Thread: jasmine

Hybrid View

1. Char

Default jasmine

I have a jasmine bush that my DH gave me for my anniversary last year. It blooms and dies off in a matter of hours. Im not sure what to do with it. I love the scent. It's my favorite, and I planted in right under my kitchen window so I could smell it... but ...

Can anyone tell me what might be causing this? We live in Orlando Florida, and it is hot, windy and we have afternoon showers all summer long. I love this plant and want it to be healthy. Help!

Char
  2. jennzilla

Default Re: jasmine

Maybe its getting wind or sun burn. Seriously. When you take bushes home from the nursery in the back end, they can get wind burned and die. Do you have some place that you can move it so it has shade? My mother has a jasmine that has partial shade and it goes nuts every year. She has a green thumb though, and can grow anything. I always give her plants and outside things for birthdays and mother's day.
    Reading: The Shadow of Your Smile - Mary Higgins Clark
    Just Finished Reading: Mistress of the Game by Sidney Sheldon. It was okay - written by another author and missing his per

Awards Showcase

hey! Jasmine is my little girl's name and I keep looking for a Jasmine bush/tree/flower, whatever they have, but can't find one here. Send me a picture, will you? Pretty please?

Lori
    "THE CONFESSION" - A father's startling confession makes one woman face a past she longs to forget - by trusting the one man who forces her to face it.

5 Angels from Fallen Angel Reviews!!
    NOW AVAILABLE AT www.champagnebooks.com or www.fictionwise. com
  4. Char

Quote Originally Posted by loridbingley
    hey! Jasmine is my little girl's name and I keep looking for a Jasmine bush/tree/flower, whatever they have, but can't find one here. Send me a picture, will you? Pretty please?

Lori
    I will, I promise. WHEN I can get the silly thing to bloom. It has shade all morning long, but then has afternoon sun. I really hate to move it cause I love the scent that comes in the window when it does bloom.

Any other ideas before Im forced to move it would be appreciated.

Char
  5. jennzilla

Here is a link on growing Jasmine
    http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC1106.htm

6. Char

Quote Originally Posted by jennzilla
    Here is a link on growing Jasmine
    http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC1106.htm

Thanks Jenn. I'll take a look at it.

Char