Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragons

Hybrid View

Default Dragons

Why are dragons so fascinating to both readers and writers? They appear in many different ethnic groups' mythology looking much the same all over except that most Asian groups dragons don't have wings. In the West ours are winged. Some of us collect dragons. My collection is small, but in it is a wooden green dragon staring at me from the corner of the room where he hangs on a hook from the ceiling ever flying towards me as I sit at the computer. My other green dragon has amethyst eyes and purple wings to match and he's made from satin. He sits on my shoulder at book signings. So, naturally, I also write about dragons. Dragon's Pearl, the first book in my A Darkness Of Dragons Trilogy came out June 1 from www.devinedestinies.com. No green dragons in it, though. How many dragons do YOU have? Jane

Reading: Go Fetch- Shelly Laurenston
    Just Finished Reading: Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston
    TBR: Lots

Awards Showcase

Oh wow! I don't know how many there are. I would guesstimate around 50 or so. I'm not sure what the fascination is with dragons, but I adore them. From movies to books to collectibles, dragons are wonderful.
    Happy Reading,
    Kimberly

Contest Coordinator for CTR

Kimberly: since you were the first to respond, you've won a download of Dragon's Peal in PDF. Pleasc contact me at joombs @jamadots.com (without the space.) Jane

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

i have probably over 100 dragons i collect the little pocket dragons and have since my daughter was born 15 years ago, unfortunatly they are no longer being made so i keep looking at other kinds but haven't decided what to get so i am sticking to reading about them for now.
    Hugs
    Hollie

Whoa, Hollie, that's a lot of dragons! If you'd like to send your snailmail address to jtoombs @jamadots.com. (without the space) I'll send you a CD with excerpts of all my books on it, including an excerpt of Dragon's Pearl. and an excerpt of the second book in the trilogy, Dragon's Diamond. Jane
    Reading: "The Girl who kicked the hornet's nest" Book 3 of the Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson
    Just Finished Reading: "The Girl who played with Fire" Book 2 of the Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson
    TBR: Heaps

Awards Showcase

Xwriter Here there be dragons

I'm not a dragon person, while our daughter-in-law has a bookcase full of little figurines of dragons, warlocks and the like, but I remember with great pleasure reading the books of Anne McCaffrey long ago.
    Looking around my office, I see only one dragon. It is in a framed print of an old sea chart and has no wings. Below it is the legend, "Here there be Dragons", a warning to seafarers not to venture into the western reaches of the Atlantic Ocean.
    To command a flying, fire-breathing, serpent of great power would be grand thing though...
    Amy Gallow
    Romance with a touch of reality...or vice versa?
    website Blog

AMY: If you'd like to send a an email to jtoombs @jamadots.com (without the space) I'll send you a CD with excerpts of all my books on it. Even to Oz! Jane

I read my first dragon book this year. I read G.A. Aikens' first 3 books in her dragon series and they were great. Book 4 comes out this fall.

blo226: Glad you've been turned on by dragons! If you'd like to send a snailmail address to jtoombs @jamadots.com (wihtout the space) I'll send you a CD excerpt of all my books. Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Toombs View Post
    blo226: Glad you've been turned on by dragons! If you'd like to send a snailmail address to jtoombs @jamadots.com (wihtout the space) I'll send you a CD excerpt of all my books. Jane
    Oh, thank you very much. I'll send you my information in a few minutes!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast