Bitten By Books 5 Star Review
Beast Warrior: Viking Werewolf[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Eva/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] is the prequel to Eva Gordon’s Werewolf Sanctuary. The majority of the book takes place in ninth century France.>>
While hunting, Chanteloup, master alpha of all wolf packs in France, finds that his wolf maiden, Elinor, is about to deliver their child a month early. Emelisse is a runt with a frail heart, but the head of the Lupercal council prophesies that she will claim a mighty warrior as her alpha who will bring all the packs together. The prophecy also states that she will find a cure to the disease that causes her kind to go mad with rage. As a grown woman, Emelisse wants nothing more than to be a regular human. Emelisse has been raised by her father’s lover, Isabelle, since her mother died when she was four. She has fallen in love with a local peasant named Galien. Chanteloup, though, has already given permission to Radulf, the strongest alpha the right to claim his daughter. As she meets up with her human love, Galien, Radulf strikes and kills the young man. Chanteloup and Lupa, leader of the Lupercal council, allow Emelisse to go away for one year before she must mate with Radulf. Emelisse plans to run away, hide with the humans and never mess with werewolves again. Unfortunately, the place she runs off to is attacked by the bearshifters, and she is captured.>>
Siguard, Son of Gunnolf, is nineteen years old and already pack leader. When he was only four, Siguard watched as Bork The Mad, leader of the Bearshifters, killed his parents and siblings. He has sworn vengeance on the shifters known as the Beserkers. It has been told by their witches that he will find his wolf maiden in a far away land. Brynhild, Siguard’s sister, and three others are all that remains of his pack. Sadly, the plague takes out his sister and three remaining pack members. With nothing left in Norway, Siguard travels with a group of Viking raiders attacking along the coast of France. When he learns that the Beserkers are in France, he leaves to hunt down his sworn enemy. When he arrives at the Bearshifters’ camp, he notices that they have a wolf maiden captured. Instead of revenge, Siguard can only think about saving this beautiful woman from the Beserkers. The rest of Beast Warrior involves the fight to save the wolf packs in France from the Bearshifters and the romance between Siguard and Emelisse. The threats are not just from the Bearshifters, though, and Siguard must also deal with the mighty alpha wolf Radulf who still wants Emelisse to be his wolf maiden.>>
The story was well paced, and the romance between Siguard and Emelisse is great. There are plenty of huge battles that take place throughout the book and work well with the romance. The book ties in neatly with Werewolf Sanctuary. If you liked Eva Gordon’s writing from book one, then you won’t be disappointed with book two Beast Warrior Viking Werewolf. The third book White Wolf of Avalon[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Eva/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] will take place 400 years before the events of book two.>>
An amazing second story by an excellent author Reviewed by Elizabeth Foster
Title: Beast Warrior: Viking Werewolf
Author: Eva Gordon

Long ago in Europe, a very special girl was born. At her birth, a seer prophesied that through her, all the Lycan packs would unite, and a great evil would be defeated. She was also destined to be the mate of the greatest Lycan alpha, and theirs would be a love for all times.

Emelisse was a very special girl. Born prematurely, she was the treasured daughter of a powerful Lycan alpha and his beloved wolf maiden. Because of her early birth, she had always been protected, since her heart was weak. As she grew, Emelisse trained with the skilled Lycan healers, learning everything they could teach her. When her father arranged her marriage to an alpha she despised, Emelisse decided that she would run away, and live with the other humans. However, her plans went awry, and after a series of unfortunate events, she found herself captured by the fierce Viking Bearskins, who were known for their terrible cruelty. What would happen to Emelisse? Will she die at the hands of the enemy of her people, or does the goddess Feronia have greater things in store for her?

Sigurd had lived a very hard life. As one of the few Northern Wolfskins, he was the last of his pack. When his parents were killed by bearskins, he and his sister escaped. However, his sister was infected with a horrible disease that caused her to go insane, and murder dozens of people. Devastated by yet another loss, and vowing vengeance on the bears who had killed his parents, Sigurd left the Northland and joined a Viking crew, trying to track down the raiders who killed his family. When he finally found them, he discovered Emelisse, the woman destined to be his. Will Sigurd be able to move past his need for vengeance? Will Emelisse be able to help him save himself?

