Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bedding Plants

I really like the herb idea. You could do a variety of herbs. Oregano, basil, mint and the list is endless.

Talking

Oh Karenne, Bob use to love tulips, our youngest got in the beds one day and thought she would dig the bulbs up, bad bad idea, you should have seen the look on Bob's face

okay I have trouble bending so I took some seeds for tomatoes and put them in a big pot on my front porch, they are growing but should I plant them into the ground???

Linda
    Reading: Legend Hunter by Jennifer McKenzie
    Just Finished Reading: The entire Black Dagger Brotherhood series
    TBR: 25

Awards Showcase

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by maura View Post
    I am looking for something different to plant this year. Hopefully before I go to raid my brother's greenhouses. He specializes in impatiens, though he has lots of other stuff, and I am so tired of impatiens. Anyone have any ideas? I live in the Northeast, Long Island's East End.
    Hi! *waves* I haven't been on the forum often, but I can't resist a gardening question. My EDJ, which isn't that evil, is writing about plants and flowers. I've also been gardening since... well, for a long time. : )So how much sun does your garden get? I'd love to suggestion tons of perennials for your garden.

Lynne

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Karenne View Post
    I planted 150 tulips this year. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment...but they look beaufitul! You should add some of those!

150 tulips? Wow, that would be beautiful! I love tulips but they don't grow in my climate. It doesn't get cold enough, long enough, in the winter.

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Linda L Lattimer View Post
    Oh Karenne, Bob use to love tulips, our youngest got in the beds one day and thought she would dig the bulbs up, bad bad idea, you should have seen the look on Bob's face

okay I have trouble bending so I took some seeds for tomatoes and put them in a big pot on my front porch, they are growing but should I plant them into the ground???

Linda
    I hope you don't mind me sticking my nose in. : ) As long as your pot is big enough to allow for the tomato plant's roots, you can keep it in the pot. Container gardening is a wonderful way to grow many vegetables.

Planted impatients two weeks ago and its rained almost daily since then. I'll check on them today since the forecast shows no rain for three days and today has a blue sky, so I'm cheering but ....here I sit, in front of the computer. I know there's a ball and chain here somewhere! I need to find the key so I can get outside for some sun!

And that's another thing.....looking like Casper. If I don't get some color soon, I'll scare away those on the beach or they'll send me packing because only those with a tan are allowed! ouch!

Ok, off I go with my snippers to trim some bushes and look after my new impatients. Looking forward to them getting full and filling the space they're in! Bye all - hope your flowers are taking off too!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12