I love cupcakes as well! I have an chocolate yogurt cupcake recipe I often make, and I'd love to share here:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt(I use fat free one)
- Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.(I use colorful ones!)
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt and chocolate chips. Let this mixture soak while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the sugar, butter and eggs until thick and creamy — about 5 or 6 minutes.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, in 2 or 3 additions, alternately with the poppy seed mixture. Beat just until smooth. Spoon into the cupcake liners, filling them no more than 2/3 full -- there should be just enough for 12 cupcakes. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes -- until the cupcakes are just beginning to brown and a toothpick poked into the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cupcakes cool on a rack.
These can have some frosting, I often eat them without it, but they go great with a cream cheese based one..