Roasted Asparagus Vinaigrette
1 1/2 punds asparagus (about 30 medium-thick spears), bottoms trimmed
5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease a large shallow roasting pan or half sheet pan with oil.
2. Arrange the asparagus in a single uncrowded layer in the prepared pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the oil over the asparagus and roll to coat evenly.
3. Roast the asparagus for about 15 minutes, until the asparagus is lightly browned, shaking the pan occasionally for even cooking.
4. Meanwhile, combine the garlic and vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil until it is fully incorporated. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
5. When the asparagus is done, transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with the vinaigrette. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside for at least 30 minutes to blend the flavors.
6. Serve at room temperature.
Re: Roasted Asparagus Vinaigrette