I'm thrilled to announce my Victorian romantic mystery, "It's Elementary, My Dear Winifred" has been picked up by Whimsical Publications. Right now, the tentative release date is late summer 2010.

Here is the working blurb:

"Winifred Merryweather loves mysteries. She believes her sleuthing abilities, while maybe not on par with London’s most brilliant detective, are nonetheless extremely capable. After all, when she meets with the members of her reading club at Lord Nelson Chatham’s estate, isn’t she the first to deduce the identity of the villain in the books they discuss?

But when the whole of her reading club, along with newspaper reporter Remington Hawthorne, is kidnapped and thrust into a mystery not of their choosing, Winifred must use every skill she possesses to uncover the clues. What is the truth behind the nightmarish scenario they find themselves in? Who is their abductor? Are the tricks and riddles which confront them merely a test of their initiative – or something more sinister?

And why do Remington’s flirtatious charms annoy her so maddeningly?

The answers don't come easily and Winifred soon learns that solving a real-life mystery is anything but "elementary".

And more news--this publisher wants this as the first of a series!