Hybrid View

Reading: Reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyer and Writing a Sexy New Sci-Fi Erotic Romance!

Awards Showcase

Default Snow at Disney...And We Ran a Half-Marathon In It!

Just got back from Walt Disney World, where it is was freezing degrees! My hubby and I kept checking the weather report before we went and every time we did, it just got colder. When they showed snow, sleet and freezing rain for the morning of the half-marathon, we couldn't believe it, but we figured we better wear a few extra layers anyway. Well, we get up at 2:15 AM, yes I said AM, to grab a bagel and catch the bus to Epcot, where the race started, and sure enough, it was freezing cold and snowing! Okay, so we don't usually run if it's too cold, but we signed up, so we were going to run it and we did! We wore three shirts, including an Under Armour Cold Gear one, a zip-up hoodie, and wore two pairs of running pants! Honestly, the snow wasn't that bad, but when it turned to sleet, then freezing rain about two miles into the run, that wasn't really too fun. I mean, we had fun, but I could have done without the wintry mix, thank you very much! LOL!

*hugs* Paige
    USA Today Bestselling Author
    "Hunky Heroes, Kickbutt Heroines, Unforgettable Romance!"

PROTECTIVE CUSTODY; SANTA'S WAYWARD ELF; LIBRARIAN BY DAY; DEAD SEXY; THE BUCKLE BUNNIES SERIES; THE BADGE BUNNIES SERIES; RIDE 'EM HARD; TEAM ROPING; RIDE OF HER LIFE; HANDS-ON TRAINING; RIDE-ALONG; A COP, HIS WIFE AND HER BEST FRIEND; TWO COPS, A GIRL AND A PAIR OF HANDCUFFS; SADIE AND HER COWBOY; MORE THAN A COWBOY; SEDUCING OFFICER BARLOWE; AND THE RANCH HAND MAKES THREE; KARLEIGH'S COWBOYS; SECURITY RISK; & THE POSTMAN ALWAYS COMES TWICE on Kindle, Nook & ARe!

Website Blog MySpace Facebook Twitter
    Reading: The Devil in The White City, Full Metal Alchemist
    Just Finished Reading: Multitasking on Caleb, Leviathan, 1462: When China discovered America
    TBR: 1000+

Awards Showcase

wow...

you Go, Girl!

:D
    www.sherylnantus.com

"Blaze of Glory" - now available from Samhain Publishing
    "Heroes Without, Monsters Within" - coming in January 2012 from Samhain Publishing

"Wild Cards and Iron Horses" - now available from Samhain Publishing
    Reading: Reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyer and Writing a Sexy New Sci-Fi Erotic Romance!

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Sheryl Nantus View Post
    wow...

you Go, Girl!

:D
    LOL! Thanks!

*hugs*
    Paige

PROTECTIVE CUSTODY; SANTA'S WAYWARD ELF; LIBRARIAN BY DAY; DEAD SEXY; THE BUCKLE BUNNIES SERIES; THE BADGE BUNNIES SERIES; RIDE 'EM HARD; TEAM ROPING; RIDE OF HER LIFE; HANDS-ON TRAINING; RIDE-ALONG; A COP, HIS WIFE AND HER BEST FRIEND; TWO COPS, A GIRL AND A PAIR OF HANDCUFFS; SADIE AND HER COWBOY; MORE THAN A COWBOY; SEDUCING OFFICER BARLOWE; AND THE RANCH HAND MAKES THREE; KARLEIGH'S COWBOYS; SECURITY RISK; & THE POSTMAN ALWAYS COMES TWICE on Kindle, Nook & ARe!

4. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

OMG!! That's awesome that you still ran the half-marathon! Did you get a medal for participating? Hopefully you or your hubby get didn't get sick from running in the weather.

My cousin ran the full marathon and she came home sick as a dog. She went to work yesterday, but she stayed home in bed with Nyquil on the side table. She wants to go to CA to Disneyland to run the other marathon so she can get some kind of pin or another medal or something like that.
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by IrishWolf View Post
    OMG!! That's awesome that you still ran the half-marathon! Did you get a medal for participating? Hopefully you or your hubby get didn't get sick from running in the weather.

My cousin ran the full marathon and she came home sick as a dog. She went to work yesterday, but she stayed home in bed with Nyquil on the side table. She wants to go to CA to Disneyland to run the other marathon so she can get some kind of pin or another medal or something like that.
    I'm hoping we don't! We tried to stay as dry as we could. And yup, we got medals. They're really cute! They have Donald Duck on them!

Hope your cousin feels better!

*hugs*
    Paige