Since I'm going to be chatting here during June, I thought it might be a good idea to introduce myself. I write as 'Hywela Lyn' (my real first two names) and lived in rural West Wales, land of myths, legends and the Welsh Cob, for most of my life although I moved to England when I married Dave, my husband and chief mucker-outer. My books are mainly fantasy and futuristic, although I do have an historical Western on the 'back burner'.

I've been crazy about horses for as long as I can remember. Writing and horses have been my main passions since I was a small child. As soon as I left school, I saved up for three years to buy my first horse Flikka, and currently have two horses, Harry and T'pau, having lost my little buckskin mare Sally two years ago at the grand old age of 34. I'm not fortunate enough to own the land and buldings where I keep the horses, but rent it with a friend. It works out well although I wish I lived closer. I'm living proof that you don't have to be rich to have horses, just willing to sacrifice things like vacations and smart clothes! LOL. I manage to put fit at least one horse into most of my stories.

I'll be chatting about Harry, and T'pau as well as my rescued Jack Russell and occasional horse helper, Bouncer, together with the stable cats Milly and Molly, and other horse topics, throughout the month. Please feel free to join in with your own horsey experiences, or even talk about your other pets.