Just Finished Reading: Forbidden Slave Marked by Moonlight
    TBR: 7

Awards Showcase

Default The Devil's Heel - Reviews

The Devil’s Heel
    Keta Diablo
    Male/Male – Noble Romance, http://www.nobleromance.com
    FIVE STARS!

Rogan Brockport is entitled to the rage he feels for being pushed out and left by his lover, Drew Hibbard. When word comes from higher authority that the young widower may very well be in peril on a suicidal mission to avenge his dead wife, Rogan accepts money and embroils himself in the situation. Hurt and resentment flow from him, though not as much as the physical attraction he still can’t deny for Drew. His only question is why, and he’s demanding that question be answered.

Drew Hibbard loved Rogan until he witnessed something that tore his heart from his chest, and sent him running to wed the opposite sex. When his eyes fell upon his lover once again, the present ceased to exist and all he could remember was the past they shared.

On the ship The Devil’s Heel the two are forced to come to terms with their split. Unresolved personal issues between Drew and Rogan were placed on hold, and those guilty of transgressions paid for their deeds.
    When the truth came to light, only forgiveness and a healing love could hold them together and save them from uncertain danger lurking around the bend. The importance of life and seizing every opportunity of a future came to light.

The Devils Heel by Keta Diablo took me for a ride on the rough seas. I entered the lives of Rogan and Drew and held my breath for the fast paced ride of my life. Revenge mixed with passion and miscommunication endeared me to the two men struggling to find their way back to one another. I hoped they’d find a way to communicate in and out of the sheets. Holding my breath wasn’t in vain. I give this scorching read FIVE stars and a recommended read, and will be picking it up again.

Hales3000, Goodreads

ANOTHER FIVE STAR!

Keta Diablo has done it again with the engaging characters of Rogan and Drew. From the moment they meet again to the very end, I couldn't put the book down. The story was exciting and the love between the two men was compelling.

The descriptions put me at the Governor's Ball and on "The Devil's Heel," right down to the rocking of ship during the storm.

Kudos to a fine author, whose books I look forward to reading long before they ever come out. Hats off to another winner.

~ Tina Ordone ~

Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

Congratulations on the great review Keta.

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

Congratulations on your book and review
    Hugs
    Hollie

Reading: To Win With A Stranger

Awards Showcase

The Devil’s Heel
    Keta Diablo
    Noble Romance Publishing buy link: https://www.nobleromance.com/ItemDisplay.aspx?i=122
    61 Pages

4.5 STARS
    Michele N’ Jeff’s Reviews
    http://michelenjeff-reviews.blogspot...628af891004a22

Blurb:
    Five years ago Drew Hibbard dismissed Rogan Brockport from his life. Now, they meet again at the Governor’s Ball and Rogan will know the reason for the abrupt, unexplained cut. After Rogan saves Drew’s life during a pirate raid, he kidnaps him and the perfect opportunity to extract answers from Drew is finally at hand.

Review:
    Why do I get so excited when I see that Ms. Diablo has a new book available? Maybe it’s because I just know her characters are going to grab me into their world and take me on an adventure, one that I won’t want to end. On the other hand, maybe it’s because I know that at least one of her characters is so very Alpha with real feelings. Whatever the reason is, I was thrilled when given the chance to meet Rogan and Drew.

At the start of The Devil’s Heel I met Rogan, (I love this name) at a ball of some sort, and I learned that his obsession was a man named Drew, who recently lost his wife to a band of nasty pirates. Rogan and Drew have a past, which spans back five years before the time I met them at the party.

There’s a lot of hurt in both men, however, neither knows what the other is hurting over until later in the story and that is just one element that kept me glued to this lovely little piece in one sitting. Rogan is beyond angry with Drew for marrying a woman. He visualizes the man he loved having sex with her and he let that anger eat at him for five long years. I mean, imagine this. One day you’re happily in love with the person of your dreams, the next you’re not admitted into said person’s home, and out of his/her life for good. In this case, Rogan being kept away from Drew and he had no clear idea why. Next thing he knows, Drew’s married to a woman. That must have done a number on poor Rogan.

