Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default First Paragraph - September Paranormal

Hi, everyone! Thanks so much to Hollie and the rest of the Coffee Time crew for allowing me this opportunity to participate in the Coffee Write series. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with everyone for the next month and seeing what kind of paranormal fun we can create together! With that in mind, let's go ahead and get this party started, what do ya say? Here's our opening paragraph. Have at it, gang! (Remember - we'll find some diplomatic way to decide whose contributions to this story are the best by month's end. I've got prizes to give away to the best entries, so get your muses fired up and on the case!)

CHAPTER ONE

If, as the song goes, “love hurts,” then Eric VanMeter supposed that the molten agony that now ripped through his lower abdomen meant he was destined to marry the woman who had just kicked him in the balls. Or was doomed to marry her, at any rate. Because Lilith Nevan wasn’t any ordinary woman. A lamia, a spiritual second-cousin to the better known succubus variety of demons, Lilith could kill a man as easily as she could sleep with him. And considering he still whooped for breath, his eyes smarting, his crotch throbbing, Eric figured she’d settle for the former, not the latter, in his case.
    http://sarareinke.blogspot.com
    Reading: Private Games
    Just Finished Reading: All Fall Down By Megan Hart
    TBR: 5

Awards Showcase

Scathingly she watched the wicked man attempt for breath, seeming to have much difficulty in doing so. But as she took in the site of him, what started as scathing, quickly morphed into something else, what that was, she wasn’t quite certain.

His long inky hair, bright green eyes and body, whoa, what a body he had!

Even doubled over in agony, she could make out his fine physique. She should be leaving now. She knew that…but like a moth to a flame something seemed to draw her attentions to him.

Last edited by hollie; September 1st, 2009 at 07:12 AM. Reason: removed smilies and made it bigger (sorry vitch)
    ~ Live, Love & Laugh as Much as Possible ~
    Noble Romance Author
    Zapocalypse- The Midnight Special
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/vitch36
    FB:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002828496100

As Lilith paused in her backward retreat toward the window of the third-floor hotel room, Eric glared at her and gritted his teeth. Against his better judgment - and nature - he'd tried to play nice. Now all bets were off. "You're not going anywhere Lilith," he growled. He slowly straightened, his arms opening and angling away from his body, his palms facing her as he prepared to do whatever he needed to do to stop her from escaping him. Again.
    Reading: Private Games
    Just Finished Reading: All Fall Down By Megan Hart
    TBR: 5

Awards Showcase

Lilith geared up for battle at the strange possessive growl, until his words sunk home.>>

“What do you mean, should I want children? What does my ever possibly wanting one of those loud, smelly, vile little things, have to do with your family jewels?”>>

Eric’s smirk slid larger, as he saw he’d piqued her interest. Eye brow arching, he buried the pain and straightened to his full height, which just so happened to make her, pause and look upwards to follow his eyes.>>

“What? Why are you daring to smirk at me like that?” She demanded angrily.>>
    ~ Live, Love & Laugh as Much as Possible ~
    Noble Romance Author
    Zapocalypse- The Midnight Special
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/vitch36
    FB:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002828496100

He'd been tracking her the better part of six months. Every time he got her cornered, she ran from him, fighting as if her life depended on it. His head tipped to the side and his eyes narrowed as he considered that maybe, just maybe, she truly had no idea why he was pursuing her.

"Lilith, you DO know who I am . . . don't you?"

"I know who you are. I was warned you would be coming for me but I won't give in without a fight."

"Now, dear heart, why would I want to fight my mate?"

Lilith licked her lips as she considered his words. MATE?? What the hell is he talking about?? She noticed the way Eric focused on her mouth. Ah, this she understood. This was what she was good at. She needed information and now she knew just how to get it.

She smiled and took a step toward him. And another. Her smile widened as his gaze slipped from her lips to the sway of her hips and his palms began to close. Perfect. He wouldn't have a chance to use his powers on her this time. She'd barely escaped last time. This time, he'd be the one who wouldn't escape.
    TBR: 2many

Awards Showcase

Lilith'd get him close and when his mind was very obviously not on capturing her, she'd...

Lilith’s arms tingling was the only warning she received before they jerked straight, glueing themselves to her sides.

