SUMMER SIZZLE by Samantha Gentry, a contemporary erotic romance novel, is available from Cobblestone Press. Following is a blurb and PG excerpt #1. www.cobblestone-press.com

BLURB:

Do opposites really attract? Can a man who believes only in live-for-today and doesn't want a relationship that consists of anything more than torrid sex for a one night stand find any kind of common ground with a woman who needs to have every moment of her life carefully planned in advance and believes that what's important in life is building a secure tomorrow?
>>
The tragic loss of his six year old son has caused Blake Callahan to lose his way in the world. He now lives only for todaywine, women and songhaving learned the hard way that no one is guaranteed a tomorrow. Could Victoria Templeton, a woman so busy worrying about tomorrow that she hasn't allowed any time in her life for today, be the one to help this deeply wounded man find his way back? And will Blake be able to help Vicki realize that she can't shut today out of her life without it costing her tomorrow?

PG EXCERPT #1:

He paused at the top with his hand on the banister as haunting memories from the past, stirred to the surface by Vicki's unexpected intrusion into his life, filled his mind. Retracing his steps, he entered his bedroom and closed the door behind him. He stood motionless in front of his closet for several seconds, then carefully took a box from the top shelf. It had been three months since he’d last looked at the contents of the box. He thought about Vicki. About the place inside him she had somehow managed to touch. A place he had carefully closed off and didn't want to acknowledge. A place where a little spark of life and emotion fought to survive.>>
> >
> >
Opening the box, he reached a trembling hand inside and withdrew a photograph. His gaze landed on the picture of the little boy waving from the swing. He picked up another photo, this one of himself with the same little boy flying a kite at the beach. Then he withdrew a piece of paper from the box, and a knot of emotion lodged in his throat. He unfolded the crayon drawing that showed a brightly colored kite flying in the blue sky. The words below it were printed in a childish scrawl.>>
> >
> >
I love you, Daddy.>>
> >
> >
Another twinge of despair stabbed Blake’s insides, but he quickly shoved it away. It had been two years since the painful loss of his six year-old son. He had easily dealt with the situation of his wife deserting him and abandoning their son when Bobby was only a year old. After all, the accidental pregnancy had been the only reason for their marriage, and she had not really wanted the baby. But losing his son had been almost more than he could handle. Bobby had been run down by a speeding car right in front of his eyes, and a gaping hole had been ripped in his heart. His plans for the future were cruelly snatched away, leaving him drifting aimlessly without purpose. His life had been put on hold. On that day, he’d stopped living. His life became nothing more than a day-to-day existence.>>
> >
> >
He could not bring himself to look at the other items in the box. Perhaps he would later. He carefully refolded the drawing and placed it back inside along with the photographs, then set the container on the dresser. Taking a steadying breath, he headed back to the living room. The sound of Vicki's voice brought him to a halt at the foot of the stairs.>>
> >
> >
"But I don't understand...this is the answering service? How can there not be anyone available to help me until Monday? What happened to the person I was speaking with just a little while ago? Someone was supposed to get back to me today. There's a man living in the house I rented, and he claims to have a lease. This situation must be cleared up immediately. All of my belongings are here. I don't have a car or any other means of moving my things again, and I have no place else to stay. I paid five months rent in advance…">>
> >
> >
Desperation filled her voice, touching Blake in ways that shocked him. He went straight to the desk and returned with the copy of his lease. Then he watched and listened as she concluded her conversation.>>
> >
> >
She seemed so distraught and in need of help. Again, a little flicker of life tried to warm that cold place deep inside him where he had locked away his emotions. The words caught in his throat, but he finally managed to force them out. "Vicki, I...">>