Rogan is assigned the job to protect Drew and in order to accomplish this, he must join the band of pirates that raped and killed Drew’s wife. But before he does this, he sneaks into Drew’s room and…Not telling you what happens there, you’ll have to read it and see the heat between these two men. No matter how hurt Rogan and Drew are, the passion between them is hotter than hell. It is in this scene that Rogan begins to question why Drew went and married. If Drew had answered then, I think the book would have ended and I’m so glad he didn’t.

Before I knew it, Rogan joins that band of rotten pirates and ends up kidnapping Drew. I felt sorry for them both for different reasons. Drew has every right to be angry, or so he thinks and Every time these two managed to be in the same room, the pages did indeed heat up.

The characters very well drawn out, the story, well told, and I loved my time with them on the ship and on the open pirate infested waters and loads of D/s sex scenes. I love a happy ending and this story did not disappoint.

Review by Michele

Awards Showcase

Default The Devil's Heel - another FIVE -STAR Review

Title: The Devil’s Heel

Author: Keta Diablo
    Publisher: Noble Romance Publishing
    Publication Date: 2010
    ISBN: 978-1-60592-103-7
    Genre: MALE/MALE Length: 66 Pages

BUY HERE: https://www.nobleromance.com/ItemDisplay.aspx?i=122
    Author Web site: http://www.ketadiablo.com
    Rating: 5 Diamonds
    Heat Level: Erotic
    Other: anal/oral play, BDSM, GLBT,
    Reviewer: Kate Richards
    Date:5/18/10

Rogan Brockport has missed Drew Hibbard for every day of the several years since Drew suddenly ended their relationship and married a woman. Anger, loss, sadness, the emotions that he carries with him color his every day. Why did Drew do that?

When the governor of Virginia enlists Rogan’s help in stopping Drew from certain death in avenging his wife’s death, Rogan sets sail, facing the bloodiest of pirates in a battle at sea that could leave one or both of the men no more than fish food. But the pirates have nothing on facing the pain of his broken heart.

Keta Diablo’s characters have a depth not often found in such a short m/m story. While they have intense chemistry and the intimate scenes are written with passion and the fireworks such a relationship generates, their emotions are not neglected. I love a good swashbuckler, and this certainly qualifies. I also love a writer who can make me share the feelings of her characters as the story unfolds.

Tales of pirates and their tall-sailed ships are always romance classics, for good reason. Keta Diablo lets us hear the creaking of the sails as her characters deal with their past and their uncertain futures.

Posted by GOT EROTIC ROMANCE? at

Labels: Kate Richards, Keta Diablo, Noble Romance, The Devil's Hee

Awards Showcase

Default Five Stars for THE DEVIL'S HEEL (Pirates!)

The Devil’s Heel, Keta Diablo
    Buy HERE; https://www.nobleromance.com/ItemDisplay.aspx?i=122

FIVE STARS!

Rogan Brockport is entitled to the rage he feels for being pushed out and left by his lover, Drew Hibbard. When word comes from higher authority that the young widower may very well be in peril on a suicidal mission to avenge his dead wife, Rogan accepts money and embroils himself in the situation. Hurt and resentment flow from him, though not as much as the physical attraction he still can’t deny for Drew. His only question is why, and he’s demanding that question be answered.

Drew Hibbard loved Rogan until he witnessed something that tore his heart from his chest, and sent him running to wed the opposite sex. When his eyes fell upon his lover once again, the present ceased to exist and all he could remember was the past they shared.

On the ship The Devil’s Heel the two are forced to come to terms with their split. Unresolved personal issues between Drew and Rogan were placed on hold, and those guilty of transgressions paid for their deeds.

When the truth came to light, only forgiveness and a healing love could hold them together and save them from uncertain danger lurking around the bend. The importance of life and seizing every opportunity of a future came to light.

The Devils Heel by Keta Diablo took me for a ride on the rough seas. I entered the lives of Rogan and Drew and held my breath for the fast paced ride of my life. Revenge mixed with passion and miscommunication endeared me to the two men struggling to find their way back to one another. I hoped they’d find a way to communicate in and out of the sheets. Holding my breath wasn’t in vain. I give this scorching read FIVE stars and a recommended read, and will be picking it up again.

Hales3000, Goodreads