Reading: Modern Day Vampires: Vampire 101 by Paige Tyler
    Just Finished Reading: Training the Receptionist by Juniper Bell
    TBR: 10+

Awards Showcase

Default Any healthy eaters out there?

I want my food to be tasty (who doesn't?), but my basic philosophy about food is that its purpose is to nourish the body and sustain health. If what you're eating shortens your lifespan, it kind of defeats the purpose of eating food.

I almost never eat fast food. I eat a low fat, low sugar, high fiber diet. I eat chicken, fish, only occasionally beef or pork. I eat a lot of fruits, vegetables and whole-grains.

My heathly eating evolved over time, first by cutting back on fat, then adding more fiber, and now I've been watching my sugar intake.

Anybody else out there a health eater?
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

I'm trying to eat healthier right now because I have to. Though sometimes I seem to slip up because I love chocolate too much. LOL

Default Healthy eater

I'm a healthy eater but not because I want to I have to due to medical issues. Bummer. Sign me a former carb queen who likes her red meat med rare and sugar just about anyway she can get it.
    Nan D Arnold

I'm a carb junkie, I must admit. But I try to cut back as much as I can, only eating them in the morning (my cereal, then a fiber packed cracker as a morning snack). For the rest of the day, yogurt, meats and veggies for moi.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.

Like the quote but..suffering is not my thing, over indulgence works for me.
    Nan

Awards Showcase

I was having a rough time last year, and decided on a whim to move from vegetarian to vegan. But that was a disaster. Yes, I had cut all cholesterol from my diet but I was still eating processed and packaged foods. I eat mostly a whole-foods diet now. Tofutti ice cream is a weakness of mine, but I can count on one hand how many times a month I eat a prepackaged or "fast" food meal.

Weight-wise I haven't lost so much as a pound, but physically I feel a lot better. My skin is clearing up, I'm running farther (not necessarily faster), my moods are leveling out, all of which leads me to believe I had some food intolerances that my doctor didn't diagnose when I went in for stomach problems. I'm transitioning into a largely raw diet now, and on my 'raw' days I feel phenomenal!

My weakness is chocolate, but who says a healthy diet can't contain a bit of chocolate?
    Reading: Mischievous Music Duet by Jane Toombs
    Just Finished Reading: Demon Keepers by Jessica Anderson
    TBR: 10

Awards Showcase

I try to eat healthy. I watch the fat that my family eats. I cook with vegetable oil when I use oil. I do love to cook. I watch what sweets I eat. I love fruits the best (Apples, Grapes, Strawberries, Pineappple, Peaches ect.)

I am basically vegan, though since my recent surgery I have been eating fish as I need more protien.
    I enjoy experimenting with veggie recipes and I've learned a lot of new things in preparing vegan dishes.
    Cashew Cream is like a rue for nearly any sauce you can think of and it makes a wonderful comfort food of macaroni and cheese. The cashew cream takes on the flavors you give it, much better than tofu, though tofu has its uses.
    Most all the vegetables have all the nutrients we need and more protien than you expect
    Dairy is one thing I totally eliminated from my diet about 10 years ago and it is more than lactose. This is a tough one to stop, but the results are worth it and the new Almond milk that is out now is better than soy, except in cooking, for cooking soy is better.