Reading: Too many to count Gena Showalter, Roxanne St. Claire, Jennifer Armintrout
    TBR: 10000

Awards Showcase

Default Baked pork chops in white sauce

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-P...ullRecipe&me=1

PREP: 30 MIN COOK: 1 1/2 HRS. TOTAL: 2 HRS.

Ingredients

• 6 pork chops
    • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
    • 2 egg, beaten
    • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    • 2 cups Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
    • 4 tablespoons olive oil
    • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
    • 1/2 cup milk
    • 1/3 cup white wine
    Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. Rinse pork chops, pat dry, and season with garlic powder and seasoning salt to taste. Place the beaten eggs in a small bowl. Dredge the pork chops lightly in flour, dip in the egg, and coat liberally with bread crumbs.
    3. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the pork chops 5 minutes per side, or until the breading appears well browned. Transfer the chops to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover with foil.
    4. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. While baking, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk and white wine in a medium bowl. After the pork chops have baked for an hour, cover them with the soup mixture. Replace foil, and bake for another 30 minutes.
    One suggestion from a recipe reviewer is this:

I took some advice from previous reviewers and made sure that I fried the chops until the outside was very crispy (make sure the oil is hot before adding the chops, makes a difference in how tender they turn out). I also doubled the gravy, and used 1 can cream of mushroom and 1 can golden mushroom. That really helped keep the dish from having that "some kind of meat covered w/cream of mushroom soup" taste. I also sauteed some fresh mushrooms in the pan I'd cooked the pork in and added them to the soup mixture. I added some extra garlic and just a couple dashes of cayenne. I cooked the chops for 20/20.....needed less cooking time I think cause I'd browned them so well. Turned out wonderful!
  2. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

I'm not really a chops girl, but this sounds good. My dad would probably love it thought. I may make it for him sometime.
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.
    Reading: Wall Street Journal to realign portfolio
    Just Finished Reading: Lisa See's Shanghai Girls
    TBR: three

Awards Showcase

Default Pork Chops ie food

I am a foodie and love the recipe for the pork chops, thank you.

If anyone's in the mood for pasta, check out the recipe on my website for pesto. It's in the blabs sectionsof NAN'S PLAN. This recipe was created by a writer friend and chef. Yum. Okay, so I'm blowing the carb-free part of my New Year's resolution. Shoot me. web site is http://nandarnold.com

Best
    Nan D Arnold
    Reading: Too many to count Gena Showalter, Roxanne St. Claire, Jennifer Armintrout

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by nandarnold View Post
    I am a foodie and love the recipe for the pork chops, thank you.

If anyone's in the mood for pasta, check out the recipe on my website for pesto. It's in the blabs sectionsof NAN'S PLAN. This recipe was created by a writer friend and chef. Yum. Okay, so I'm blowing the carb-free part of my New Year's resolution. Shoot me. web site is http://nandarnold.com

Best
    Nan D Arnold
    I love finding and trying new recipes. Otherwise we have the same old same old. Spaghetti, goulash, tacos, pancakes, biscuits & gravy etc etc. Seems every week is the same.

I don't do NY resolutions because I usually break them on the first day!

Thanks for the recipe for pesto.

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by IrishWolf View Post
    I'm not really a chops girl, but this sounds good. My dad would probably love it thought. I may make it for him sometime.
    Yeah I don't much care for chops either. But this really does look good. Don't know if you checked the allrecipe link but it does have a picture of the dish.