About Blair McDowell
- Hi everyone! Here's a little bit about me and my writing.
When did I start to write? Soon after I found my first pencil. But I began to write for publication about 30 years ago--professional books. I wrote six of them, all still in print and still in use. Only lately have I turned to fiction. I'd have done it a lot sooner if I'd had any idea how much fun it was!
I’ve lived in many different places. The US--Certain cities call to me. I love San Francisco and Seattle and the wonderful Oregon Coast. Australia--among the most open welcoming people in the world, and a wide open young country with incredible land and sea scapes, with amazing animal and bird life right out of science fiction. Canada--HOME. The place where I belong.
My books--I'd LOVE to tell you about them.
• The Memory of Roses--women's fiction --two generations, father and daughter each find love on the Greek island of Corfu. Brit is left a villa on Corfu and a family mystery to resolve. My love of Greece shines through every page.
• Delighting in Your Company is a paranormal Romance with time travel--set in the Caribbean of today and of the 1890's. Amalie Ansett is visiting the Island of St. Clement's and meets a handsome young planter--trouble is he died 200 years ago under mysterious circumstances. It's up to Amalie to help him.
• Sonata, placed in Vancouver and on the Sunshine Coast of BC. Sayuri McAllister is a world class concert artist with a Vancouver cop boyfriend. The story involves a jewel heist, attempted murder and general mayhem.
I travel a lot. I usually spend the month of October in Europe, Greece or Italy, and the winter in a little house I built many years ago on a small untouristic Caribbean Island. I have worked and studied in many places--Hungary, Australia the US and Canada, and have spoken in most of the States and Provinces as well as Taiwan and various cities in Europe. I enjoy being surrounded by cultures other than my own. I enjoy my own as well--but variety is indeed the spice of my life.
I keep busy--and I love my life. I love meeting the people who come here to the west coast of Canada and stay in my B&B. I love traveling after the tourist season is over. And I love writing. My interests?? Music, especially opera, reading everything in print, and Writing. And walking on the beach and swimming. At one point I had hoped to swim in every major sea and ocean. I've realized that may not be possible in one lifetime--but trying has been fun!
- Sunshine Coast of BC
- WRITING, travel, music, reading, swimming
- I operate a B&B
- Death and Restoration by Iain Pears
- Just Finished Reading:
- Sanctuary by Nora Roberts
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- March 9th, 2012 07:26 PM
- Join Date
- March 8th, 2012
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1