Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battle Dancer

Now three chapters in, and with some venue changes as well to keep the plot firmed up. Had to set aside a chapter's worth of writing, but this is par for the course when you realize something's not working. Other than that, I try not to look back too much. First drafts are sort of like being chased by zombies in that way.

Kerry

It happened - the first character driven plot change. This is something I would expect on the second draft, but lo and behold there is going to be a much deeper romantic arc to this novel than anticipated as a certain fiance has had enough of my main character's mindset by chapter six. I love it when characters make mistakes - especially Mikial. This one she will sorely regret. Wish I could say more, but spoilers are spoilers.

Kerry

Just passed the 60k mark with the first draft. This is significant as my last novel's first draft only made it this far - promising a much larger work this time. In other news, the story arc has enjoyed yet another tilt - a very dark one this time as my main character is in a long slide toward a much-feared version of herself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12