Hybrid View

Reading: Modern Day Vampires: Vampire 101 by Paige Tyler
    Just Finished Reading: Training the Receptionist by Juniper Bell
    TBR: 10+

Awards Showcase

Default Your biggest kitchen disaster

I was making chili in the cockpot. I mixed up the beef and the spices in the crockpot on the kitchen island. I picked up the crockpot to carry it to the sink to get the beans, which were draining in a collander, and the bottom fell out of the crockpot. I didn't realize it at the time, but pot was cracked. There was chili everywhere...floor, walls, cabinets, even the hinges of cabinets. Months later, I'd find flecks of chili!

I took a cooking class in college (well, my last semester involved working in a college restaurant), and we were comparing how fast does sugar melt and caramelize, so we used different kinds of sugar - plain white, brown sugar, pulverized/confectioner's sugar. I had to use that last one, and I had to stir repeatedly to help it melt...needless to say, this one melts faster than the others, and for some reason I got distracted (while stirring!), and last thing I knew, smoke was everywhere... my teacher said "WTH did u go, why did you leave it unattended?", to which I dumbly answered "but I was here the whole time!"...everyone was laughing at me.
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.
    Reading: Modern Day Vampires: Vampire 101 by Paige Tyler
    Just Finished Reading: Training the Receptionist by Juniper Bell
    TBR: 10+

Awards Showcase

It's very easy to get distracted. Plenty of times I've forgotten I had garlic bread in the oven.

Once as a kid, I was making toast for breakfast. I burned two slices. I put two more in the toaster and burned them. By that time, I realized I'd better slow down. I put a single slice in the toaster, which came out okay. When my mom came home from work, she asked, "what happened to all the bread?"