Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just realized I was supposed to be here today

Hi All.

For those who dont know me, Im Stella Price and I write Paranormal romance and UF with my sister audra. Im also an award winning cover artist, executive director for the Authors After Dark convention and in my off time im a steampunk enthusiast. I make jewelry and accessories for costumes and every day wear, and theres a ton of it on my ETSY site. So I guess lets start there.

POP round to my shop, and take a look at what I do. then Ill take questions, and such.... Cool?

ETSY SHOP. START HERE
    Stella and Audra Price- Risk Taking Romance

United Steam Society~ Paranormal Pretties~Authors After Dark~
    Reading: The next book to fall off the bookshelf.
    TBR: 450+

Awards Showcase

Hey girlfriend! What's up? LOL :D
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

Can you tell us a little bit about Steampunk?

um sure? Steampunk means a lot of different things to different people. the more militant of them will say its Victorian era and forward where the world never went with the combustion engine and instead went with steam engine, providing a more healthy and safer mode of energy. Lemme get my cohort in here to explain a bit more.

Hello! So I am suposed to explain what my definition of steampunk is?

Default Hello

So I guess I am supose to be here explain what I think steampunk is?

Yes. Go. do your worst.

Do my worst? Do you really want to give me that freedom? Anyways....ok....steampunk, I think there is a lot of freedom to have fun in this sub-culture/genre. I am not keen on all the restrictions some people try to put on it, to me it is taking a time either, past, present or future and adding steam technology as an emphasis. You can do the traditional victorian era or wild, wild west type thing. I personally went far off the beaten path and placed my steampunk short "Love in a Time of Steam" on a different planet, thats whole technology base is steam powered. (insert shameless plug here) my book is coming soon through Tease Publishing as a part of their steampunk anthology "Love Like Clockwork".

As far as fashion goes, have fun with it. Airship pirates, explorers, society ladies. I also like to see people combine styles, I usually have a healthy dose of goth mixed in with my steampunk outfits. And as far as goggles are concerned, sure they usually aren't functional, but if you dig them, rock em!

Anyone have anything specific they want to know? I can sound like I know what I am talking about.
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by StellaPrice View Post
    um sure? Steampunk means a lot of different things to different people. the more militant of them will say its Victorian era and forward where the world never went with the combustion engine and instead went with steam engine, providing a more healthy and safer mode of energy. Lemme get my cohort in here to explain a bit more.
    Sounds interesting. It's just that Samhain Publishing will be releasing a Steampunk Anthology soon and I just wanted to know more about it.

ah well i didnt know about that. Tease will be releasing one soon as well, and our cover for the antho has two amazing steampunk enthusiasts, the owners and proprietors of Parliament and Wake. We got very lucky in getting them, and will have them on future steampunk anthos as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast