Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exotic Foods

Reading: "The Hour Before Dark" by Douglas Clegg
    Just Finished Reading: "Portent" by James Herbert
    TBR: Lots!
    On the Massachusetts coast, next to the ocean, with my husband and four cats..

Awards Showcase

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cara Bristol View Post
    I've had quite a few game meats including elk, venison (deer), moose, wild turkey, and a wild boar. What's great about game meat is it's naturally low in fat, even better than chicken. I've also had crocodile, squid, escargot and frog legs. I'd like to try ostrich. I hear it's a red meat that's low in fat.
    Ostrich is very tasty and yes it's low in fat. I had an ostrich burger a few years ago. I've also like you had venison, squid, escargot and frog legs. Other tasty game meats I've had are turtle (turtle soup - tastes like beef to me), buffalo (sweeter than beef), quail and pheasant. I love game.

Elizabeth Black
    It's Time For Hot, Screeching Monkey Sex!
    Elizabeth Black - Blog
    Elizabeth Black - Facebook
    Elizabeth Black - Twitter

I ate chocolate covered ants once (on a dare) crunchy is best I can remember but I wouldn't do it again. And, no, did not taste like chicken!
    Nan

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Black View Post
    I would love to eat ants someday. I hear they taste like lemon because of the formic acid.
    Then you'd love going to Colombia, where they serve them roasted They take off the feet and tummy, and make you eat 'em whole. Taste like peanuts, lol.

Nan, have you heard of Kopi Luwak? After The Bucket List movie, I'd been thinking of trying it if I ever find it...

Last year I ate roasted snake (we were camping). Weirdly, tasted like grilled chicken.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Gotta say, once was enough for me and the chocolate saved me.
    Nan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12