"You son of a bitch!" She pulled on her frozen arms, stumbling backwards as Eric took a step towards her.

"I’m not going to hurt you." He held a hand out, taking another slow step. His eyes pleaded with her to stop struggling, that he wasn’t trying to capture her; he wanted her.

Yeah right.

She wasn’t hatched yesterday. Lamia’s were worth at least a million on the witches’ black market; the only things that went for higher were succubuses.

This Eric was a bounty hunter. She was sure of it.

She was not ending up like her cousin, trussed up like a pig and sold to the highest bidder into sexual servitude. She’d been chased by bounty hunters for the past year since her cousin was taken and they found out she was one, too.

She pitched her voice low and looked up at him through thick lashes. "Oh, you don’t have to promise that. I’m good with a little spanking. The bondage is a little much, but hey, I'm open to new things."

His eyebrows shot up as a grin tugged the edges of his lips.

She shoved her knee into his groin so hard she was half hoping it’d come out the other end.

"Ugh!" He crumbled to the ground and her arms were suddenly free. Apparently he had to concentrate to keep them frozen.

He obviously wasn’t a very bright bounty hunter, otherwise he would’ve frozen her legs.

She yanked the door open, pulled off her three inch stilettos, and ran down the hotel’s hall in her bare feet.
    Reading: Heat Lightning
    Just Finished Reading: Dead Perfect
    TBR: 20

Awards Showcase

Eric tried to come to grips with the agony he felt as he glance over in Lilith's direction. Demons were always tricky beast, and lamia were no exception. And cursed to marry this one? As he tried to straighten, he couldn't help but noticing her lithe figure. With flowing auburn locks and the deepest blues he ever seen, she was amazing. He grimaced and cocked a crooked smile, this was just his luck.

I hope you weren't planning on having babies.” He straighten and gazed into her smoldering eyes.

I hope you weren't. Who in the hell do you think you are?” Lilith gazed back. She'd been seething with anger just a few seconds ago, what the hell was wrong with her.
    Last edited by Dottie; September 1st, 2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    Reading: Heat Lightning
    Just Finished Reading: Dead Perfect
    TBR: 20

Awards Showcase

Ah, Lilith was without a clue of what the legends foretold. How one of light would attract one of dark. Lamia were known to take lovers and drain them dry, only one of great strength could match their thirsts. Eric knew he was the match to her thirst. And, he hoped, her strength if his throbbing groin was any indication.

Allow me to introduce myself. I think we may have started out with a misstep. I'm Eric VanMeter.” Eric grinned, now that he could stand and gaze down into the deep blue depths that locked on to his vivid green ones.

Now it was Lilith's turn to stare, was his name suppose to mean something to her? She couldn't think very well when he looked at her like that. She shook her head, breaking the spell he was weaving.

So, and who might the great Eric VanMeter be?” She inquired with a smirk of her own.
    Last edited by Dottie; September 2nd, 2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: restating last statement

Eric chuckled, his breath warm and tickling against her ear. "You keep talking like that, I'm going to think you've got a crush on me."

Lilith frowned. Playtime was over. "Keep dreaming," she said, ramming one elbow back into his sternum. The blow knocked the breath from him and he stumbled back, choking for breath. Pivoting smoothly, Lilith swung the gun around, smashing the butt into his temple, crumpling him into the dirt. In the same movement, she completed her sleek pirouhette, her finger folding in against the trigger just as the three bounty hunting goons moved in for the attack.
    http://sarareinke.blogspot.com
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

"That wasn't very nice Lilith." Eric groaned as she fired off a few shots, which surprisingly hit all three of her attackers, sending them sprawling to the ground.

"Sorry but you'll live. I was only trying to prove I can take care of myself." Lilith said, kneeling down beside Eric. She gripped his chin and tilted his face to the side to see what damage she'd caused when she struck him in the temple.

"Looks like you did a damn fine job." He commented, his chest rumbling with laughter.

"What's so funny?"

"I'm just glad it was them you used for target practice and not me."

"Maybe next time you won't be so lucky." She said with a wink and handed him back his gun. "But for now I'm done running from you."

"About damn time. But aren't you the least bit curious as to what I want with you?" Eric said huskily, making Lilith tense.