I am sorry that it took so long to get this posted. This may not be the correct way to do this but I gave it a shot.

How in the world had she gotten separated from her friends? Emelia craned her neck to find the top of Sonja and Jarvis’s heads. She jumped up to try and see over the crowd. They were having some kind of parade in the middle of Bourbon Street. It was so crowded she couldn’t even tell how far into Bourbon she was. There they were, thank God, she weaved in and out of people to catch up with them. The two heads made a left turn, she wondered where they were going. Emelia didn’t have a clue but she was almost to them. She took a left too and turned onto a side street. She walked halfway down the street before she realized she was alone. She was so drunk, way too many hurricanes and then a few too many hand grenades. Obviously, she had not seen them go down this alley or they would be here now. A noise to the right caught her attention making the hair raise on her neck.

From behind the garbage cans came three figures with hoodies pulled close around their faces. In their hands were what looked like ball bats. The expression on their faces said they meant business. She tried to think through the liquor induced stupor, but it just wasn’t working. What to do? Run, she thought but didn’t make it far before the first assailant had her pinned face first on the rancid, damp street. One of the hooded figures snatched her purse so hard the strap broke free from her arm. Her shoulder burned like someone had stuck a hot poker in her joint. He must have dislocated her shoulder. She felt his hot breath as he panted in her ear and she tried to fight but he had her pinned firmly to the asphalt. This was it she thought, she was going to die right here on this nasty street in New Orleans. The monster behind her must have grown tired of her fighting, because next thing she knew it was lights out.

Gabriel De Laroux had admired the beautiful brown haired woman from a safe distance. He could see that she was not like the other women in the bar. He could feel the aura she put off around her. He wanted to put his hands in her long, brown, wavy hair. Her scent was intoxicating and he wanted to breath her all in. . It had been a decade since a woman had affected him the way this stranger did. Gabe tried to remain inconspicuous while he stared at her but their gazes met, but then the contact was interrupted by a group of people. Finally they moved, but she was gone. He moved from his seat and walked out the door of the bar to find her. Damn, he thought to himself and sniffed the air for a hint of her direction. He followed the faint scent in the air and found himself half way down Bourbon Street. Motion and sound from a side street caught his attention. There she was, the female from the bar and she was being robbed by three boys.

“Hey!” Gabe shouted, his canines extended and he let out a fierce growl, stalking his prey like a jungle cat. He moved in on the three slowly and then attacked. He had the sitch under control in minutes. These nit wits were no match for his strength and speed. Gabe was a vampire and had been for almost two hundred years. He rolled the young woman to her back. She was unconscious and had a really nasty head gash, probably had a skull fracture. Pulling a small knife from his pocket, Gabe made a thin gash across the artery in his wrist and pressed it to her mouth.
Emelia felt something warm running down her throat and began to choke on the thick substance. She began to fight again.

“Hey baby, its okay you are safe now. Just relax you are not in danger anymore.” said her rescuer.

Emelia was half conscious half out of it but her internal instincts told her she was safe. She relaxed her body and allowed the blackness to consume her.

Emelia’s head was pounding, she had the worst hangover she had ever had in all her days of drinking. Boom, boom, boom it was as if she had a percussion section in her head. She slowly cracked open her eyes which only made it worse. As her vision cleared, Emelia scanned the room and tried to jump from the bed only to fall backwards from the pain. Where in the hell was she, she wondered. Breathing in deeply, she closed her eyes the pain easing slightly with her eyes closed. She heard the faint shuffle of feet on the floor and attempted to open her eyes again.

“I brought you some Tylenol and here is some water. I wasn’t able to introduce myself to you last night. My name is Gabriel De Laroux, I rescued you last night in the alley right off Bourbon. You took quite a beating.”

“Well that explains the killer headache, so where am I and long have I been here?”

“My house and a couple days.” Gabe said.

“A couple days, my friends must be worried sick.”

“No I explained the situation.”

“Umm yeah, so I am suppose to believe that you convinced my two best friends to allow me to stay here with you and not go to the hospital. Is this like some twisted joke or something? I’m leaving now.” Emelia said.

Now that her eyes had adjusted to her light, Emelia was able to see the man in a different light. He was absolutely gorgeous, the most beautiful man she had ever seen in her life. His milk chocolate skin had a strange luminescent glow to it. His hair was braided back in perfect corn row braids. His body was as if it had been chiseled from marble.