Thread: Cupcakes

Hybrid View

Just Finished Reading: The Written Word series by Jamieson Wolf

Awards Showcase

Default Cupcakes

I don't know about you but I am obsessed with Cupcakes. I bake them, eat them, analyze them, adore them.

For anyone living in the Vancouver area I found the BEST website, in my opinion. If you are looking to buy some fab cupcakes check out www.cupcakesonline.com

Anyone have any signature cupcakes that they would like to share?

I have an idea for a manly cupcake.....chocolate cake carved into a cylinder, white buttercream icing in a thick layer on the top and smooth out to meet the edges of the cake and then ethed onthe icing will be harps, clovers, etc. It's a Guiness cupcake! Haven't made it yet but it is made in the novel I am working on. LOL!
    Gina
    Reading: Lady Chatterly's Lover
    TBR: 100+

Awards Showcase

You must have tried those cupcakes from ... from... oh darn. there is a little store in Calgary that sells only cupcakes and they have a line up that reaches out side the store at times. I know there is something special about cupcakes, there's a flair that I certainly can't master, muffins, yes, but not those cupcakes. Kudos to you for pulling them off and when do they come out of the oven? (drooling-Wipes at mouth)
    "If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine Aird"
    visit me at

http://tarasnichols.webs.com

http://tarasnichols.blogspot.com/

http://blog.myspace.com/tarasnichols
    Just Finished Reading: The Written Word series by Jamieson Wolf

Awards Showcase

Believe me..it takes practice and if you don't do it for a while you lose it. Decorating cupcakes and cakes is not like riding a bike!!

I love cupcakes as well! I have an chocolate yogurt cupcake recipe I often make, and I'd love to share here:

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup plain yogurt(I use fat free one)
    • Chocolate chips
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1/2 cup butter, softened
    • 2 eggs
    • 1-1/4 cups flour
    • 1 tsp. baking powder
    • 1/2 tsp. baking soda

Cooking Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.(I use colorful ones!)
    2. In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt and chocolate chips. Let this mixture soak while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
    3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the sugar, butter and eggs until thick and creamy — about 5 or 6 minutes.
    4. In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, in 2 or 3 additions, alternately with the poppy seed mixture. Beat just until smooth. Spoon into the cupcake liners, filling them no more than 2/3 full -- there should be just enough for 12 cupcakes. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes -- until the cupcakes are just beginning to brown and a toothpick poked into the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cupcakes cool on a rack.
    These can have some frosting, I often eat them without it, but they go great with a cream cheese based one..
    To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down.