DEJA VU by Samantha Gentry is available from the Crimson Rose line of romantic mystery/suspense at The Wild Rose Press. Following is the blurb and G-rated excerpt #2. www.thewildrosepress.com

Blurb: When Alexandra Caldwell is hired by a reclusive author to research the thirty-year-old disappearance of a big name newspaper tycoon and his wife, she wasn't sure what she would discover. As she embarks on this project, she finds herself in the middle of a series of frightening events and an unexpected attraction to Gable Talbot, the current owner of Skull Island where the disappearances occurred...a man with a magnetic sex appeal and a past as mysterious as the case she's researching. Will she be able to do the job she was hired for, or has she stumbled too close to the truth?

Excerpt #2:
> >
She forced out the words that tried to choke off in her throat. “Who is Gable Talbot? Who are you?”
>>
> >
He turned and stared out the window, his gaze falling on the ocean without really focusing on it. What to do. How much to tell her. He had known the time would come when he had to confide the truth to her, especially after they spent an incredible night making love. A night that had a remarkable impact on his life. A night that confirmed his involvement with her had moved beyond the physical to encompass the emotional as well. But he had not been prepared for her to confront him the very next day and certainly not with the knowledge of his deception about his identity.
>>
> >
Divulge his entire plan to her? Confess his true identity while holding back the details of his scheme? He had never felt so torn between two opposing ends of one reality. Even as a teenager he knew what had to be done. For twenty-five years he had pursued a single-minded course of action and long range plan aimed at one, and only one, conclusion. A plan that included his one and only long time ally and confidant.
>>
> >
And now he stood there, staring out the window and wondering what to do. He tried to shake off his rapidly growing apprehension. He had no option other than to trust her with the truth. At least part of it…for the time being. He turned to face her, but stayed more than arm’s length away. He could not allow his desire for her to cloud his thinking and touching her would do just that.
>>
> >
A sigh of resignation escaped his throat. “You’re putting me in a position I wasn’t quite ready to accept in spite of the fact that I’ve given it considerable thought over the last day or so. I wanted to be honest with you.” He tried to calm his rattled nerves, but without much success. “What I’m about to tell you must be kept in the strictest of confidence. The seriousness of what’s going on here…the importance of all this can’t be emphasized too much. There cannot be any exceptions. I need to have your absolute promise of discretion and complete secrecy.” >>