Reading: PI Barrington
    Just Finished Reading: Echoes the Drum
    TBR: 5

Awards Showcase

Default Have a Byte of Turtle Soup!

If the way to a manís heart is through his stomach, what do you do if he canít stomach you?

Awe-struck Publishing announces the release of contemporary romance, TURTLE SOUP. This short novel by Danielle Thorne (author of THE PRIVATEER) is a 2008 Awe-struck Short Novel winner.

Sea turtles may be endangered but after an encounter with marine biologist, Jack Brandon, nothing will stop Sara Hart from naming her deli Turtle Soup.
    When Jack takes a job at the nearby Georgia Aquarium, Sara finds the environmental poster boy at her door, hungry and carrying a chip on his shoulder. Neither thinks the other has what it takes, until a scuba class reveals what lies beneath the surface.

Find out more about TURTLE SOUP!

Danielle Thorne
    www.daniellethorne.com
    Just Finished Reading: The Privateer by Danielle Thorne
    TBR: 4

Awards Showcase

Congratulations on your new release!

"When the Bough Breaks", "See No Evil, My Pretty Lady", "Catch Me If You Can", "It's Extraordinary, My Dear Winifred", "Said the Spider to the Fly", available at both Smashwords and Amazon

Visit me online at: http://themissmaesite.com

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

Danielle and anyone who writes/reads sweet romances

I have a daughter who is 14 and very interested in my book collection but as you can imagine as a reviewer alot of what i have is in no way suitable for a girl of that age.

but......... I was thinking that books that are more sweet then sexual would be a perfect stepping stone for her
    i was thinking about Turtle Soup as i have that one but i would like your opinions
    Hugs
    Hollie

Just Finished Reading: The Privateer by Danielle Thorne
    TBR: 4

Awards Showcase

Default For Hollie and Any Interested Parties

Hi Hollie,

Understand perfectly what you're saying. Yes, Turtle Soup would be great for your teen.

That's what our group is about. We are perfect for young adults, but also for any age. We came about because our books don't focus on the sensual/sexual aspect. There will be the attraction/tension, yes, but we build on the emotions (and whatever the plot is, i.e., mystery, comedy, etc.).

Some potential readers might curl their lips and think, "Ugh, sweet books. How boring!" But that's just not true. We are best selling, award winning authors. Our highly rated reviews--and we have a thread right here in our forum--should be checked out. A lot of readers come away surprised!

Our books are not only wholesome, they're also entertaining.

And they're guaranteed to be Mama approved!

"When the Bough Breaks", "See No Evil, My Pretty Lady", "Catch Me If You Can", "It's Extraordinary, My Dear Winifred", "Said the Spider to the Fly", available at both Smashwords and Amazon

Visit me online at: http://themissmaesite.com

Awards Showcase

Thanks Hollie for asking--and Miss Mae for your support. Any books, esp "sweet" ebooks that are out these days are very suitable for teens. You are safe with books from The Sweetest Romance authors.

I'm actually hesitant to put in a kiss or two, but I don't write Inspie. I did close my first novel, The Privateer with a sweet kiss and hug--and Turtle Soup has two smooches (as I told my church friends who asked your same question). Turtle Soup is food, fun, and tension. There are a couple kisses. Nothing naughty. I have 3 teenagers myself. I don't write anything I would worry my kids or their friends would read.

It's all about the adventure and the fun--and a sweet kiss of commitment. The rest is for behind closed doors. We don't shy away or are prudish about intimacy--we just keep it G/PG rated!
    Danielle Thorne
    www.daniellethorne.com

Awards Showcase

Sample: You can read an excerpt of Turtle Soup at:
    http://www.awe-struck.net/books/turtle_soup.html

...that showcases a Turtle Soup kiss.
    Danielle Thorne
    www.daniellethorne.com

Awards Showcase

thanks to you both, I have turtle soup but as i got it as a review/interview ebook i'm not sure where i stand with letting her read it i really don't understand the copyright rules.

I will look into more sweet romances and send her in that direction. i don't mind reading the hotter books but i don't want her reading them untill she is 25-26 ish.
    Hugs
    Hollie

Awards Showcase

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's nothing wrong with letting someone read an ebook on your computer that you bought and paid for or received as a review copy as long as they sit down and read it AT your computer. I believe it's forwarding, copying, etc.--passing it on, that is technically illegal and wrong. As long as it STAYS on your computer where you read it--but I'm sure someone out there would disagree. Just my two cents.

I recently had a friend show me her hundreds of books on her hand held device. They were all free (she told me) as free books online or passed to her from friends. I explained about ebooks being copyrighted and hoped she wouldn't ask for a promo copy of my book.
    Danielle Thorne
    www.daniellethorne.com

Awards Showcase

thats pretty much how i understand the rules as well. as long as i don't copy it i can't break any copy laws. my mum descided she could get round the laws by "borrowing" my reader saying the same thing she wasnt' coping them. needless to say she still hasn't read any ebooks lol
    Hugs
    Hollie