A riveting back story, an entertaining cast of secondary characters, and a meticulous attention to facts all help to make BEAST WARRIOR: VIKING WEREWOLF another entertaining story by Ms. Gordon. The story is very well written, the romance between Emelisse and Sigurd was sweetly romantic at times, and scorching in intensity at other times. The villains of the story are nasty, and fit very well with the historical context. The mental pictures conjured by the word "Viking" match the description of the bearskins very well. I also enjoyed the magical elements, especially the mythology. BEAST WARRIOR was an excellent second book for Ms Gordon, and I look forward to reading more of her wolf maiden stories. Well done! >>

5 Wings.

Vivid and immediate, 'Beast Warrior: Viking Werewolf' opens in Frankland in AD825 in a dark wood. Chanteloup is the Alpha of his Lycan werewolf pack, concerned for his pregnant mate Elinor, one of the wolf-maidens. The pack can shift from wolf to human at full moon. As Alpha, Chanteloup can do so any time, as can Elinor. He returns to his home to find Elinor in labor with their child. Elinor has a daughter Emelisse, who is destined for greatness and also Lycan, although her mother dislikes this. (Frowned on by the medieval church, Lycans must be secret in their beliefs and shiftings.)

The action moves to Scandia, where nineteen-year-old Sigurd is hoping to fight the Bear Men, mad shape-shifting Berserkers who butchered his family. A Lycan werewolf, Sigurd the Red is a rare red-pelted wolf and a mighty red-headed man. Intent on revenge against the Bear Men and waiting his chance, he goes Viking with humans.

We now see an adult Emelisse, who is about to be betrothed to Radulf, a cruel man and Lycan whom she does not want. She publicly rejects Radulf, but the two packs want the betrothal. Emelisse, who also fears she is pregnant by Galien, a human, feels she has no choice but to leave her father and flee.

Radulf pursues them and kills Galien. That act and her father's refusal to free her from the betrothal makes Emelisse determined to leave the werewolf world.

Her father agrees to help her protect her unborn child and leave the kingdom for a year. She goes to Lapurdum Abbey. Sadly, she loses the child and soon after the abby is attacked by Bear Men.

Captured, she is rescued by Sigurd, who claims her as his true mate. In their escape from the Bear men Sigurd is injured and she rescues him. That is only the start of their adventures and their deep love for each other.

Full of excitement and full-blooded action, 'Beast Warrior: Viking Werewolf' is a compelling, epic read that is also richly sensual. I believe lovers of historical romance and paranormal romance will both really enjoy this novel. I particularly found the Lycans and their alternative history, gods, magic and beliefs utterly fascinating. I know that 'Beast Warrior: Viking Werewolf' will stay with me for a long time.

Lindsay Townsend (Historical Romance Author)

Really 41/2 stars-wonderful mix of romance while still being true to the werewolf mythology[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Eva/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]
Beast Warrior: Viking Werewolf by Eva Gordon
Paranormal Romance
4 ½ Stars

Beast Warrior is the second book in the Wolf Maiden Chronicles series and even though it's the second book in the series it can easily be read on its own. This book has a wonderful mix of romance while still being true to the werewolf mythology.

As someone who isn't a big fan of the paranormal romance genre I wasn't sure what to expect from this book but was very delighted to discover that the story grabbed me immediately right from the beginning.

Beast Warrior takes place during the Viking Era and is the story of the Alpha male Lycan (werewolf) named Sigurd, son of Gunnolf. He desires to find the shape shifting berserker (a man who turns into a bear) called Bork the Mad and his son, Mord the Blood Claw. These Bersekers killed many of his family and most of his pack. But his sister Brynhild wishes for him to take an ulf hexen or wolf maiden. A human woman who is destined to be a pack leader's life mate. Brynhild wants to increase their pack instead. Unfortunately, things go disastrously wrong in the attempt and Sigurd loses his sister as well as the rest of his pack making him a lone wolf. He gives up any hope of finding a true life mate and heads out across the sea to seek revenge on the berserkers who killed his parents and brother.

Across the seas in the Frank Kingdom we meet Emelisse the daughter of a Alpha male who is a wolf maiden and despite being born a "runt" with a weak heart. She is promised by her father to Radulf the Third, an alpha lycan of a pack of powerful warriors but runs away with her human lover with disastrous results. She is captured by the beserker bear men where she luckily meets Sigurd who rescues her and claims her for himself. Despite their wish to live together among the humans they both have a destiny in the lycan world and are drawn back into it to save both their werewolf family as well as all of mankind.

