierny's 'At Home with the Templetons'
- Just Finished Reading:
- Diana Gabaldon's 'The Scottish Prisoner'
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Albums
- Total Photos
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- December 8th, 2012 06:59 PM
- Last Activity
- April 9th, 2013 03:00 AM
- Join Date
- February 20th, 2012
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2