Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Lets Start Scrapping

Hello to all my friends out there that have the same interest, SCRAPBOOKING. Lets start sharing our ideas about things that we like to do.

Ask questions. Don't know where to start, we can help. Lets share our ideas.

How about a new idea....What to scrapbook for St. Patricks Day. We all love to take pictures so lets share some of our ideas for keeping them.
    Paige Nace
    TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Lets Start Scrapping

Oh Oh! I have an idea that has really helped me get my scrapbooking done...I joined a scrapbooking group. Once a month we meet at someone's house and they provide the food and we scrapbook for 3-4 hours NO KIDS ALLOWED.

This has been a wonderful thing to do and you know what...I enjoy the peace and quiet and adult talk that I get to have...adults talk...no kids! WOOHOO
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

I got my daughter into it. When I get to see her (which for the last 4 years is only in the summers) it is something that we do together. I can't wait to work on stuff when we are closer this faller. (we are getting out of the military so we can be back with the kids this summer)
    "Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone -- just as wild -- to run with."~ Carrie

My kids are still a little young to get into scrapbooking, but when I am sitting down at my table you can bet they are right there watching me. They also love to look at my album to see all the pictures I have done. My kids love looking at the memories and I know that this will make them have a love for it as they grow older.

I love the idea about the scrapbooking club. I will have to try that with some of my friends.

Any other ideas out there?????????
    Paige Nace

I really applaud those of you with talent enough to untake this feat. I went to a scrapbooking and craft making party once. We made cute little gift sacks from envelopes and stamped them. We cut paper with all kinds of different scissors that left various trims. We stampled our finished products with personalizing rubber stamps in various colors of ink. We put cute little decals on our designs. I really got excited about what I accomplished because I'm not at all an inventive-type. It was a pleasant experience.

I thought I might engage in the pasttime but when I took a look at my life, at the time, I realized I really didn't want to remember much of it. No matter how much you stamp cute little creatures around a photo...if it's of a husband passed out in a chair, it just isn't that cute. If you kid is a punk-rocker with pink liberty spikes, dressed in a kilt with high-top tennis shoes, you can't do much with a photo of that either. I guess I could have snapped a pic of my second son, face down on the ground when the police handcuffed him, but...nah! Vacations? Nope. Memorable Events. Right! I shelved the idea and the stuff I bought at the party.

Hey, this reminded me. I think I'll place an ad on ebay. I have a whole bunch of scissors with varying blades, stamps, stamp pads, decals. and a cute little holder that they all came in.

Keep on scrapping!
    Ginger
    Author, Ginger Simpson
    http://www.gingersimpson.com
    Read a romance...feed your passion and a starving author.
    TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Hey Paige!

Can you give us an idea of how to get started? Let say that you have so much to do that you just don't know how to start.
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

I would like ideas for a wedding scrapbook and a baby one also. I am new to scrapbooking so all ideas are welcome. Thank You!
    "And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make"...............The Beatles

There are lots of ways you can get started.* The easiest I would say is take your most recent photos (even if you have tons from years gone by only look at the most recent).* most of us take pictures in groups, so pick out your favorite group from these photos and lay them down on the table.* Put the rest of your pictures away for the moment.* While you are looking at your pictures what do you remember most from this event.* Is it your children playing dress up, is it a day at the beach, what makes it come together.* Then the easiest thing is to buy a kit with the same theme with those pictures.* There are lots of companies out there that sell kits that are really easy to use.* Most of them give you the paper the stickers, the cutouts and even a design idea.* After you have been scrapping for a while you can branch out and come up with your own kit, but the easiest is to buy one to start.

As for doing baby pictures and wedding pictures they can be a lot of fun.* For a wedding pictures, I would start with a fresh album that will only have wedding photos in it.* Also go out and buy a couple kits for weddings.* They will give you design layouts and such.

Baby pictures can be lots of fun too.* I know my baby pictures can take up a whole album.* There are lots of kits that can be purchased for this one also.* They have boy kits and girl kits, twins, you name it you can probably find it anywhere.* Some stores even now carry puffy stickers for scrapbooking that make doing baby pictures alot of fun.* Take your little one and put the picture beside a cradle with lots of bottles around it, just as an example.

Hope I have given some pointers and helped some.* Ask more questions.

Paige Nace

I love scrapbooking. I just recently got into it thru a friend who showed me a few of her albums. How I got started was just pick out a few fun pictures of the kids. I got some fun and decrotive paper and stickers. I am sure that the first album I made was not a really good one but once you get the hang of it and get some scrapbooking tools you are on your way to some really classy albums.

I look back at my first pages that I did and I think, man was that lousy. But you know it is a learning experience and the early pages show your progress. My kids love looking at the advancements I have made with our album. However, I am still really behind and hope to catch up before my children have children of their own.
    Paige Nace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast