Reading: The Magic Touch by Sara Bell (m/m)
    Just Finished Reading: Fire on the Mountain The Wedding Planner Private Property (all m/m romance)
    TBR: 1000+

Awards Showcase

Rolling Eyes Have you ever had this problem...

I LOVE my Sony eReader PR505 - and I have had it for a year.

During this year, I have noticed that sometimes (especially with books by Tourque Press - but once in a while, it will happen with another press) that I will be reading in medium print - and the next page (or three) will be small print and there is nothing I can do about it. Then I turn a page and the medium print will be back - only to repeat itself down the line.

The story is still readable, but a pain in the butt to do it, as the print is so small and light (even with glasses. ) If I am reading in bed at night and this happens, I have to either put it up and continue in the morning, or go start another story that doesn't have the problem.

Is this something other Sony owners have experianced? Is this a format problem on my end or an error in downloading my purchase? Should I contact the publishers of the e-book and alert them that their particular story I bought from them has some kinks (and not of the sexual kind)?

Thanking you in advance
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

I've never had that problem but I have the Sony PRS-505.

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

yes i have had that problem and yes it is a pain. but i haven't made a connection between the books.

[that isn't saying there isn't one but alot of my ebooks i read are for review so i don't look at the publisher untill after i finish reading it].

as for contacting the publisher that might be a good idea but again not one i had thought of. i'm not much help i know but at least we now both know that it isn't an error with our 505's.
    Hugs
    Hollie

Reading: Dragon Wytch, by Yasmine Galenorn
    TBR: Many

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Allwynn View Post

During this year, I have noticed that sometimes (especially with books by Tourque Press - but once in a while, it will happen with another press) that I will be reading in medium print - and the next page (or three) will be small print and there is nothing I can do about it. Then I turn a page and the medium print will be back - only to repeat itself down the line.

The story is still readable, but a pain in the butt to do it, as the print is so small and light (even with glasses. ) If I am reading in bed at night and this happens, I have to either put it up and continue in the morning, or go start another story that doesn't have the problem.

Is this something other Sony owners have experianced? Is this a format problem on my end or an error in downloading my purchase? Should I contact the publishers of the e-book and alert them that their particular story I bought from them has some kinks (and not of the sexual kind)?

Thanking you in advance
    I have had the problem also, with the 500, 505 AND 300. The only way to solve it that I have found is to go back to the original pdf, click on file, and click on save as text. I then reload it onto the Sony and it usually works. For really bad cases, I use the Amber PDF translator to put it into a different format. Hope it helped.
    Reading: All things Writer's Digest
    Just Finished Reading: Rewrites, proofing, rewrites proofing, and so on. LOl
    TBR: 100

Awards Showcase

I love my Sony Reader 505 as well. But I cannot get any books to load to it that I did not purchase from Sony. No complaints on the books. I just have other's that I'd like to load on my Sony reader. I notice and have had comments that other users have been able to get the books onto their Sony Reader 505. I'll research it some more. Anyone have suggestions? You can send a note to me. Thanks

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn Lacy View Post
    I love my Sony Reader 505 as well. But I cannot get any books to load to it that I did not purchase from Sony. No complaints on the books. I just have other's that I'd like to load on my Sony reader. I notice and have had comments that other users have been able to get the books onto their Sony Reader 505. I'll research it some more. Anyone have suggestions? You can send a note to me. Thanks

There is two ways to add books not bought through sony, the quickest is to add them to a SD or produo card and put that in your 505.

there is also a way of doing it through the sony library as well if you want i can give you instructions for that as well.

any other problems let me know i will do my best to help
    Hugs
    Hollie

Just Finished Reading: No Flowers Required by Cari Quinn
    TBR: 200 +

Awards Showcase

I never had a problem with that, most of the time I used calibre (a free program that allows you to organize your books into series, genre etc... when they're on your Sony) to upload books onto my Sony. On the odd occasion, when I was in a rush, I did just drag and drop though. And always with no problems. The only time I ever had a problem loading a book on my Sony that wasn't from the Sony store was when I'd purchased a secure epub from All Romance -- but their huge FAQ section solved that little problem for me
    check out calibre, that program is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Allwynn View Post

Thanking you in advance
    JoAnne Kenrick
    Across the pond and faraway.

www.joannekenrick.com

Dracula's Kiss, Night Owl Reviews TOP PICK
    Sweet Irish Kiss, Amazon - All Romance - Bookstrand BESTSELLER!

Sexy times, unhappy ever afters, spooky introductions....perfect reading for halloween! book four, Treacle and Treason, releases 26th October.