Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Default Do you prefer ebooks or printed books?

As ebooks are becoming the new wave of reading with awesome new technology like the new nook, sony and kindle eReaders, there are still die-hard readers who prefer the traditional printed books.
    So are you someone who loves the convenience of downloading an ebook? Does the instant gratification give you a junkie-shot of "retail therapy"? Does the thought of saving the environment, knowing you are making a difference by saving paper and ink make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside? Or maybe you love the thought of buying a book cheaper, so you can get more bang for your buck? Who wouldn't love more romance stories?
    Or are you a person who loves to roam the colorful aisles of bookstores. The smell of newly printed-paper filling your senses. Or when you reach the last page of the book, you can lovingly run your fingers over the embossed romantic cover and sigh with gratification.
    So which do you prefer when reading a romance novel? Ebooks or printed books?
    Electronic format or paper, a good novel is worth every penny.

For your choice of ebook or print, my erotic Celtic romance, Witch Hunter is available online now.

Witch Hunter
    Entwined Fates…Forbidden Love
    Commissioned as an Inquisitor, Lord Lachlan Fairbairn is a skilled Witch Hunter feared throughout Scotland. When King James VI sent him to investigate a noble lady with wild golden hair and an untamed spirit, his instincts warns she is guilty of witchcraft. With mystery and intrigue surrounding the beautiful lass, he could not resist her luring charm beneath her protected heart. Torn between his forbidden desires and royal duty, can he make the impossible decision?
    Outcast from her clan, Lady Rhiannon Campbell struggles with conflicting powers. Half good witch and half evil sorceress, she battles to control the darkness within for fear of plunging Scotland into chaos and death. With time working against Rhiannon, she has to rid herself of the seductive Inquisitor or face the horrific torture of the King’s dungeons. Can she endure a broken heart and a gruesome death to save her family? Or will she protect her enchanted secret and force herself to slay…the Witch Hunter?
    Ebook link:
    http://www.resplendencepublishing.co...-201-300-401-5
    Print on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Witch-Hunter-B...3199817&sr=1-4
    May you have a magical read!
    Lyn Armstrong
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

I love ebooks now that I have an ebook reader. But I also do like print books as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmedGirl View Post
    I love ebooks now that I have an ebook reader. But I also do like print books as well.
    Hey Bec, how much did you pay for your eReader? I was trying to find one for my mom in Australia, but found they were so expensive down there. Have their prices come down?

Lyn
    xoxo

Awards Showcase

My mum bought mine when she was in the states in April. I love it.

My mum bought mine when she was in the states in April. I love it.
    Do you recharge it with a US/AUS adaptor? And do you have any problems downloading the ebooks?

If it works okay for you, I'll buy my mum one from the USA as well.

Lyn
    xoxo

Awards Showcase

I have a Sony reader. I charge it through my laptop which is relatively easy.

But sometimes I have trouble downloading some books. Although it's nothing major. It's just that at times a book will not show the actual name of the book. It might say something like Microsoft Word - then the books name. Or sometimes the author mightn't show. But apart from that, it works really well.

Oh good, so a Sony is good then? I'll remember that for my mom.

Have a Merry Xmas, hon!

Lyn
    xoxo

I have a Sony reader. I charge it through my laptop which is relatively easy.

But sometimes I have trouble downloading some books. Although it's nothing major. It's just that at times a book will not show the actual name of the book. It might say something like Microsoft Word - then the books name. Or sometimes the author mightn't show. But apart from that, it works really well.

Awards Showcase

Hope you have a merry one as well Lyn.

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

I love ebooks and i have a sony as well ( also from the US ) and other then the few problems Bec has mentioned it is amazing.

but there are some books that i have to have in paper as well I have all but the last book in the series of celtic witch books in paper and ebook. so i cant say which is best but i can say for me anyway ebooks are cheaper especially as i read alot of teh smaller publishers that dont have distributors in the UK.

mmm maybe i should start a book store for the smaller US publishers
    Hugs
    Hollie

Awards Showcase

Ebooks are cheaper for me as well. That's why I love my sony ebook reader.