Hybrid View

Reading: Modern Day Vampires: Vampire 101 by Paige Tyler
    Just Finished Reading: Training the Receptionist by Juniper Bell
    TBR: 10+

Awards Showcase

Default Heroes - Real v. fictional

On a another message board, one of the topics of discussion was alpha heroes and how the dominance that was attractive in a fictional character could be annoying in a real life.

So, the question for discussion now is, what traits do you like to see in a fictional romantic hero that aren't quite so nice in real life? And vice versa. Are there any good traits in real life mate that are unappealing in a fictional character?

For me, I think that sometimes in fiction, the "wounded" hero can be very appealing...the man who's been hurt by someone/something in his past. Then along comes the right woman who heals him. In REAL life, that doesn't work. You can't "fix" people and thinking you can is only asking for trouble.

Reading: Go Fetch- Shelly Laurenston
    Just Finished Reading: Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston
    TBR: Lots

Awards Showcase

The "wounded" hero is nice, but I think my favorite type of fantasy hero is the bad boy. And I mean the hero who is a bad boy to his very core not the wanna be bad boy. It's sexy and dangerous for a fantasy, but in real life do you really want to be scared of the man you are with? I don't.
    Happy Reading,
    Kimberly

Contest Coordinator for CTR

Reading: Hot Flashes and Cold Cream, by Diann Hunt
    Just Finished Reading: Groom in Training, by Gail Gaymer Martin
    TBR: Five

Awards Showcase

The "strong silent type" in actuality drives me nuts. He's always portrayed in books and movies as dependable, a safe-haven for a weary/victimized heroine. He's just not particularly talkative. Gives him an air of mystique. The heroine is always able to penetrate that silent shell, reach the core of the man, and live happily ever after with him.

What they don't show is that living with a man who's accustomed to keeping his thoughts and feelings to himself can sometimes make for a lonely life. Penetrating that shell on a regular basis gets to be more difficult and often breeds bitterness. I've seen it happen, and it's not a pretty sight.

But that never stops me. I still like reading about the strong, silent type and the heroines who penetrate that shell.

To Funny

I love my hubby and everything about him but to be able to read about male characters that are so different from my hubby is why i read romance. strong, silent type..bad boy..ladies man...i love reading about them all, but i would not trade them for my hubby (as irritating as he can be sometimes)!
    Just Finished Reading: Pride Mates - Jennifer Ashley, Temporally Yours, The Key - Richard Savage
    TBR: 3

Awards Showcase

Cara,
    I understand that you have finished another story to be published by Black Velvet Seductions. Want to tell us what it's about? PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!
    MM
    Reading: Modern Day Vampires: Vampire 101 by Paige Tyler
    Just Finished Reading: Training the Receptionist by Juniper Bell
    TBR: 10+

Awards Showcase

Smile

Hi Mariella -
    Yes, I do have another erotic romance novella that will be soon be published in an e-book format by BVS. Thank you for asking! It's called, "Secret Desires."

Here's a brief snopsis:

For office manager Morgan Moran there are good surprises and bad surprises. Good is getting into the hairdresser on a cancellation or being treated to a luxury spa day by your boyfriend. Bad is having that boyfriend pop THE question before you’re ready.
    >>
    As her thirtieth birthday approaches, Morgan fears her boyfriend of two years, Jack Hudson, is going to ask her marry him. She loves him to death—but she’s not sure that she can love him until death-does-she-part. Although Jack is kind, gentle, thoughtful and built like a sex god, he’s boring in the sack. She’s just not sure she can settle for a lifetime of vanilla sex when she really craves thirty-one flavors.
    >>
    In his younger days, thirty-five-year-old Jack Hudson sowed his wild oats. Really wild, the kind of oats that he knows would shock his girlfriend. He’s cleaned up his act and become a responsible, respectable veterinarian. He’s ready to settle down and ask his girlfriend Morgan Moran to be his wife. He’s crazy about this sexy, sassy spitfire. She keeps him on his toes. Unfortunately, she also keeps him waiting. And waiting. She’s late to everything. It’s almost as if she’s trying to push his buttons, and if she’s late one more time…he’s going to spank her.
    >>
    When Morgan shows up two hours after own birthday celebration begins, she forces Jack to take a very firm and very public stand, unleashing a night of passionate discovery that fulfills all of Morgan’s secret desires. But in the harsh glare of morning, she’s forced to wonder if the price she paid for fulfillment was too high, and if she and Jack can have a future together after all...

>>
    I'll keep everyone posted on the release date, both on CTR and my blog.
    Just Finished Reading: Pride Mates - Jennifer Ashley, Temporally Yours, The Key - Richard Savage
    TBR: 3

Awards Showcase

Default Morgan's 31 flavors

So, let me guess, Cara. Morgan gets her 31 flavors, but in the morning, she's not sure she can handle all those EXTRA calories?

MM