I've only had one pet in my life and her name was LKB - Little Kitty Baby. What a doll. She was a black-and-white Abyssian cat and also a stray.

My husband and I had just moved into our new house in an equestrian center. One morning I heard mews that honestly sounded like a baby crying. My first thought was that someone had left an infant on the back porch.

When I opened the blinds, I didn't see a child (thank god), but a small bundle of fur who stared up at me with adorable green eyes. She was trembling and looked as if she hadn't had a meal in forever.

I shouted for my husband to come downstairs and open a can of tuna. I didn't want to walk away from the door, fearing the poor little thing would leave.

She ate all of the tuna that day, along with a bowl of milk we gave her. Licking her chops, she darted away.

My heart fell, I didn't think I'd see her again.

But sure enough, the next day she came to the door and mewed for her food.

Pretty soon, we had her coming into the house and more or less taking over it. At the time, we didn't know she was pregnant. When she gave birth to her kittens we found all of them good homes and named her Little Kitty Baby - LKB for short.

I'd grown up in a family where cats weren't liked and weren't kept so I had little experience with them.

LKB taught me that cats are the most wonderful pets on earth. She shadowed me through the day and slept on my lap or my husband's at night while we watched TV. You can say we found each other

She passed last year. I still miss her. Someday, I might get lucky and another cat will find me.

Until then, I've been busy writing, writing, writing. My author day at Coffee Time is June 7th. I hope you'll join me on my forum to chat about my books and for a chance to win one of my titles.

Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

THE YEARNING
Samhain – 2/2011 release date

ADORED
4 Stars Romantic Times
Second Place Winner NEC RWA contest
5 Siren Stones – Siren Book Reviews

DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS
4.5 Cherries - Nominated for Book of the Week Whipped Cream Reviews
5 Stars – Reviewer TOP PICK – NOR