Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pen and ink

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Judson View Post
    I just had to jump in on this! Do you suppose we were looking t the same cat? Or do all cats look alike in B and W? LOL!?
    That's another gorgeous cat! I love the shading. :-D
    Reading: Avoid Writer's Hell book three

Awards Showcase

Wink Pen and Ink

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Lori View Post
    Thanks, Janice!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses that technique. :-) I used to see some of my classmates sitting down and doodling on their notepads. The sketch would be just lines at first and then it would turn into this amazing sketched figure. All from memory and in ink, too! I wish I could think like that. I need a subject to look at to work off of. :-)
    My cat picture is from a photo. Yup, my silly old cat use to nap in my pot. She did kill a couple of plants too. *groan*

But I have done pin and ink of dragons, Pegasus, unicorns that was from my imagination.
    [IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
    Janice~
    Out of this world stories that will leave you breathless
    Janice Seagraves
    http://janiceseagraves.org/

ToWrite

I love to sketch, though I haven't gotten a chance now in almost a year. I've been drawing off and on since I could pick up a pencil. LOL

One of my favorite things to do now is draw the characters I write about. It sometimes helps me get a clear picture of them in my head. It's also very relaxing. There's nothing like listening to some soft music and sketching a nice picture.

*sigh* I just wish I had more time.

I hope the image I tried to attach came through. This is one of my favorites. It's not the best, but I keep coming back to it. I did this one with color pencils in about 30 minutes. I also dabble a little in watercolor and acrylics when I have time. My first love is the pencil
    Attached Images

Grab life by the fangs
    Like me on Facebook? Click here.

Awards Showcase

Default Pen and ink

Quote Originally Posted by traceyhkitts View Post
    I love to sketch, though I haven't gotten a chance now in almost a year. I've been drawing off and on since I could pick up a pencil. LOL

One of my favorite things to do now is draw the characters I write about. It sometimes helps me get a clear picture of them in my head. It's also very relaxing. There's nothing like listening to some soft music and sketching a nice picture.

*sigh* I just wish I had more time.

I hope the image I tried to attach came through. This is one of my favorites. It's not the best, but I keep coming back to it. I did this one with color pencils in about 30 minutes. I also dabble a little in watercolor and acrylics when I have time. My first love is the pencil
    Sorry, Tracy, it didn't come through.

I load mine on photobucket then use the code to post it here.

Janice~
    Janice Seagraves

That's weird. It shows up when I click on the attachment. I've got a really slow connection and don't use photobucket a whole lot

Grab life by the fangs
    Like me on Facebook? Click here.

Awards Showcase

Default Pen and ink

Quote Originally Posted by traceyhkitts View Post
    That's weird. It shows up when I click on the attachment. I've got a really slow connection and don't use photobucket a whole lot
    Yup, I clicked on the link. Nice picture. Reminds me of an actor but I can't think who.

Janice~
    Janice Seagraves

wow, those are nice pen and ink sketches. I started in pastel and now I am trying to learn colored pencil. (Do you know what happens when a white cat walks through pastel? Right.) I'm going to try to figure out how to attach a drawing of my cat, D'Artagnan. Um... wondering if there's some place I can upload it where it won't be public...

Awards Showcase

Wink Pen and ink

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah A. Hoyt View Post
    wow, those are nice pen and ink sketches. I started in pastel and now I am trying to learn colored pencil. (Do you know what happens when a white cat walks through pastel? Right.) I'm going to try to figure out how to attach a drawing of my cat, D'Artagnan. Um... wondering if there's some place I can upload it where it won't be public...
    Colored pencil is nice medium. Have you tried the water color pencil? You just add water and can paint with it.

Janice~
    Janice Seagraves

I'll have to try water colored pencil painting myself. I bet it's less messy than acrylics!

Sarah, if you have a website, you can probably upload pics that way and then link it directly. Either that or Photobucket is pretty good because then you can put permissions and make it private or public. Hope that helps!

Awards Showcase

Xwriter Pen and ink

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Lori View Post
    I'll have to try water colored pencil painting myself. I bet it's less messy than acrylics!

Sarah, if you have a website, you can probably upload pics that way and then link it directly. Either that or Photobucket is pretty good because then you can put permissions and make it private or public. Hope that helps!
    Water color pencils are a lot less messy than acrylic paints. I use them with my pen and ink to add color to my drawings.

Use photbucket to post a picture. It works for me.

Janice~
    Janice Seagraves
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12