Beast Warrior is an excellent story that is a fantastic mix of intriguing characters as well as a nicely developed story. Sigurd and Emelisse were both characters that made you like them right on the spot. In addition to the 2 main characters, the other cast members were vastly appealing and made me want to find out what will happen to them as well. I appreciated the author's ability to explain some of the werewolf mythology in a way so that someone unknown could understand it without making it too difficult and confusing.

All of these benefits make this an excellent book and one that will make you want to go out right away to get this author's other works!

Reviewed by Mary at the Bookaholics Romance Book Club >>

Eva Gordon's Beast Warrior: Viking Werewolf is the continuation to a great series![IMG]file:///C:/Users/Eva/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]
Now to my review of Eva Gordon's novel which I had such fun reading that I finished it up so quickly because I couldn't stop reading it that I didn't sleep until I completely finished reading it. Now in the novel Beast Warrior: Viking Werewolf which is a historical paranormal romance that takes place during the Viking Era of the Dark Ages. A time when only the strong survive which depicts alpha lycans and Sigurd, an alpha Norse wolfskin, son of Gunnolf the Red seeks revenge against shape shifting bearskins, Bork the Mad and his son, Mord the Blood Claw for the death of his parents and his older brother Guda. Orphaned, he has been raised by his older sister Brynhild, who convinces him to take a wolf maiden in order to increase their small pack. Despite the warning by Hungerd the wolf witch, he takes a farmer's new bride with tragic consequences which ends with his pack's demise and leads to the journey he has to take alone. He joins a long ship of Vikings until the day he can avenge his pack's demise as well as kill Bork and Mord for the death of his father and brother as well as his mother. Emelisse, a Frank wolf maiden, has been raised and educated in the classics, science, literature and languages by female lycans of the Lupercal. Born a runt with a weak heart her father has been overprotective but she refuses to be treated like a delicate vase and rebels by seeking out riding and falconry. Now at age the age of eighteen Emelisse frets that her father wants her to accept Radulf III the Cruel, an alpha lycan of a pack of powerful warriors. So she tries to run away with her human lover which ends in tragedy for all parties but also begins the journey to her destiny which was foretold the day of her birth. Viking werewolf, Sigurd rescues Emelisse, from the claws of the berserker bear men and when he finds out that she is has the 5 toed paw print on her hip he claims her as his ulf hexen or wolf maiden, but she wants to leave lycan society and live with humans. To complicate matters she has been called by her goddess Feronia to save the lycans from a dreaded disease and that means that she will have to stay in the lycan society if she wants her lycan family to survive was is foretold to be a disease that could wipe out both lycan and humans from the face of the earth if it is not stopped. Their union is wrought with great peril in a world where werewolves must battle against their own kind as well as their fierce enemy, the berserker bear men. Will Emelisse accept Sigurd a foreign lycan as her alpha mate? Sigurd vows to protect her from their enemies but how can he save her before she dies from her ailing heart? OMG and Wow! That is what I had to say when I finished reading Werewolf Sanctuary and it's exactly the same thing I had to say when I finished reading this novel because I couldn't believe how great a read it was. From the first page to the very last page, this novel tells of an entertaining journey into the the lycan world that will give you a thrill ride in this historical paranormal romance. At the end of the first novel we find that Wyatt and Madeline are researching about the past alpha lycans and their wolf maiden life mates and reading this novel was so much fun because it gave us a past story to compare with the past of the lycan race with the present of the lycan race. I also loved that I got to learn more about alpha lycan Lupa who we only got to know a little about in the first book as a retiring alpha lycan leader of the Lurpercal. Now in this book we see her as a younger alpha lycan who is close to Emmelise and is trying to save the lycan race from a disease that is going to wipe out their race if they don't find the cure soon. Beast Warrior: Viking Werewolf has more than enough romance, dangerous journies for both Sigurd and Emmelise that leads to plot twits and turns to give readers a page turner with satisfying experience. I very much look forward to more of Eva Gordon's wonderful Wolf Maiden Chronicles series especially her next book in the series which is a historical paranormal romance called, White Wolf of Avalon.>>

> >

>>