THE ORIGINAL CHEX MIX PARTY MIX
This is called 'Real Original' because it is based on the recipe taken directly off the back of a 1950s Chex cereal box. Oh, and Anthony wrote me as well - he says that margarine is the original, not butter. He says the mix tastes better with margarine.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
· 1/2 cup butter or margarine
· 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
· 1-1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
· 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
· 3 cups Wheat Chex square cereal
· 2 cups Rice Chex square cereal
· 1-1/2 cups peanuts
· 1-1/2 cups small pretzel rods
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Melt butter in a shallow pan. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and garlic salt (not garlic powder). Add Wheat Chex, Rice Chex, nuts (peanuts, pecans or cashews), and pretzel rods. Mix until all pieces are coated with the butter mixture.
Place on a shallow baking pan with sides. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool...enjoy!