Thread: Quilting

Reading: The Lighthouse
    Just Finished Reading: Hurricane Warning
    TBR: many

Awards Showcase

Cloud 9 Quilting

Yesterda6y I was blessed with my first grandchild, a boy name Scott Joseph. Scot weighed in at 6# 13 oz and was 20 and half inches long. He was born at 1:06 PM. Needles to say, parents, grandparents, and great grandparents were all excited and proud of the newest member to our family. What an exciting feeling. It doesn't feel like that long ago, I gave birth to my oldest daughter and before I knew it she was giving birth to her oldest daughter. And now here she is giving birth to a son. Time passes so quickly. It's like that song "Don't Blink 100 years goes faster than you think"
    I remember starting out, young, in love and dieing to start a family. God blessed us a little more than a year after we were married and life was good. If anyone would have told me in 48 years I'd be a great grandmother, I would have laughed at them. 48 years seemed like forever to me. Yet here I am, what seems like a few years later wondering where the time went.
    I'll put another pix of a quilt up tomorrow.
    Reading: Fearless Fourteen
    Just Finished Reading: Carolina Wolf
    TBR: 25

Awards Showcase

Default Congrats!

I'm just starting out...as a grandmother that is. Grandaughter will be 4 in November. I made her a baby quilt, but I should make her another soon...for Christmas or her birthday.

I realized something today, I quilt like I write...always working on several things at once. Pieceing one, sewing another, picking out fabrics for another. That's why I don't ever finish anything. My writing is the same, plotting one in my head, writing the first draft of another, editing yet another.

Have fun with the baby. Pretty soon you'll be telling them you're too young to be a great, great gramma.
    www.kellyfitzpatrick.webs.com
    2009 GOLDEN HEART® finalist
    Pleasant Lake P.D.
    Out now from Ellora's Cave Blush:
    LILY IN WONDERLAND
    Bad Girls Need Love Too!
    FREE read out now at EC - Holiday Hostage
    Coming soon from EC - This Side of Dead