Welcome to Creating a Marketing Plan
If you read the blurb about this class, you know it's for those who are too busy writing to have time for marketing, as well as those who are too busy marketing to have time for writing. :duh: Whichever camp you fit into -- this is for you.
We'll cover a number of issues each week, M, T, W. On Th-Su you'll have time to practice the things you learn in class, and to make note of areas where you need help. Oh, and to write, market, eat, sleep, do the evil day job, chase the kids, love on that significant person of yours, and all those other things that constitute having a life. Uh... you do have one of those, don't you? If not, I hope this class gives you the help you need to get yours back!
To help me help you, please reply to this post and answer the following:
- What is your author name? (or names if you write under more than one)
- Are you published, contracted but no book yet, writing while you await that first big break, or ______?
- What do you wish you could do better?
- What do you feel you are doing well marketing-wise?
- Give us a tip for marketing that has helped you.
- I'm Kayelle Allen.
- I have eight books published, and one getting ready to submit (yay!).
- I wish I was a better blogger. Sometimes I just go blank.
- I created a distinct, recognizable logo and use it everywhere on the web as my avatar and profile picture.
- See other authors not as competition, but as partners working to gain recognition for the genre in which you write.