Bacon-Roasted Chicken with Potatoes
- 6 chicken thighs
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 12 slices center-cut bacon
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds baby Dutch yellow potatoes
- Seasoning Mix:
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Wrap each chicken piece in a slice of bacon, trying to cover as much of the chicken as possible. Place the wrapped chicken pieces in a 9x13 inch baking dish, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the onion over the chicken. Push potatoes down into the spaces between the chicken pieces and around the edge of the dish.
- Combine the chives, basil, garlic powder, adobo seasoning, and black pepper in a small bowl, and sprinkle the seasoning to taste over the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, until the bacon is crisp and brown and the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with salt, if desired, and serve hot.
There are some suggestions to make the recipe a little different. Check out the allrecipe link if interested.