Reading: Anything I can get my sticky little hands on
    TBR: 1024

Awards Showcase

Default Dante I Excerpt II

Coming on 18th May 2010!

Here's another little peek at our intrepid, and rather randy, duo.

“Wait,” Yumi began, but was cut short as Tomas pulled her in and shut the door behind them. Yumi swallowed dryly, there was nothing she could do now.

She understood Tomas’s concern a few moments later as two patrols, coming from both directions, passed each other just outside the door. She wondered when Tomas would realize what he’d just done.

“What?” he said, reaching for the lockpad and finding nothing

She watched Tomas look around the room. The single narrow bed along one wall, the small synth machine, the toilet facility, the tiny shower, and a pile of boxes of various cleaning supplies stuck in the middle of the room. Storage had become the room’s secondary purpose ever since the Separatists had created the Grunge tanks.

“Sadie’s Hell,” he said, finally working out what had happened. “This is…”

“These used to be our holding cells, yes,” Yumi finished for him. “Drunken miners sleeping the ales out of their systems mainly, but now used for surplus storage since the Separatists wanted a more secure center for their torture.”

“Do you know any way out of here?”

Yumi pointed at his workpad. “I’ll have to get hold of someone to come let us out,” she said. “Can’t you break out like you did in The Crypts?”

“I can try some things,” he answered. “But the gadgets I used down there were one-off items. I don’t have them anymore.”

“Well, I’d better get a message out then,” she said, taking the workpad from him. “It looks like we’re going to be stuck here for a while—“

Just the two of us, Yumi tried to wipe that thought from her mind. Wonder if I can…?

No, no! Yumi forced herself to think of the Bolgër, of the work she needed to do, of the Centimation. Not of being trapped in a room, with a bed, with Tomas—with nothing else to do.

Bringing up Qixid and logging into the game almost immediately had Hurdias challenging her. Good, she’d found Zshanna.

Trapped, locked in bed, no, cell, with agent. Yumi blustered through her first report. Release from agent urgent. Dammit. Yumi sat still physically as she forced her thoughts into a resemblance of sanity. Trapped in holding cell #five-four-seven-one. Require rescue, she finally managed.

She could imagine Zshanna sitting at her workpad, laughing her head off at Yumi’s predicament.

Sector? Zshanna responded. Level?

Sector Seven-D, Level Four, hurry before I give in, before— Before we are needed at the armory.

Will take approximately one hour to reach your location. Zshanna answered. Enjoy yourself.

Dammit! Yumi swore to herself, the world, everything. This was the last thing she needed, and the first thing she wanted. How in Sadie’s Hell was she going to get out of this situation?

Yumi watched Tomas working on the door and the memory of his hands on her breasts returned to her. For a moment she didn't care about the war anymore, all she needed was him. To lose herself in his arms, and forget that young soldier's face as it exploded—

The small chime of the workpad brought her focus back to the screen. She had a lot of people to save before she succumbed to that kind of fantasy.

Can’t you make it any sooner? She begged.

Sorry. One hour at the earliestall personnel are evacuating the sick and infirm, Zshanna's message said. Enjoy the, uhm, downtime.

Yumi managed to refrain from cursing out loud. Just as well since Tomas, a look of frustration on his face, came over and sat beside her.

"Any luck?" he asked.

Yumi shook her head. “Soonest they can get someone here is an hour. They’re occupied with transferring the infirmary patients as quickly and unobtrusively as they can.”

“Not much we can do then,” Tomas sat back, his weight on the small bed causing it to sag and making her slide closer to him. She felt his hand on her back, his touch sending small shivers through her. “Except, maybe, continue where we left off…?”

Coming soon here
    Last edited by sjwilling; August 18th, 2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: stickied
    When I was young I wanted to grow up--instead I became a Writer
    Stories, like love and laughter, are born in the soul

PIACT Undercover Agent Series
    OUT NOW! Dante I - Samhain Publishing
    Cyberius III - New Concepts Publishing
    Poseidon VII - Samhain Publishing

Web Page: www.sjwilling.com
    LiveJournal: http://hundakleptisis.livejournal.com/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/sjwilling
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sjwilling